Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Execute commands to specific folder from input file Post 302423384 by amitranjansahu on Friday 21st of May 2010 02:28:58 AM
Old 05-21-2010
Here is a basic for loop that reads from the input file line by line. You add your operation you want to do

Code:
for dirname in *;
do
  #delete your folder or what ever you want
echo $dirname
done < input.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can Xargs execute multiple commands of evry input file

Hello , I am trying to print the footer of evry file in the given directory with xargs command like follows ls -1 | xargs -I {} gzcat {} | tail -1 now problem with this is only last file foooter is getting printed as " | tail -1 " is getting executed for the last file. I know this can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nilesrex
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pls Help-Script to execute Commands and write to excel file

Execute some commands in script and store result in excel sheet Kindly help me........... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Computer_baby
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Execute All Commands in A contrl File

Hi , I have a situation i need to write a while loop until the end of control file.In the control file i have a 5 lines which contains commands.how can i execute all with out waiting for the first one to complete. Ex ControlFile: ScripitName Test ScriptName Test1 ScriptName Test2 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ukatru
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading specific contents from 1 input files and appending it to another input file

Hi guys, I am new to AWK and unix scripting. Please see below my problem and let me know if anyone you can help. I have 2 input files (example given below) Input file 2 is a standard file (it will not change) and we have to get the name (second column after comma) from it and append it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sksahu
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute commands read from another file?

Please help with this simple example. I can not figure out how to do it. A file named “job” contains only this one line:var=5I need a script to read the job file and execute it as a command. This is my attempt (it does not work):#!/bin/sh exec < job echo "var = $var"output should read “var = 5”... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfv
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy specific file.txt in specific folder?

hye there... i have a problem to copy file in specific folder that will change the name according to host,time(%m%s) and date(%Y%M%D) example folder name: host_20100531.154101801 this folder name will always change... but i just want to copy the AAA.txt and BBB.txt file.. really need... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: annetote
17 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using any file in folder as command input

Hi all, I have a command I need to run on a large number of folders. It needs only one input, namely one of the 150 files in the folder (doesn't matter which one): command filenameThe problem is that the names of the files are random, so I was trying to just get the first file by using list and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linnnnn
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell: How to execute commands from another file?

I made a configuration file for my shell script in that all the values that the shell scipt needs, are defined, but I don't know how to let the shell script use those defined variables. Thank you for your help :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alkali
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to take input from the user from the command line and execute commands basedon that?

Hi, I am using solaris 10 and bash shell.Script execution follows below.Initially it will check whether a directory exists or not if does not exist it will create it.(This I have completed) Second step:I have four users say user1,user2,user3,user4.Script should prompt for the user id and... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute a batch file containing ftp commands??

hi, is there a way i can execute a batch file containing ftp commands like we execute sftp batch file. sftp -b batchfile user@server > output how to create a batch file for ftp executing command and how to run the batch file from a shell script? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
2 Replies
Dancer::FileUtils(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Dancer::FileUtils(3pm)

NAME
Dancer::FileUtils - helper providing file utilities SYNOPSIS
use Dancer::FileUtils qw/dirname path/; # for 'path/to/file' my $dir = dirname($path); # returns 'path/to' my $path = path($path); # returns '/abs/path/to/file' use Dancer::FileUtils qw/path read_file_content/; my $content = read_file_content( path( 'folder', 'folder', 'file' ) ); my @content = read_file_content( path( 'folder', 'folder', 'file' ) ); use Dancer::FileUtils qw/read_glob_content set_file_mode/; open my $fh, '<', $file or die "$! "; set_file_mode($fh); my @content = read_file_content($fh); my $content = read_file_content($fh); DESCRIPTION
Dancer::FileUtils includes a few file related utilities related that Dancer uses internally. Developers may use it instead of writing their own file reading subroutines or using additional modules. SUBROUTINES
/METHODS dirname use Dancer::FileUtils 'dirname'; my $dir = dirname($path); Exposes File::Basename's dirname, to allow fetching a directory name from a path. On most OS, returns all but last level of file path. See File::Basename for details. open_file use Dancer::FileUtils 'open_file'; my $fh = open_file('<', $file) or die $message; Calls open and returns a filehandle. Takes in account the 'charset' setting from Dancer's configuration to open the file in the proper encoding (or defaults to utf-8 if setting not present). path use Dancer::FileUtils 'path'; my $path = path( 'folder', 'folder', 'filename'); Provides comfortable path resolving, internally using File::Spec. read_file_content use Dancer::FileUtils 'read_file_content'; my @content = read_file_content($file); my $content = read_file_content($file); Returns either the content of a file (whose filename is the input), undef if the file could not be opened. In array context it returns each line (as defined by $/) as a separate element; in scalar context returns the entire contents of the file. read_glob_content use Dancer::FileUtils 'read_glob_content'; open my $fh, '<', $file or die "$! "; my @content = read_glob_content($fh); my $content = read_glob_content($fh); Same as read_file_content, only it accepts a file handle. Returns the content and closes the file handle. set_file_mode use Dancer::FileUtils 'set_file_mode'; set_file_mode($fh); Applies charset setting from Dancer's configuration. Defaults to utf-8 if no charset setting. EXPORT
Nothing by default. You can provide a list of subroutines to import. AUTHOR
Alexis Sukrieh LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2009-2011 Alexis Sukrieh. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of either: the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; or the Artistic License. See http://dev.perl.org/licenses/ for more information. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-27 Dancer::FileUtils(3pm)