Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Linux OS timezone information file, question. Post 302423184 by expert on Thursday 20th of May 2010 10:12:36 AM
Old 05-20-2010
change the TZ variable according to your need.
it will be defaulted to GMT ..
if you want have malaysia time i.e GMT+8.00 hrs..

so change the variable to TZ= Mal + 8..

let us know what do you want to do exactly like to change the time during running the application or shell script or...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux question, pardon, on long file names

Sorry, hope no one minds the linux question here, I use both unix and linux, and have come across a problem. On my linux box i have a dual boot, and i've set it up so i can access my windows data partition while in linux mode (mount the vfat partition), but linux doesn't recognize long file names,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymberm
2 Replies

2. Linux

can C language received information from Linux/Unix

Hi ! Can C -langauge interface with Unix/Linux? Currently i have written a application for SMS using C programing. I would like to know if i am able to receive information from Unix/Linux so that it can activate the application. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JOHNSON
5 Replies

3. Programming

Finding timezone information

how to extract current/existing timezone information ?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kartik.patel
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris and Linux system information.

Hey, I have a program that takes more time on a solaris machine than on a linux machine. So I guess the best way to know whats going on is to compare the two systems ? CPU and Memory ? Is there any other parameter that I should look at ? So on the linux box I ran: And on the Solaris: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_learner
6 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

How to get the Linux system information?

Hi, How to get the Linux system hardware and software basic information using terminal command ? Here below i have specified some of the information i need. Please have a look at this and guide me. OS Name: OS Version : OS Manufacturer: OS Configuration: OS Build Type:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: forumguest
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

Information About Solid State Disk in Linux

Hello, I have few HDD and SSD installed in my RHEL 5 server. I want to know which disk are SDD and which are HDD. What command should I use? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fahdmirza
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Red Hat linux fault information

Hi, I want to do some fault association analysis in red hat linux. who can tell me where I can get all of the fault information, and the detailed description about this fault information. Thank you very much. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhaoyy
4 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Linux displaying content information

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Using the fixed length field file called famous.dat make a one-line Unix command - using pipe(s) - to display an... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wizardoz123456
5 Replies

9. Solaris

[Solved] Question changing timezone rules / zic

Dear, One of our customer which is located in Iraq/Baghdad, has informed us about a official change in daylight saving time in few days later and has asked us to fix this issue. So, the current timezone of that system is set as 'Asia/Baghdad' which is correct. however to fix the issue I went... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anti_Evil
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Changing only time zone file not the timezone without reboot

Hello all, I just want to update the timezone file with new file to update the time, so the zone in /etc/TIMEZONE will be the same but the file it refers to will be changed, and the local time should be changed, can this take effect without rebooting Solaris 10? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amr.Es
9 Replies
rtc(1M) 						  System Administration Commands						   rtc(1M)

NAME
rtc - provide all real-time clock and GMT-lag management SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/rtc [-c] [-z zone-name] DESCRIPTION
On x86 systems, the rtc command reconciles the difference in the way that time is established between UNIX and MS-DOS systems. UNIX systems utilize Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), while MS-DOS systems utilize local time. Without arguments, rtc displays the currently configured time zone string. The currently configured time zone string is based on what was last recorded by rtc-z zone-name. The rtc command is not normally run from a shell prompt; it is generally invoked by the system. Commands such as date(1) and rdate(1M), which are used to set the time on a system, invoke /usr/sbin/rtc -c to ensure that daylight savings time (DST) is corrected for properly. OPTIONS
-c This option checks for DST and makes corrections if necessary. It is normally run once a day by a cron job. If there is no RTC time zone or /etc/rtc_config file, this option will do nothing. -z zone-name This option, which is normally run by the system at software installation time, is used to specify the time zone in which the RTC is to be maintained. It updates the configuration file /etc/rtc_config with the name of the specified zone and the current GMT lag for that zone. If there is an existing rtc_config file, this command will update it. If not, this command will create it. FILES
/etc/rtc_config The data file used to record the time zone and GMT lag. This file is completely managed by /usr/sbin/rtc, and it is read by the kernel. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
date(1), rdate(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 3 Oct 2003 rtc(1M)