Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: time from 2 files to compare
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting time from 2 files to compare Post 302422730 by manoj.b on Wednesday 19th of May 2010 08:43:19 AM
Old 05-19-2010
Data time from 2 files to compare

In first file say first.txt, i have a content say 14:56. In second file, say second.txt i have content say 16:01.... I want to compare if these two times in these 2 files are having a difference of 15 minutes...Can any one please help?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compare files acess time

I need to compare x file with y file. If x file is newer than y file do xxxx; (I used touch -t yymmddxxx to chnage the time for y file) How can i do that? I tried use if then echo "Xxx";; fi But cant....any other good ways to do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AkumaTay
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compare update time of files

Hi, does anyone know of a way to compare files update time (not only days - also hours and minutes) (command? scripts? perl scripts?) Dori (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorilevy
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare file time

i need to write script where I need to keep monitoring a files timestamp, if it changes, I need to run another abc.sh script. I am thinking I can save file's current timestamp in another file or enviornment variable and after 10 min compare the files timestamp with the original timestamp. If... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdr302
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to get 4 Hrs back time and compare with successive time

Hi all, I am working on a script in which i need to get 4 hrs back time from the current time which i got from this perl function : `perl -e 'print localtime(time() - 14400) . "\n"'` now i need to get this in a loop and increment that time by 15 minutes i.e i=900(=15minutes) `perl... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maanik85
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can we compare time ...

Hi ... Is there a possibility that timings from two files be compared?? If i have a set of files in a folder and i want to get the files only upto a particular time. eg: If i have the files staff 2388 Oct 3 04:33 x.ksh staff 3628 Oct 3 06:57 1.ksh staff 32383... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sparks
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare Last Modified Time across Time Zone

Hi, I'm new to shell script programming, I only have Java programming background. I'm writing a shell script to do file synchronization between 2 machines that located at different time zone area. Both machine were set its time zone according to its geographical location (Eg: server is at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: python
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare two String Time

I am trying to compare two string time to figure out the difference. I need to find out the start date of a process is running for over certain minutes. so far I was able to get the process start time and system time. Now I need to figure out the difference between two time in minutes. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akabir77
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Require compare command to compare 4 files

I have four files, I need to compare these files together. As such i know "sdiff and comm" commands but these commands compare 2 files together. If I use sdiff command then i have to compare each file with other which will increase the codes. Please suggest if you know some commands whcih can... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehashine
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files, 2 lines at a time

Hi Guys, I want to find any differences between packages installed on 2 servers/zones. I have 2 files that contain the output from pkginfo -x . I want to know if any packages exist only in one file and I want to also know about any packages that exist in both but with a different version. ie:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tornado
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare date and time inside data of two files

i have two files with identical no of columns. 6th columns is date (MM/DD/YY format) and 7th columns is time (HH:MM:SS) format. I need to compare these two vaules and if the date & time is higher than fileA, save it on fileC; if the value is lower, then save it on fileD CONDITIONS... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajiwww
7 Replies
X2SYS_MERGE(1gmt)					       Generic Mapping Tools						 X2SYS_MERGE(1gmt)

NAME
x2sys_merge - Merge an updated COEs tables SYNOPSIS
x2sys_merge -Amain_COElist.d -Mnew_COElist.d DESCRIPTION
x2sys_merge will read two crossovers data base and output the contents of the main one updated with the COEs in the second one. The second file should only contain updated COEs relatively to the first one. That is, it MUST NOT contain any new two tracks intersections (This point is NOT checked in the code). This program is useful when, for any good reason like file editing NAV correction or whatever, one had to recompute only the COEs between the edited files and the rest of the database. -A Specify the file main_COElist.d with the main crossover error data base. -M Specify the file new_COElist.d with the newly computed crossover error data base. OPTIONS
No space between the option flag and the associated arguments. EXAMPLES To update the main COE_data.txt with the new COEs estimations saved in the smaller COE_fresh.txt, try x2sys_merge -ACOE_data.txt -MCOE_fresh.txt > COE_updated.txt SEE ALSO
x2sys_binlist(1), x2sys_cross(1), x2sys_datalist(1), x2sys_get(1), x2sys_init(1), x2sys_list(1), x2sys_put(1), x2sys_report(1) GMT 4.5.7 15 Jul 2011 X2SYS_MERGE(1gmt)