Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What would you do with a Acer TravelMate 512DX Post 302423217 by Xethron on Thursday 20th of May 2010 11:28:25 AM
Old 05-20-2010
Hey bakunin,

Great idea! Would I still be able to use my Linksys Router as the Router, or should I scrap that and use the laptop instead for everything?

Don't really wanne loose my wireless, and don't really wanne buy a wireless switch... Trying to make best use of the hardware I got. :P

Thanks for the idea... Definitely gonne look into it!

Xethron

PS: Sorry for posting in the wrong forum, won't happen again!

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

fedora core 6 not supported for acer lcd monitor

hi all i brought a new acer 17" widescreen lcd monitor . fedora core linux 6 in not displaying on the monitor . giving a error input not supported please let me know wht i can do (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nageshrk
1 Replies

2. Linux

install vlc on acer aspire one linpus linux

hello friends i have tried follwoing the instructions efore you proceed to install VLC you may want remove the pre-installed media players. sudo yum remove pdvdlinux mplayer\* sed /pcmmvp/d -i $HOME/.config/xfce4/desktop/group-app.xml To install VLC just add both repositories and use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: garethsays
0 Replies

3. Hardware

Figuring out if Ubuntu will work (completely) with an Acer One (w/ AMD fusion chips)

Hi, I am trying to buy a netbook with Ubuntu pre-installed. I have looked for hours and have not found anything. Calls to Dell, HP, Toshiba have confirmed them NOT selling Ubuntu preloaded laptops. This leads me to look for a netbook that can handle Ubuntu. Getting to the point... I think I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mearex
4 Replies

4. Hardware

Problem with Broadcom BCM43225 wifi interface on an Acer Aspire laptop

Hi This is a question about Broadcom BCM43225 wifi interface on an Acer Aspire laptop I just had a fresh install of ubuntu 16.04 on my acer aspire laptop and I am having a difficult issue with my wifi connection. Every time I restart my laptop I get the wifi connection working, but after a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: faizlo
0 Replies
regulatory.bin(5)                                                      Linux                                                     regulatory.bin(5)

NAME
regulatory.bin, regulatory.db - The Linux wireless regulatory database Description regulatory.bin and regulatory.db are the files used by the Linux wireless subsystem to keep its regulatory database information. regulatory.bin is read by crda upon the Linux kernel's request for regulatory information for a specific ISO / IEC 3166 alpha2 country code. regulatory.db is a newer, extensible database format which (since Linux 4.15) is read by the kernel directly as a firmware file. The regulatory database is kept in a small binary format for size and code efficiency. The regulatory.bin file can be parsed and read in human format by using the regdbdump command. The regulatory database files should be updated upon regulatory changes or corrections. Upkeeping The regulatory database is maintained by the community as such you are encouraged to send any corrections or updates to the linux-wireless and wireless-regdb mailing lists: linux-wireless@vger.kernel.org and wireless-regdb@lists.infradead.org SEE ALSO
regdbdump(8) crda(8) iw(8) http://wireless.kernel.org/en/developers/Regulatory/ regulatory.bin 21 December 2017 regulatory.bin(5)