Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Monitoring and Reporting Solutions Post 302422887 by notreallyhere on Wednesday 19th of May 2010 05:22:52 PM
Old 05-19-2010
Have a look at a program called Zenoss as well as Xymon.
As I've found in the short time that I've worked with Solaris, many monitoring tools work great on linux versions but Solaris is very "iffy" when it comes to installing and configuring these programs.
Good luck though.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reporting

I have to do a lot of reporting for the company that I work for and was wondering if anyone had suggestions for a way to create professional looking reports. I currently use Filepro so much that I rarely see the shell. Any help is appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike11
3 Replies

2. Linux

VPN Solutions

Hello Friends I want to know about VPN Solutions under Linux Please help me :confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaibw
6 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Backup solutions

Hi guys, We are looking to replace our current backup solution - we currently backup our Progress databases (on SCO Unixware7) to DLT7000 tapes but that being old technology the failure rate is increasing and we need to replace them with a more reliable solution. We've been looking at SDLT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Seraphic
2 Replies

4. SCO

Backup solutions

Hi guys, We are looking to replace our current backup solution - we currently backup our Progress databases (on SCO) to DLT7000 tapes but that being old technology the failure rate is increasing and we need to replace them with a more reliable solution. We've been looking at SDLT drives/tapes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Seraphic
2 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Storage Monitoring/Reporting?

Hi. How do you guys, monitor/report your Storage environment? I have people (don't we all? ) that like to have monthly reports on space (raw/assigned/available), ports available/used, switches and the such. Do you use anything special? Or are you like me, a nice big Excel spreadsheet? How... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Stephan
1 Replies
HOBBIT-NKEDIT.CGI(1)					      General Commands Manual					      HOBBIT-NKEDIT.CGI(1)

NAME
hobbit-nkedit.cgi - Xymon Critical Systems view CGI SYNOPSIS
hobbit-nkedit.cgi DESCRIPTION
hobbit-nkedit.cgi is invoked as a CGI script via the hobbit-nkedit.sh CGI wrapper. hobbit-nkedit.cgi is a web-based editor for the hobbit-nkview.cfg(5) file, which is used to configure the Xymon "Critical Systems" view. A detailed description of how to use the editor is provided in the Xymon Web documentation, available from the "Help" -> "Critical Systems" link on the Xymon website. SECURITY
Access to this CGI script should be restricted through access controls in your webserver. Editing the Critical Systems View configuration will impact the monitoring of your site. OPTIONS
--config=FILENAME Name of the Critical Systems View configuration file. The default is hobbit-nkview.cfg in the $BBHOME/etc/ directory. --env=FILENAME Loads the environment defined in FILENAME before executing the CGI script. --area=NAME Load environment variables for a specific area. NB: if used, this option must appear before any --env=FILENAME option. --debug Enables debugging output. SEE ALSO
hobbit-nkview.cgi(1), xymon(7) Xymon Version 4.2.3: 4 Feb 2009 HOBBIT-NKEDIT.CGI(1)