Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming undefined reference to pthread_create Post 302422708 by Franklin52 on Wednesday 19th of May 2010 07:32:26 AM
Old 05-19-2010
Have you compiled the code with the -lpthread option?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Undefined reference to Error

Hello, plz help me out with this error, i am getting this error when i compile my code with gcc. /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.3.2/../../../crt1.o(.text+0x18): In function `_start': : undefined reference to `main' /tmp/cciLxqdV.o(.text+0x3c): In function `HandleUserTransaction()':... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svh
2 Replies

2. Programming

about undefined reference for 'sinf'

I m writting code in c using another library(parapin) and making Makefile .but there is a error like undefined reference to `sinf' undefined reference to `ceilf' although i have added math.h library in my code . I tried to run simple programme using math.h and it run.but in making Makefile it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharat suthar
2 Replies

3. Programming

undefined reference to `pthread_create'

Hi I wanted to learn communication between threads and I used a simple example but I faced with this error while I have a sofware that uses this functions without any problem so would you please help me to know the reason thanks for your help and great favor. #include <pthread.h>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: netman
2 Replies

4. Programming

undefined reference to `__ctype_b'

when i compile my program, i meet the following error: ... undefined reference to `__ctype_b' ... anybody knows which shared library should be linked during make? thanks a lot! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: princelinux
6 Replies

5. Programming

undefined reference to 'function'

Hi, i want to compile a code where fortran calls c . First I compiled C module ,it has pass by gcc. However, after generating .o file. I compiled C and fortran files together by intel fortran and it failed " undefined reference to 'vicerror'". vicerror is a function. I do not know why. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: austinhsu
1 Replies

6. Programming

undefined reference to `pthread_create'

Hi guys. H was learning posix threads in C with anjuta IDE. it gives me undefined reference to `pthread_create' I know i should compile it like: gcc -lpthread main.c how should i import this configuration in anjuta so i can compile inside it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
2 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

undefined reference help

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: i know when undefined reference shows up the program is saying it is not link to that function but the problem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mgyeah
1 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

undefined reference help

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: The problem is a function which i typed although it kept saying that it is a undefined reference still. other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mgyeah
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Undefined reference - so I have to edit the Makefile?

.......... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: larry burns
1 Replies
pthread.h(3HEAD)                                                      Headers                                                     pthread.h(3HEAD)

NAME
pthread.h, pthread - threads SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> DESCRIPTION
The <pthread.h> header defines the following symbols: PTHREAD_BARRIER_SERIAL_THREAD PTHREAD_CANCEL_ASYNCHRONOUS PTHREAD_CANCEL_ENABLE PTHREAD_CANCEL_DEFERRED PTHREAD_CANCEL_DISABLE PTHREAD_CANCELED PTHREAD_COND_INITIALIZER PTHREAD_CREATE_DETACHED PTHREAD_CREATE_JOINABLE PTHREAD_EXPLICIT_SCHED PTHREAD_INHERIT_SCHED PTHREAD_MUTEX_DEFAULT PTHREAD_MUTEX_ERRORCHECK PTHREAD_MUTEX_INITIALIZER PTHREAD_MUTEX_NORMAL PTHREAD_MUTEX_RECURSIVE PTHREAD_ONCE_INIT PTHREAD_PRIO_INHERIT PTHREAD_PRIO_NONE PTHREAD_PRIO_PROTECT PTHREAD_PROCESS_SHARED PTHREAD_PROCESS_PRIVATE PTHREAD_SCOPE_PROCESS PTHREAD_SCOPE_SYSTEM The types listed below are defined as described in <sys/types.h>. See types.h(3HEAD). pthread_attr_t pthread_barrier_t pthread_barrierattr_t pthread_cond_t pthread_condattr_t pthread_key_t pthread_mutex_t pthread_mutexattr_t pthread_once_t pthread_rwlock_t pthread_rwlockattr_t pthread_spinlock_t pthread_t ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sched.h(3HEAD), time.h(3HEAD), types.h(3HEAD), pthread_attr_getguardsize(3C), pthread_attr_init(3C), pthread_attr_setscope(3C), pthread_cancel(3C), pthread_cleanup_pop(3C), pthread_cond_init(3C), pthread_cond_signal(3C), pthread_cond_wait(3C), pthread_con- dattr_init(3C), pthread_create(3C), pthread_detach(3C), pthread_equal(3C), pthread_exit(3C), pthread_getconcurrency(3C), pthread_getsched- param(3C), pthread_join(3C), pthread_key_create(3C), pthread_key_delete(3C), pthread_mutex_init(3C), pthread_mutex_lock(3C), pthread_mutex_setprioceiling(3C), pthread_mutexattr_init(3C), pthread_mutexattr_init(3C), pthread_mutexattr_init(3C), pthread_mutex- attr_gettype(3C), pthread_mutexattr_getprotocol(3C), pthread_once(3C), pthread_rwlock_init(3C), pthread_rwlock_rdlock(3C), pthread_rwlock_unlock(3C), pthread_rwlock_wrlock(3C), pthread_rwlockattr_getpshared(3C), pthread_rwlockattr_init(3C), pthread_self(3C), pthread_setcancelstate(3C), pthread_setspecific(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 pthread.h(3HEAD)