Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to grep sql error in shell script and exit the script? Post 302422917 by allinshell99 on Wednesday 19th of May 2010 06:55:03 PM
Old 05-19-2010
How to grep sql error in shell script and exit the script?

I need help in the following script. I want to grep the sql errors insert into the error table and exit the shell script if there is any error, otherwise keep running the scripts.

Here is my script
Code:
#!/bin/csh -f
source .orapass
set user = $USER
set pass = $PASS

cd /opt/data/scripts
echo "Creating Type A File ..."
./filename.pl

$ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus $user/$pass@cmd <<LINE;
truncate table DUP_CONTACTS_SUM
/
truncate table DUP_CONTACTS_TMP
/
exit
LINE

Thanks!

Last edited by Scott; 05-19-2010 at 08:28 PM.. Reason: Please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Have a shell script call another shell script and exit

I have a shell script that calls another shell script "str_process_main" that runs in a loop until a given time. I want the first script to just call the second one and then exit. The first script is: #!/bin/ksh DATE=$(date +%m%d%y) DPID=$(ps -ef|grep str_process_main|grep -v grep) if ;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heprox
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling SQL LDR and SQL plus scripts in a shell script

Hi- I am trying to achieve the following in a script so I can schedule it on a cron job. I am fairly new to the unix environment... I have written a shell script that reads a flat file and loads the data into an Oracle table (Table1) via SQLLDR. This Works fine. Then, I run a nested insert... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajagavini
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

error connecting sql through a shell script

Hi I am getting this error while connecting to sql through a shell script, whereas i am able to connect to sql directly. It was working properly earlier, no clue why i am getting this. Please find the log below: FTP to <IP> completed Wed Apr 30 11:42:01 BST 2008 Program ended. Wed Apr 30... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nehak
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

(Urgent):Creating flat file using sql script and sqlplus from UNIX Shell Script

Hi, I need help urgently for following issue. Pls help me to resolve this issue. I am calling sql script file(file1.sql) from UNIX Shell Script(script1.ksh) using sql plus and trying to create flat file that contains all records returned from SQL query in SQL script(file1.sql) I given... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: praka
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trying to grep the first few lines of a continuos script, and exit the script anyidea

Hi. I am trying to extract the output of the first few lines of a continuos sh script. The when i run it, i wont to grep the the first 20 lines of it for an entry and basically do a crtl z out of it or to that effect, and output the results to a text file. I basically want to script... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: k00061804
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass null value to sql script from korn shell script

There are 4 parameters that I have to pass from korn shell to sql script. 1) I have to check if $1 , $2 , $3 and $4 are null values or not . How can I do that ? 2) Once its determined that these values are null (in the sense they are empty) how can I pass null values to sql script... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to capture the exit code of a shell script in a perl script.?

hi, i want to pop up an alert box using perl script. my requirement is. i am using a html page which calls a perl script. this perl script calls a shell script.. after the shell script ends its execution, i am using exit 0 to terminate the shell script successfully and exit 1 to terminate the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Oracle sql script as argument to UNIX shell script?

Hi all, $ echo $SHELL /bin/bash Requirement - How to pass oracle sql script as argument to unix shell script? $ ./output.sh users.sql Below are the shell scripts and the oracle sql file in the same folder. Shell Script $ cat output.sh #!/bin/bash .... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Exit when sql script give error

Hi Guys, I am calling a SQL script which runs under while loop, i need to exit the while loop if i get error in sql script which is called while do sqlplus -s user/pass@db @test.sql id$i done test.sql whenever sqlerror exit; alter table t1 add &1 number; I need to come out of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script with sql script error

Hi All when I execute from psql prompt, I get the result, when I try to automate using a shell script, the query is not working # `/usr/bin/psql -U postgres -d coba1 -c "select name from users where "Date" > current_date - 30;"` ERROR: column "Date" does not exist LINE 1: select... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srilinux09
2 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.10 30 Jan 2004 script(1)