Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace file content after checking value Post 302422753 by varunrbs on Wednesday 19th of May 2010 10:06:44 AM
Old 05-19-2010
Replace file content after checking value

Our system is receiving one feed from the third party.

One of the field in the flat file is ID which id from position 19 to 27. In some cases this ID is coming as 9 zeros (000000000) or 1 right padded zero. ( 0)

For these specific records I want to replace fthis field with blank spaces. ( 9 blank spaces) . The simple replace is simple but I am not able to figure out that how will I compare the field first and then replace.

Check the field and if it is as 9 zeros (000000000) or 1 right padded zero.
( 0) then replace with 9 blanks.

Kindly note that for most of the cases the field is having the correct value , only few hundreds records have this problem in the file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace a string with content from another file

Hi, I'm a newbi in shell script. Here what I want to do: FileA: bor bor bor xxxx bib bib bi FileB: something something something I want to replace string "xxxx" in FileA with contents of FileB. i tried with sed: fileb=`cat FileB` reg=xxxx file=FileA (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: afatguy
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED to replace file content

Hi, I want to replace _F* by _F in a xml file. what is the sed command. I have tried sed "s/_F$/_F/g" or sed "s/_F*/_F/g" , but it does not work. thx file content <TAG>KC_FOU</TAG> <TAG>KC_FABC</TAG> <TAG>KC_FABCDG</TAG> desire output <TAG>KC_F</TAG> <TAG>KC_F</TAG> <TAG>KC_F</TAG> (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: godfreyyip
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace some content of a file and write with a new name

Hi I have a control file which looks like this LOAD DATA INFILE '/home/scott/XXX.dat' PRESERVE BLANKS ............. ............. how can i change the content of this file and replace the file in the second line with anothe file name and write it back with another name to the disk? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mwrg
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string by file content

hi I have template file my.tpl: bla-bla-bla <link href="style.css" type="text/css"> bla-bla-bla and style.css : body{margin: 0px;} I want to get in result one file: bla-bla-bla <script>body{margin: 0px;}</script> bla-bla-bla I tryed to used SED: sed '/<link .*href=\"(*)*\"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dim_nsk
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to replace particular content in a xml file

Hi, My requirement is to find a text and replace it with another in a XML file. I am new to Unix,Please provide some suggestion to achieve. Find: <Style ss:ID="ColumnHeader1"> Replace with: <Style ss:ID="ColumnHeader1"> <Borders> <Border ss:Position="Bottom"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnraja
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace the content of file with incremented value

I have a file myfile with only one value 1000.I am using it in a shell script.Each time i run the script,the file shud get incremented by 1. I have used the below code for incrementing the value- curr=`cat myfile` echo $curr curr=`expr $curr + 1` But i am not sure how to save this replaced... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saga20
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: replace content from file with the content from file

Hi, I am having trouble while using 'sed' with reading files. Please help. I have 3 files. File A, file B and file C. I want to find content of file B in file A and replace it by content in file C. Thanks a lot!! Here is a sample of my question. e.g. (file A: a.txt; file B: b.txt; file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dirkaulo
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace multiple file content?

Hi Gurus, I need replace multiple files content. the file name pattern likes currentfile_code_* the content pattern in the file like text=value I need replace the content as text=abcde Thanks in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace file name with Space as content

Hi, I am having a files in my directory like this: 2014 1049_file1.txt 2014 1050_file2.txt 2014 1110_file3.txt 2014 1145_file4.txt 2014 2049_file5.txt I need to replace the above file names like this without changing the content of filename: file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace content from a file and save

Hi, Right now there is a file called 'qm.ini' which is owned by mqm:mqm and I am trying to replace a line from this file with something else and save. I am using the below perl command to replace and save within a shell script with a different user called 'mqadm' which is also part of mqm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bdpl
1 Replies
Time::Clock(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  Time::Clock(3pm)

NAME
Time::Clock - Twenty-four hour clock object with nanosecond precision. SYNOPSIS
$t = Time::Clock->new(hour => 12, minute => 34, second => 56); print $t->as_string; # 12:34:56 $t->parse('8pm'); print "$t"; # 20:00:00 print $t->format('%I:%M %p'); # 08:00 PM $t->add(minutes => 15, nanoseconds => 123000000); print $t->as_string; # 20:15:00.123 $t->subtract(hours => 30); print $t->as_string; # 14:15:00.123 ... DESCRIPTION
A Time::Clock object is a twenty-four hour clock with nanosecond precision and wrap-around. It is a clock only; it has absolutely no concept of dates. Vagaries of date/time such as leap seconds and daylight savings time are unsupported. When a Time::Clock object hits 23:59:59.999999999 and at least one more nanosecond is added, it will wrap around to 00:00:00.000000000. This works in reverse when time is subtracted. Time::Clock objects automatically stringify to a user-definable format. CLASS METHODS
default_format FORMAT Set the default format used by the as_string method for all objects of this class. Defaults to "%H:%M:%S%n". See the documentation for the format method for a complete list of format specifiers. Note that this method may also be called as an object method, in which case it sets the default format for the individual object only. CONSTRUCTOR
new PARAMS Constructs a new Time::Clock object based on PARAMS, where PARAMS are name/value pairs. Any object method is a valid parameter name. Example: $t = Time::Clock->new(hour => 12, minute => 34, second => 56); If a single argument is passed to new, it is equivalent to calling the parse method. That is, this: $t = Time::Clock->new('12:34:56'); is equivalent to this: $t = Time::Clock->new; $t->parse('12:34:56'); Returns the newly constructed Time::Clock object. OBJECT METHODS
add PARAMS Add the time specified by PARAMS to the clock. Valid PARAMS are: "hours INT" An integer number of hours. "minutes INT" An integer number of minutes. "seconds INT" An integer number of seconds. "nanoseconds INT" An integer number of nanoseconds. If the amount of time added is large enough, the clock will wrap around from 23:59:59.999999999 to 00:00:00.000000000 as needed. ampm AM/PM Get or set the AM/PM attribute of the clock. Valid values of AM/PM must contain the letters "AM" or "PM" (case-insensitive), optionally followed by periods. A clock whose hour is greater than 12 cannot be set to AM. Any attempt to do so will cause a fatal error. Setting a clock whose hour is less than 12 to PM will cause its hour to be increased by 12. Example: $t = Time::Clock->new('8:00'); print $t->as_string; # 08:00:00 $t->ampm('PM'); print $t->as_string; # 20:00:00 Return the string "AM" if the hour is less than 12, "PM" otherwise. as_integer_seconds Returns the integer number of seconds since 00:00:00. as_string Returns a string representation of the clock, formatted according to the clock object's default_format. default_format FORMAT Set the default format used by the as_string method for this object. Defaults to "%H:%M:%S%n". See the documentation for the format method for a complete list of format specifiers. Note that this method may also be called as a class method, in which case it sets the default format all objects of this class. format FORMAT Returns the clock value formatted according to the FORMAT string containing "%"-prefixed format specifiers. Valid format specifiers are: %H The hour as a two-digit, zero-padded integer using a 24-hour clock (range 00 to 23). %I The hour as a two-digit, zero-padded integer using a 12-hour clock (range 01 to 12). %i The hour as an integer using a 12-hour clock (range 1 to 12). %k The hour as an integer using a 24-hour clock (range 0 to 23). %M The minute as a two-digit, zero-padded integer (range 00 to 59). %n If the clock has a non-zero nanosecond value, then this format produces a decimal point followed by the fractional seconds up to and including the last non-zero digit. If no nanosecond value is defined, or if it is zero, then this format produces an empty string. Examples: $t = Time::Clock->new('12:34:56'); print $t->format('%H:%M:%S%n'); # 12:34:56 $t->nanosecond(0); print $t->format('%H:%M:%S%n'); # 12:34:56 $t->nanosecond(123000000); print $t->format('%H:%M:%S%n'); # 12:34:56.123 "%[1-9]n" If the clock has a defined nanosecond value, then this format produces a decimal point followed by the specified number of digits of fractional seconds (1-9). Examples: $t = Time::Clock->new('12:34:56'); print $t->format('%H:%M:%S%4n'); # 12:34:56 $t->nanosecond(0); print $t->format('%H:%M:%S%4n'); # 12:34:56.0000 $t->nanosecond(123000000); print $t->format('%H:%M:%S%4n'); # 12:34:56.1230 %N Nanoseconds as a nine-digit, zero-padded integer (range 000000000 to 999999999) "%[1-9]N" Fractional seconds as a one- to nine-digit, zero-padded integer. Examples: $t = Time::Clock->new('12:34:56'); print $t->format('%H:%M:%S.%4N'); # 12:34:56.0000 $t->nanosecond(123000000); print $t->format('%H:%M:%S.%6N'); # 12:34:56.123000 $t->nanosecond(123000000); print $t->format('%H:%M:%S.%2N'); # 12:34:56.12 %p Either "AM" or "PM" according to the value return by the ampm method. %P Like %p but lowercase: "am" or "pm" %S The second as a two-digit, zero-padded integer (range 00 to 61). %s The integer number of seconds since 00:00:00. %T The time in 24-hour notation (%H:%M:%S). "%%" A literal "%" character. hour INT Get or set the hour of the clock. INT must be an integer from 0 to 23. minute INT Get or set the minute of the clock. INT must be an integer from 0 to 59. nanosecond INT Get or set the nanosecond of the clock. INT must be an integer from 0 to 999999999. parse STRING Set the clock time by parsing STRING. Valid string values contain an hour with optional minutes, seconds, fractional seconds, and AM/PM string. There should be a colon (":") between hours, minutes, and seconds, and a decimal point (".") between the seconds and fractional seconds. Fractional seconds may contain up to 9 digits. The AM/PM string is case-insensitive and may have periods after each letter. The string "now" will initialize the clock object with the current (local) time. If the Time::HiRes module is installed, this time will have fractional seconds. A time value with an hour of 24 and zero minutes, seconds, and nanoseconds is also accepted by this method. Here are some examples of valid time strings: 12:34:56.123456789 12:34:56.123 PM 24:00 8:30pm 6 A.m. now second INT Get or set the second of the clock. INT must be an integer from 0 to 59. subtract PARAMS Subtract the time specified by PARAMS from the clock. Valid PARAMS are: "hours INT" An integer number of hours. "minutes INT" An integer number of minutes. "seconds INT" An integer number of seconds. "nanoseconds INT" An integer number of nanoseconds. If the amount of time subtracted is large enough, the clock will wrap around from 00:00:00.000000000 to 23:59:59.999999999 as needed. AUTHOR
John C. Siracusa (siracusa@gmail.com) LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2010 by John C. Siracusa. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2010-06-04 Time::Clock(3pm)