Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with extract using awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with extract using awk Post 302422839 by vgersh99 on Wednesday 19th of May 2010 03:08:55 PM
Old 05-19-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudocoder
Because he needs the size field as well Smilie
Else he could simply run ls *.edf
... that and:
Code:
-rw-rw-rw-   1 user group      407 Oct 14  2009 foo   bar
-rw-rw-rw-   1 user group      407 Oct 14  2009 foo:ba .txt

This User Gave Thanks to vgersh99 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK to extract information

Hi all, I am working on a shell script to extract information from a file that has output from Oracle sqlplus. The problem is that the output of a single line is spread across multiple lines and i do not know as how to extract the particular filed at ones,which spans multiple lines.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harris2107
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract elements using Awk

Hi, I have this typical extraction problem in AWK. I have 3 input files.. i) First one is somehow like an oracle of:- foo 12,23,24 bla 11,34 car 35 ii)Second file is basically detailing the score for each of the second field of first file. Besides, for the first column, it is the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to extract text

I am currently on a project where I must extract all the data between two words. I am currently running a perl script and trying to use awk to extract specific lines of text between two words: ./myscript.pl | awk ' " An example of the output of the script: =================== WORKING LOG... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Davizzle
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how extract certain value within a line using awk

hi if would like to get the phone number as an output, can you guide me here please <A>213444555</A><B><B>ABCDEFG</B> I just want to get the phone number from the file in between <A> and </A> Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: imran721
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Data - awk

I need to extract columns but the way it should be stored in a file is different.I can simply do a cut -f3,2 filename but the problem is even if i do it so and the values in column 2 are string then col 2 would be appear before col3 I tried awk but using the substr i think its not possible to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinjo_jo
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help Using awk to Extract Data

Hi. Im new to UNIX also in programming language which in need help to output like what was I indicated using either awk shell programming or combination of some commands. Correct me if im in the wrong section. Thanks in advance. Input 101 The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog 99... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankai29
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract texts using awk

Hello, I have two files: File1: a b c d File2: b c e I need 'e' as output.... Thanks.. ---------- Post updated at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:15 PM ---------- (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shekhar2010us
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract data with awk

i have a following output file PF Release 2.4 on SERVICE at Mon Feb 6 18:41:02 2012 ---------------------------------------- ---------------- |pPF |SEP |CAPS |CALLS |OPEN | |-------------------------------------------------------------| | 0 ---... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gauravah
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract column with awk

This is a example TXT file: ID CDR1 CDR2 CDR3 1 CDR1 CDR3 2 CDR1 CDR2 CDR3 3 CDR3 What I want to do is extract the fourth column with awk, however, there are some blank space in some field. I get wrong result when it print out awk result. awk '{print $1,$4}'... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: xshang
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract lines in awk

Hi, I have one file of the following format: TBCD, 1521, 14585236, NSDFC XSDF, 1845, 14525426, SDFFF SDFC, 4524, 14523655, SDNCV ASBC, 1845, 48754251, SDFFC ASBC, 1845, 54542512, SDFFF ASBC, 1845, 34212512, NSDFC ASBC, 1845, 16890234, ASFCH MNDG, 1896, 15842642, SFTDD SDFC, 8524,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex2005
4 Replies
ncftpls(1)						      General Commands Manual							ncftpls(1)

NAME
ncftpls - Internet file transfer program for scripts SYNOPSIS
ncftpls [options] ftp://url.style/host/path/name/ OPTIONS
Command line flags: -1 Most basic format, one item per line. -l Long list format. -R Long list format, recurse subdirectories. Equivalent to "-x -lR". -x -XX Additional ls flags to pass on to the server. -u XX Use username XX instead of anonymous. -p XX Use password XX with the username. -P XX Use port number XX instead of the default FTP service port (21). -d XX Use the file XX for debug logging. -t XX Timeout after XX seconds. -E Use regular (PORT) data connections. -F Use passive (PASV) data connections. The default is to use passive, but to fallback to regular if the passive connection fails or times out. -r XX Redial a maximum of XX times until connected to the remote FTP server. -W XX Send raw FTP command XX after logging in. -X XX Send raw FTP command XX after each file transferred. -Y XX Send raw FTP command XX before logging out. The -W, -X, and -Y options are useful for advanced users who need to tweak behavior on some servers. For example, users accessing mainframes might need to send some special SITE commands to set blocksize and record format information. For these options, you can use them multiple times each if you need to send multiple commands. For the -X option, you can use the cookie %s to expand into the name of the file that was transferred. DESCRIPTION
The purpose of ncftpls is to do remote directory listings using the File Transfer Protocol without entering an interactive shell. This lets you write shell scripts or other unattended processes that can do FTP. The default behavior is to print the directory listing in columnized format (i.e. ls -CF), but that is not very useful for scripting. This example uses the -1 flag, to print one file per line: $ ncftpls -1 ftp://ftp.ncftp.com/pub/ncftp/ You can also do a remote "ls -l", by using "ncftpls -l". If you want to try other flags, you have to use them with the -x flag. For exam- ple, if you wanted to do a remote "ls -lrt", you could do this: $ ncftpls -x "-lrt" ftp://ftp.ncftp.com/pub/ncftp/ By default the program tries to open the remote host and login anonymously, but you can specify a username and password information like you can with ncftpget or ncftpput. DIAGNOSTICS
ncftpls returns the following exit values: 0 Success. 1 Could not connect to remote host. 2 Could not connect to remote host - timed out. 3 Transfer failed. 4 Transfer failed - timed out. 5 Directory change failed. 6 Directory change failed - timed out. 7 Malformed URL. 8 Usage error. 9 Error in login configuration file. 10 Library initialization failed. 11 Session initialization failed. AUTHOR
Mike Gleason, NcFTP Software (mgleason@ncftp.com). SEE ALSO
ncftpput(1), ncftpget(1), ncftp(1), ftp(1), rcp(1), tftp(1). LibNcFTP (http://www.ncftp.com/libncftp/). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWncftp | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Volatile | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for ncftp is available on http://opensolaris.org. Software NcFTP ncftpls(1)