Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Sendmail with attachment command line ? Post 302422603 by Ygor on Wednesday 19th of May 2010 01:13:18 AM
Old 05-19-2010
Try looking at some of the threads in the section at the bottom of this page: "More UNIX and Linux Forum Topics You Might Find Helpful".

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

create email w/ ASCII attachment via command-line

All, I need to email an ASCII data file to a business partner, and intended on creating a Korn Shell script to create an email message (minimal text), and attach the ASCII data file to the email. It seems this is not as easy as I had thought it might be. sendmail does not support... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwperry
3 Replies

2. Solaris

attachment using sendmail

Hi, I use the sendmail command to send automatic e-mail in my control programs, but I'd like to know if there's a non interactive way to send an attachment, like a small text file through sendmail command. I didn't find a way in the man, so anyone has already done it?.. give an example for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vastare
4 Replies

3. AIX

Command line/Script to send E-mail with HTML body and binary attachment

I apoligize for the cross-post but I'm not getting much in the way of help in the dummies forum: I'm trying to script sending an e-mail message on an AIX 5.x server with the following requirements: 1. command line switch to specify file name containing message body in HTML format 2. command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: G-Man
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command line problems with sendmail

I cannot get this shell script to work. The path to sendmail is correct... #!/bin/bash echo -e "Subject: email subject\n\nemailbody" | /usr/sbin/sendmail -F fromemail@somedomain.com -t recipientemail@somedomain.com (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: limmer
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send attachment using "sendmail" command or without uuencode command

Hi Guys, I dont have uuencode, mutt, base64 command available on my aix machine there is any alternative way to send file as attachement in mail. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ns64110
3 Replies

6. AIX

How to send attachment using "sendmail" command or without uuencode command

Hi Guys, I dont have uuencode, mutt, base64 command available on my aix machine there is any alternative way to send file as attachement in mail. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ns64110
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending mail in UNIX with body and attachment(.txt) using sendmail command

Hi All, In my .ksh script, I am sending an email with body and attachment (.txt) using sendmail command. I am able to receive the attachement along with the body of the mail. But I am getting special characters along with the content in the .txt. Also the alignment is incorrect. Can you please... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: KRR
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending attachment using sendmail command

Send_Mail() { C_Date=`date +"%m/%d/%Y"` #Subject="MMDB Load Job Status" for i in `cat $Metafile` do if then email_address=`echo $i | cut -d":" -f2` /usr/lib/sendmail "$email_address" < $Email_File fi done } this is the send mail command i am using .please let me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alok K Yadav
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail with attachment

Hello people, I only have sendmail and uuencode on a Oracle (RH) linux server. While: /usr/bin/uuencode awr.html awr.html | /usr/sbin/sendmail myemail@company.com Is working fine, the ideal for me is to do something like: echo "To: me@company.com" > /home/vasilis/msg.txt echo "Subject: DB... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with attachment in sendmail

Hi Folks I have below code, which is able to successfully send the content of the output file as html which is body, but i did tried uuencode & mailx -a for sending attachments but to no avail. cat - ${Output_File} <<EOF| /usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -t #From: ${MAILFROM} To: ${MAILTO} Subject:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
5 Replies
EXIT_GROUP(2)                                                Linux Programmer's Manual                                               EXIT_GROUP(2)

NAME
exit_group - exit all threads in a process SYNOPSIS
#include <linux/unistd.h> void exit_group(int status); DESCRIPTION
This system call is equivalent to _exit(2) except that it terminates not only the calling thread, but all threads in the calling process's thread group. RETURN VALUE
This system call does not return. VERSIONS
This call is present since Linux 2.5.35. CONFORMING TO
This call is Linux-specific. NOTES
Since glibc 2.3, this is the system call invoked when the _exit(2) wrapper function is called. SEE ALSO
exit(2) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2008-11-27 EXIT_GROUP(2)