Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Fedora How can change the name of the system Post 302422716 by pludi on Wednesday 19th of May 2010 07:51:06 AM
Old 05-19-2010
Scan your own system using nmap, and you'll see that it can't reliably deduce the distribution used, only guess at the kernel version used. Any other information is probably part of the banner message sent by services like Apache or the FTP server, and it's usually possible to disable that.

But the distribution itself isn't relevant in any attack anyways, but rather the version of the software used.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File system size change

Good morning folks! I'm new here.. trying to find an answer on how to resize filesystem. Need to add some space to c0t0d0s5, /var... Is it possible at all? JV (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvinn
9 Replies

2. AIX

change the name of a file system

hello Can I change the name of a file system ? or i can only change the mount point name with smit ? thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
0 Replies

3. AIX

Change System Date

Hi, anybody know how to change the system date which the year is greater than 2037? is it posibble been done under aix machine?? thanks :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ricole
1 Replies

4. Solaris

How to change IP on Sun Cluster system?

How to change IP on Sun Cluster system? I have a system based on SunCluster, now I want to change public IP (connect to LAN). I need your support. Thanks so much. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: imyourfriend
2 Replies

5. Solaris

change system date in solaris

dears any one know how to change system date in solaris (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: murad.jaber
10 Replies

6. Solaris

How to change the system prompt and BG of terminal?

Hi all, I was wondering how to change the PS1 to my liking? I tried changing it using PS1='my choice' it worked but the subsequent terminals i open will not have it as the default PS1 ,how do i change it? also i am running as super user, and i need to exec bash, to get the bash environment...... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change of System Date format

I have this T5220 server with Solaris 10 installed on to it. Now when I fire the command "date" the o/p I get is as follows : bash-3.00# date Tuesday, February 9, 2010 7:25:24 PM IST whereas I want the date to appear in this format: bash-3.00# date Tue Feb 9 19:26:06 IST 2010 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksahay@123
3 Replies

8. Solaris

System date sudden change

Hi there, We have a Solaris 10 machine which has been up and running for more than 400 days. A strange behaviour happened. The system date defaulted to epoch timestamp. Oracle stopped and application failed causing management to parade. We managed to reset the date. All other servers and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundar63
8 Replies

9. AIX

System email address change?

With a recent move to a new data center, the domain for our system emails have changed. We used automated emails with our daily process for informational and report sending. I edited the /etc/mail/sendmail.cf file where it had an entry pointing to the old mail server so I change this to our new... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
3 Replies

10. SCO

cannot change system files using installation CD

hi I'd like to change some system files on my SCO 5.0.6 for example: /var/opt/K/SCO/Unix/5.0.6Ga/etc/default/boot using 'tools' at the Boot: prompt from OpenServer Release 5.0.7 installation CD. I try to mount using this command: # mount /dev/hd0root /mnt and try to change it using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
3 Replies
Session::Flex(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  Session::Flex(3)

NAME
Apache::Session::Flex - Specify everything at runtime SYNOPSIS
use Apache::Session::Flex; tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Flex', $id, { Store => 'DB_File', Lock => 'Null', Generate => 'MD5', Serialize => 'Storable' }; # or tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Flex', $id, { Store => 'Postgres', Lock => 'Null', Generate => 'MD5', Serialize => 'Base64' }; # you decide! DESCRIPTION
This module is an implementation of Apache::Session. Unlike other implementations, it allows you to specify the backing store, locking scheme, ID generator, and data serializer at runtime. You do this by passing arguments in the usual Apache::Session style (see SYNOPSIS). You may use any of the modules included in this distribution, or a module of your own making. If you wish to use a module of your own making, you should make sure that it is available under the Apache::Session package namespace. USAGE
You pass the modules you want to use as arguments to the constructor. The Apache::Session::Whatever part is appended for you: you should not supply it. For example, if you wanted to use MySQL as the backing store, you should give the argument "Store =" 'MySQL'>, and not "Store =" 'Apache::Session::Store::MySQL'>. There are four modules that you need to specify. Store is the backing store to use. Lock is the locking scheme. Generate is the ID generation module. Serialize is the data serialization module. There are many modules included in this distribution. For each role, they are: Store: MySQL Postgres DB_File File Lock: Null MySQL Semaphore Generate: MD5 Serialize: Storable Base64 UUEncode In addition to the arguments needed by this module, you must provide whatever arguments are expected by the backing store and lock manager that you are using. Please see the documentation for those modules. AUTHOR
This module was written by Jeffrey William Baker <jwbaker@acm.org>. SEE ALSO
Apache::Session::File, Apache::Session::DB_File, Apache::Session::MySQL, Apache::Session::Postgres, Apache::Session perl v5.12.1 2007-09-28 Session::Flex(3)