Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with extract using awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with extract using awk Post 302422804 by pseudocoder on Wednesday 19th of May 2010 12:29:40 PM
Old 05-19-2010
methyl,
did you run my command and it did not work for you? There was a small error, because the initial regex was for systems which have 00 Mon format in the ls -l output (where 00 represents the day and Mon month). I've adjusted the regex for Mon 00 format. Maybe you want to run it again?
However "ls -lrt *.edf | cut -d" " -f7-" always worked pretty nice for me Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK to extract information

Hi all, I am working on a shell script to extract information from a file that has output from Oracle sqlplus. The problem is that the output of a single line is spread across multiple lines and i do not know as how to extract the particular filed at ones,which spans multiple lines.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harris2107
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract elements using Awk

Hi, I have this typical extraction problem in AWK. I have 3 input files.. i) First one is somehow like an oracle of:- foo 12,23,24 bla 11,34 car 35 ii)Second file is basically detailing the score for each of the second field of first file. Besides, for the first column, it is the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to extract text

I am currently on a project where I must extract all the data between two words. I am currently running a perl script and trying to use awk to extract specific lines of text between two words: ./myscript.pl | awk ' " An example of the output of the script: =================== WORKING LOG... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Davizzle
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how extract certain value within a line using awk

hi if would like to get the phone number as an output, can you guide me here please <A>213444555</A><B><B>ABCDEFG</B> I just want to get the phone number from the file in between <A> and </A> Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: imran721
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Data - awk

I need to extract columns but the way it should be stored in a file is different.I can simply do a cut -f3,2 filename but the problem is even if i do it so and the values in column 2 are string then col 2 would be appear before col3 I tried awk but using the substr i think its not possible to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinjo_jo
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help Using awk to Extract Data

Hi. Im new to UNIX also in programming language which in need help to output like what was I indicated using either awk shell programming or combination of some commands. Correct me if im in the wrong section. Thanks in advance. Input 101 The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog 99... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankai29
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract texts using awk

Hello, I have two files: File1: a b c d File2: b c e I need 'e' as output.... Thanks.. ---------- Post updated at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:15 PM ---------- (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shekhar2010us
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract data with awk

i have a following output file PF Release 2.4 on SERVICE at Mon Feb 6 18:41:02 2012 ---------------------------------------- ---------------- |pPF |SEP |CAPS |CALLS |OPEN | |-------------------------------------------------------------| | 0 ---... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gauravah
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract column with awk

This is a example TXT file: ID CDR1 CDR2 CDR3 1 CDR1 CDR3 2 CDR1 CDR2 CDR3 3 CDR3 What I want to do is extract the fourth column with awk, however, there are some blank space in some field. I get wrong result when it print out awk result. awk '{print $1,$4}'... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: xshang
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract lines in awk

Hi, I have one file of the following format: TBCD, 1521, 14585236, NSDFC XSDF, 1845, 14525426, SDFFF SDFC, 4524, 14523655, SDNCV ASBC, 1845, 48754251, SDFFC ASBC, 1845, 54542512, SDFFF ASBC, 1845, 34212512, NSDFC ASBC, 1845, 16890234, ASFCH MNDG, 1896, 15842642, SFTDD SDFC, 8524,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex2005
4 Replies
TAU_MERGE(1)							       Tools							      TAU_MERGE(1)

NAME
tau_merge - combine multiple node and or thread TAU tracefiles into a merged tracefile SYNOPSIS
tau_merge [-a] [-r] [-n] [-e eventfile_list] [-m output_eventfile] {tracefile_list} [{output_tracefile} { - }] DESCRIPTION
tau_merge is generated when TAU is configured with the -TRACE option. This tool assembles a set of tau trace and event files from multiple multiple nodes or threads across a program's execution into a single unified trace file. Many TAU trace file tools operate on merged trace files. Minimally, tau_merge must be invoked with a list of unmerged trace files followed by the desired name of the merged trace file or the - flag to send the output to the standard out. Typically the list can be designated by giving the shared name of the trace files to be merged followed by desired range of thread or node designators in brackets or the wild card character '*' to encompass variable thread and node designations in the filename (trace.A.B.C.trc where A, B and C are the node, context and thread numbers respectively). For example tautrace.*.trc would represent all tracefiles in a given directory while tautrace.[0-5].0.0.trc would represent the tracefiles of nodes 0 through 5 with context 0 and thread 0. tau_merge will generate the specified merged trace file and an event definition file, tau.edf by default. The event definition file can be given an alternative name by using the '-m' flag followed by the desired filename. A list of event definition files to be merged can be designated explicitly by using the '-e' flag followed by a list of unmerged .edf files, specified in the same manner as the trace file list. If computational resources are insufficient to merge all trace and event files simultaneously the process may be undertaken hierarchically. Corresponding subsets of the tracefiles and eventfiles may be merged in sequence to produce a smaller set of files that can then be to merged into a singular fully merged tracefile and eventfile. E.g. for a 100 node trace, trace sets 1-10, 11-20, ..., 91-100 could be merged into traces 1a, 2a, ..., 10a. Then 1a-10a could be merged to create a fully merged tracefile. OPTIONS
-e eventfile_list explicitly define the eventfiles to be merged -m output_eventfile explicitly name the merged eventfile to be created - send the merged tracefile to the standard out -a adjust earliest timestamp time to zero -r do not reassemble long events -n do not block waiting for new events. By default tau_merge will block and wait for new events to be appended if a tracefile is incomplete. This command allows offline merging of (potentially) incomplete tracefiles. EXAMPLES
To merge all TAU tracefiles into app.trc and produce a merged tau.edf eventfile: tau_merge *.trc app.trc To merge all eventfiles 0-255 into ev0_255merged.edf and TAU tracefiles for nodes 0-255 into the standard out: tau_merge -e events.[0-255].edf -m ev0_255merged.edf tautrace.[0-255].*.trc - To merge eventfiles 0, 5 and seven info ev057.edf and tau tracefiles for nodes 0, 5 and 7 with context and thread 0 into app.trc: tau_merge -e events.0.edf events.5.edf events.7.edf -m ev057.edf tautrace.0.0.0.trc tautrace.5.0.0.trc tautrace.7.0.0.trc app.trc SEE ALSO
tau_convert tau2profile tau2vtf tau2elg tau2slog2 12/22/2005 TAU_MERGE(1)