Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with extract using awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with extract using awk Post 302422758 by dsravan on Wednesday 19th of May 2010 10:14:53 AM
Old 05-19-2010
This is not working. I am not getting the filename and size correctly. All my files have spaces in them and i have to get their full name along with size

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK to extract information

Hi all, I am working on a shell script to extract information from a file that has output from Oracle sqlplus. The problem is that the output of a single line is spread across multiple lines and i do not know as how to extract the particular filed at ones,which spans multiple lines.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harris2107
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract elements using Awk

Hi, I have this typical extraction problem in AWK. I have 3 input files.. i) First one is somehow like an oracle of:- foo 12,23,24 bla 11,34 car 35 ii)Second file is basically detailing the score for each of the second field of first file. Besides, for the first column, it is the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to extract text

I am currently on a project where I must extract all the data between two words. I am currently running a perl script and trying to use awk to extract specific lines of text between two words: ./myscript.pl | awk ' " An example of the output of the script: =================== WORKING LOG... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Davizzle
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how extract certain value within a line using awk

hi if would like to get the phone number as an output, can you guide me here please <A>213444555</A><B><B>ABCDEFG</B> I just want to get the phone number from the file in between <A> and </A> Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: imran721
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Data - awk

I need to extract columns but the way it should be stored in a file is different.I can simply do a cut -f3,2 filename but the problem is even if i do it so and the values in column 2 are string then col 2 would be appear before col3 I tried awk but using the substr i think its not possible to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinjo_jo
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help Using awk to Extract Data

Hi. Im new to UNIX also in programming language which in need help to output like what was I indicated using either awk shell programming or combination of some commands. Correct me if im in the wrong section. Thanks in advance. Input 101 The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog 99... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankai29
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract texts using awk

Hello, I have two files: File1: a b c d File2: b c e I need 'e' as output.... Thanks.. ---------- Post updated at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:15 PM ---------- (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shekhar2010us
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract data with awk

i have a following output file PF Release 2.4 on SERVICE at Mon Feb 6 18:41:02 2012 ---------------------------------------- ---------------- |pPF |SEP |CAPS |CALLS |OPEN | |-------------------------------------------------------------| | 0 ---... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gauravah
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract column with awk

This is a example TXT file: ID CDR1 CDR2 CDR3 1 CDR1 CDR3 2 CDR1 CDR2 CDR3 3 CDR3 What I want to do is extract the fourth column with awk, however, there are some blank space in some field. I get wrong result when it print out awk result. awk '{print $1,$4}'... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: xshang
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract lines in awk

Hi, I have one file of the following format: TBCD, 1521, 14585236, NSDFC XSDF, 1845, 14525426, SDFFF SDFC, 4524, 14523655, SDNCV ASBC, 1845, 48754251, SDFFC ASBC, 1845, 54542512, SDFFF ASBC, 1845, 34212512, NSDFC ASBC, 1845, 16890234, ASFCH MNDG, 1896, 15842642, SFTDD SDFC, 8524,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex2005
4 Replies
GIT-LS-TREE(1)							    Git Manual							    GIT-LS-TREE(1)

NAME
git-ls-tree - List the contents of a tree object SYNOPSIS
git ls-tree [-d] [-r] [-t] [-l] [-z] [--name-only] [--name-status] [--full-name] [--full-tree] [--abbrev[=<n>]] <tree-ish> [<path>...] DESCRIPTION
Lists the contents of a given tree object, like what "/bin/ls -a" does in the current working directory. Note that: o the behaviour is slightly different from that of "/bin/ls" in that the <path> denotes just a list of patterns to match, e.g. so specifying directory name (without -r) will behave differently, and order of the arguments does not matter. o the behaviour is similar to that of "/bin/ls" in that the <path> is taken as relative to the current working directory. E.g. when you are in a directory sub that has a directory dir, you can run git ls-tree -r HEAD dir to list the contents of the tree (that is sub/dir in HEAD). You don't want to give a tree that is not at the root level (e.g. git ls-tree -r HEAD:sub dir) in this case, as that would result in asking for sub/sub/dir in the HEAD commit. However, the current working directory can be ignored by passing --full-tree option. OPTIONS
<tree-ish> Id of a tree-ish. -d Show only the named tree entry itself, not its children. -r Recurse into sub-trees. -t Show tree entries even when going to recurse them. Has no effect if -r was not passed. -d implies -t. -l, --long Show object size of blob (file) entries. -z line termination on output and do not quote filenames. See OUTPUT FORMAT below for more information. --name-only, --name-status List only filenames (instead of the "long" output), one per line. --abbrev[=<n>] Instead of showing the full 40-byte hexadecimal object lines, show only a partial prefix. Non default number of digits can be specified with --abbrev=<n>. --full-name Instead of showing the path names relative to the current working directory, show the full path names. --full-tree Do not limit the listing to the current working directory. Implies --full-name. [<path>...] When paths are given, show them (note that this isn't really raw pathnames, but rather a list of patterns to match). Otherwise implicitly uses the root level of the tree as the sole path argument. OUTPUT FORMAT
<mode> SP <type> SP <object> TAB <file> This output format is compatible with what --index-info --stdin of git update-index expects. When the -l option is used, format changes to <mode> SP <type> SP <object> SP <object size> TAB <file> Object size identified by <object> is given in bytes, and right-justified with minimum width of 7 characters. Object size is given only for blobs (file) entries; for other entries - character is used in place of size. Without the -z option, pathnames with "unusual" characters are quoted as explained for the configuration variable core.quotePath (see git- config(1)). Using -z the filename is output verbatim and the line is terminated by a NUL byte. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 2.17.1 10/05/2018 GIT-LS-TREE(1)