Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Execute commands to specific folder from input file Post 302423383 by dragon.1431 on Friday 21st of May 2010 02:14:40 AM
Old 05-21-2010
Execute commands to specific folder from input file

Hi,
I have one text file input.txt, which has folders path as follows:

Code:
/home/user/automate/abc
/home/user/automate/abc/xyz
/home/user/automate/test
/home/user/automate/test2
/home/user/automate/test2/abc/Main

In those folders i have .svn folder.
1) First i want to remove .svn like rm -rf
2) initialize git repository in those folders ie, run git init command.

Please note that under /home/userautomate/ also have many other folders ~100.I dont want to touch those ( which will have .svn ).
I could go with for loop for all the folders but i want the script to take input as input.txt file.

I would appreciate all your help Smilie.

Last edited by Yogesh Sawant; 05-21-2010 at 04:35 AM.. Reason: added code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can Xargs execute multiple commands of evry input file

Hello , I am trying to print the footer of evry file in the given directory with xargs command like follows ls -1 | xargs -I {} gzcat {} | tail -1 now problem with this is only last file foooter is getting printed as " | tail -1 " is getting executed for the last file. I know this can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nilesrex
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pls Help-Script to execute Commands and write to excel file

Execute some commands in script and store result in excel sheet Kindly help me........... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Computer_baby
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Execute All Commands in A contrl File

Hi , I have a situation i need to write a while loop until the end of control file.In the control file i have a 5 lines which contains commands.how can i execute all with out waiting for the first one to complete. Ex ControlFile: ScripitName Test ScriptName Test1 ScriptName Test2 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ukatru
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading specific contents from 1 input files and appending it to another input file

Hi guys, I am new to AWK and unix scripting. Please see below my problem and let me know if anyone you can help. I have 2 input files (example given below) Input file 2 is a standard file (it will not change) and we have to get the name (second column after comma) from it and append it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sksahu
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute commands read from another file?

Please help with this simple example. I can not figure out how to do it. A file named “job” contains only this one line:var=5I need a script to read the job file and execute it as a command. This is my attempt (it does not work):#!/bin/sh exec < job echo "var = $var"output should read “var = 5”... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfv
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy specific file.txt in specific folder?

hye there... i have a problem to copy file in specific folder that will change the name according to host,time(%m%s) and date(%Y%M%D) example folder name: host_20100531.154101801 this folder name will always change... but i just want to copy the AAA.txt and BBB.txt file.. really need... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: annetote
17 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using any file in folder as command input

Hi all, I have a command I need to run on a large number of folders. It needs only one input, namely one of the 150 files in the folder (doesn't matter which one): command filenameThe problem is that the names of the files are random, so I was trying to just get the first file by using list and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linnnnn
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell: How to execute commands from another file?

I made a configuration file for my shell script in that all the values that the shell scipt needs, are defined, but I don't know how to let the shell script use those defined variables. Thank you for your help :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alkali
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to take input from the user from the command line and execute commands basedon that?

Hi, I am using solaris 10 and bash shell.Script execution follows below.Initially it will check whether a directory exists or not if does not exist it will create it.(This I have completed) Second step:I have four users say user1,user2,user3,user4.Script should prompt for the user id and... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute a batch file containing ftp commands??

hi, is there a way i can execute a batch file containing ftp commands like we execute sftp batch file. sftp -b batchfile user@server > output how to create a batch file for ftp executing command and how to run the batch file from a shell script? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
2 Replies
NEW(1)                                                               [nmh-1.5]                                                              NEW(1)

NAME
new - report on folders with new messages fnext - set current folder to next folder with new messages fprev - set current folder to previous folder with new messages unseen - scan new messages in all folders with new messages SYNOPSIS
new [sequences] [-mode mode] [-folders foldersfile] [-version] [-help] fnext is equivalent to new -mode fnext fprev is equivalent to new -mode fprev unseen is equivalent to new -mode unseen DESCRIPTION
New in its default mode produces a one-line-per-folder listing of all folders containing messages in the listed sequences or in the sequences listed in the profile entry "Unseen-Sequence". Each line contains the folder, the number of messages in the desired sequences, and the message lists from the .mh_sequences file. For example: foo 11.* 40-50 bar 380. 760-772 824-828 total 391. The `*' on foo indicates that it is the current folder. The last line shows the total number of messages in the desired sequences. New crawls the folder hierarchy recursively to find all folders, and prints them in lexicographic order. Override this behavior by provid- ing foldersfile containing the pre-sorted list of folders new should check, one per line. In fnext and fprev modes, new instead changes to the next or previous matching folder, respectively. In unseen mode, new executes scan sequences for each matching folder. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder Unseen-Sequence: The name of the unseen message sequence SEE ALSO
scan(1), mh-format(5) HISTORY
Based on Luke Mewburn's new (http://www.mewburn.net/luke/src/new). MH.6.8 11 June 2012 NEW(1)