Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Calling a c program using perl script Post 302423286 by gkbond on Thursday 20th of May 2010 02:22:54 PM
Old 05-20-2010
. not recognised as external or internal command

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling SHELL script from C program

Hi, I just tried to call a simple script from a pretty simple C program. I could not succeed :-( a message was thrown saying "sh: line 1: "Script name with path": Permission denied" The C program and shell script are below, both are in the same directory and shell script is given... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chanakya.m
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run shell script from C program by calling fork and execl

I need to write a c program that uses the fork and excel system calls to run the shell script mode invoked like this: "./mode 644 ls -l" (that is the argumetns will always be 644 ls -l) here's the mode script: #!/bin/sh octal="$1" shift find . -maxdepth 1 -perm $octal -exec $@ {} \; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: computethis
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling 3 perl script from one

hi all, I have 3 perl scripts a.pl,b.pl and c.pl each of these work when i pass a date for eg: perl c.pl 2010-05-27 now i want to write a perl script that would call the 3 scripts and make it run all the 3 scripts (a.pl,b.pl,c.pl) parallelly rather than 1 after the other....... pls... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva_nagarajan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling a shell script from a C program

Hi, I have a shell script which connects to a database and fetches the count of the records from a table. I want to embed this whole script in a C program. Also the count fetched should be available in the C program for further usage. Please let me know how this can be done. Thanks ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: swasid
0 Replies

5. Programming

Calling a shell script from a C program

Hi, I have a shell script which connects to a database and fetches the count of the records from a table. I want to embed this whole script in a C program. Also the count fetched should be available in the C program for further usage. Please let me know how this can be done. Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: swasid
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling perl script in shell program

How to call a perl script in shell program / shell scripting. PLS HELP ME (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hravisankar
2 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Calling compiled C program with Perl program

Long story short: I'm working inside of a Unix SSH under a bash shell. I have to code a C program that generates a random number. Then I have to call the compiled C program with a Perl program to run the C program 20 times and put all the generated random #s into a text file, then print that text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdkirby
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass the environment name while calling java program from unix script?

Hi, I'm trying to test one unix shell script in dev environment. But I'm not sure how to pass the environment in my java program calling code. I'm trying to use -DconsumerEnv="DEV" but unfortunately I get 'null' while trying to print the value from java class. System.out.println("Environment: "+... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pramit
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a perl script with arguments from a parent perl script

I am trying to run a perl script which needs input arguments from a parent perl script, but doesn't seem to work. Appreciate your help in this regard. From parent.pl $input1=123; $input2=abc; I tried calling it with system("/usr/bin/perl child.pl $input1 $input2"); and `perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grajp002
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a shell script present on another server using perl script.

Hi, I am working on a sever A. I want to write a perl script to execute a shell script persent on the server B. please help me in this. thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anandgodse
3 Replies
PROCESSCSV.PY(1)					      Virtualization Support						  PROCESSCSV.PY(1)

NAME
processcsv.py - process virt-top CSV files SUMMARY
virt-top --csv data.csv processcsv.py < data.csv DESCRIPTION
virt-top is a top(1)-like utility for showing stats of virtualized domains. processcsv.py is a simple Python script that post-processes the output of "virt-top --csv". It is used like this: virt-top --csv data.csv processcsv.py < data.csv The second command will overwrite the following files in the current directory: "global.csv" This contains the global (host) statistics columns from the CSV file. "domainNN.csv" (multiple files) For each libvirt domain ID NN, a file is created containing the per-domain statistics from the CSV file. SEE ALSO
virt-top(1) AUTHORS
Richard W.M. Jones <rjones @ redhat . com> COPYRIGHT
(C) Copyright 2007-2012 Red Hat Inc., Richard W.M. Jones http://libvirt.org/ This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA. virt-top-1.0.8 2013-12-29 PROCESSCSV.PY(1)