Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris what is the command to see which database ie..oracle in running on solaris 10 Post 302423052 by jharish on Thursday 20th of May 2010 05:07:27 AM
Old 05-20-2010
pkginfo should help you

Hi,

Just type pkginfo in your solaris environment which lists the set of packages installed in the system. You should be able to find the database details now.

Regards,
Harish J

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Need help with C app on Oracle running on Solaris 6

Hello, I would really appreciate some help with a problem my current client is having. He has an old legacy app that does his company's financial accounting and ERP for manufacturing, etc. The app was written by a company called "Just in time" in Austin, TX, and they are no longer in business. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: w0lf
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

oracle database on solaris and linux

what is the difference in running oracle database on solaris and linux operating system (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganga
3 Replies

3. Solaris

[help]oracle database error on solaris 8

hi experts, i have some problem with my oracle database 8.1.7 running on sun solaris 8, after 2 days or more i cannot login into database and needed to restart the database, below shown the error : ERROR: ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 2 ORA-04031: unable to allocate 4200... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
5 Replies

4. AIX

ORACLE Database running slow on AIX ( nmon / topas )

Hello, How can I know if ORACLE Database is running slow due to Memory or due to processing power ? I have only Oracle Database running on a P4 with 4GB RAM. Could anyone suggest any tools which can help me determine exactly if it is memory issue or processor issue. (43 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
43 Replies

5. Solaris

Is possbile to install Oracle database 10g on Solaris 11 Express ?

Today I finally tuned my Solaris 11 express so now works better :D I want to install some relational database on that machine and learn for my future carrier. I downloaded Oracle database 10g for Solaris x86 and tried to install it but my system didn't passed system requirements, installer... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running script automatically when threshold limit met in one of the field in oracle database

Hi Guys, Need you help in one point! I am working on one shell script which takes following steps : 1. Taking one query result from oracle database 2. Exporting that result to Xls file 3. Mailing that file to my own mail ID Now, I want to give a threshold limit to one of the column... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Agupte
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Oracle database 11R2 postinstalltion tasks, Solaris 10

Hi guys I installed Oracle database enterprise edition 11R2 on Solaris 10. More precise $ cat /etc/release Oracle Solaris 10 9/10 s10x_u9wos_14a X86 Copyright (c) 2010, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Assembled 11... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)