Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting automatically restart scripts Post 302422524 by jsmitha2009 on Tuesday 18th of May 2010 04:10:34 PM
Old 05-18-2010
automatically restart scripts

I am new to AIX shell scripting, please help......

I want to write a automatically restart script for one of my application. For example, the application name: ABC (you can see its ID from ps -ef | grep ABC). It can be started by ABC.sh file but it has to be stopped by using "ps -ef | grep ABC" and "kill" it.

Now I want to automatically restart ABC every 1 hour. AIX version 5.2. K shell.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks a lot~~~

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run three scripts one after another automatically???

Hi !! How do u run three scripts one after another automatically using crontab command at some specified regular interval. Say i have three scripts A,B,C and i want to run the three scripts A followed by B followed by C. REQUIRE HELP URGENTLY Thanks in advance Arunava . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunava_maity
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripts for calculating size and remaining space of a directory automatically.

I would like to create a script for calculating size and remaining space of a directory automatically every 24 hours, then send an email to report to the admin. * POSIX and PERL are preferred. Can anyone help, please? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leonall
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running shell scripts automatically without using Batch or at commands

I have been trying to run a unix script which contains many sql statements.I need to run this script every monday morning. I tried to run on command prompt, it works fine. But while I run it via batch or at command., it returns with library module could not be loaded (libcompat.1.o could not be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritzwan0
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help to write script to check the process health and automatically restart it

I am working on a project, which need to constantly watch the process, and check its status, if it was dead, it should be restart automatically. Please kindly refer me to URL which teach how to write this kind of script, or service. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dragondad
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I make a program start up automatically after the computer restart/startup?

hi all How can I make a program start up automatically after the computer restart/startup in fedora? something like: ... Establish a shell then run some of command code. Thanks for Help!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: munna_dude
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automatically Running Scripts

Can someone advise me how to get started automatically running scripts? I believe it has something to do with cron? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffreydavisjr
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the Bash Scripts to Bourne Scripts:URGENT

Hi, I have to write a program to compute the checksums of files ./script.sh I wrote the program using bash and it took me forever since I am a beginner but it works very well. I'm getting so close to the deadline and I realised today that actually I have to use normal Bourne shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgarg1989
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - How to call different scripts from master scripts based on a column in an Oracle table

Dear Members, I have a table REQUESTS in Oracle which has an attribute REQUEST_ACTION. The entries in REQUEST_ACTION are like, ME, MD, ND, NE etc. I would like to create a script which will will call other scripts based on the request action. Can we directly read from the REQUEST_ACTION... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

Unix server restart automatically

We have HP K class unix server, It's automatically restart the server. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesh24pal
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatically determining directory path for scripts and programs

I have some C++ code in the following directory structure /home/chrisd/tatsh/trunk/hstmy/ ├── baseLib ├── bin │ ├── awk │ ├── bash │ ├── diag │ ├── ksh │ │ └── TAG201011 │ ├── old │ ├── perl │ ├── prog │ ├── py │ └── tcsh ├── docs ├── fortran ├── others... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies
FS_LSMOUNT(1)						       AFS Command Reference						     FS_LSMOUNT(1)

NAME
fs_lsmount - Reports the volume for which a directory is the mount point. SYNOPSIS
fs lsmount -dir <directory>+ [-help] fs ls -d <directory>+ [-h] DESCRIPTION
The fs lsmount command reports the volume for which each specified directory is a mount point, or indicates with an error message that a directory is not a mount point or is not in AFS. To create a mount point, use the fs mkmount command. To remove one, use the fs rmmount command. OPTIONS
-dir <directory>+ Names the directory that serves as a mount point for a volume. The last element in the pathname provided must be an actual name, not a shorthand notation such as one or two periods ("." or ".."). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
If the specified directory is a mount point, the output is of the following form: '<directory>' is a mount point for volume '<volume name>' where o A number sign ("#") precedes the <volume name> string for a regular mount point. o A percent sign ("%") precedes the <volume name> string for a read/write mount point. o A cell name and colon (":") follow the number or percent sign and precede the <volume name> string for a cellular mount point. The fs mkmount reference page explains how the Cache Manager interprets each of the three types of mount points. If the directory is a symbolic link to a mount point, the output is of the form: '<directory>' is a symbolic link, leading to a mount point for volume '<volume name>' If the directory is not a mount point or is not in AFS, the output reads: '<directory>' is not a mount point. If the output is garbled, it is possible that the mount point has become corrupted in the local AFS client cache. Use the fs flushmount command to discard it, which forces the Cache Manager to refetch the mount point. EXAMPLES
The following example shows the mount point for the home directory of user "smith": % fs lsmount /afs/abc.com/usr/smith '/afs/abc.com/usr/smith' is a mount point for volume '#user.smith' The following example shows both the regular and read/write mount points for the ABC Corporation cell's "root.cell" volume. % fs lsmount /afs/abc.com '/afs/abc.com' is a mount point for volume '#root.cell' % fs lsmount /afs/.abc.com '/afs/.abc.com' is a mount point for volume '%root.cell' The following example shows a cellular mount point: the State University cell's "root.cell" volume as mounted in the ABC Corporation cell's tree. % fs lsmount /afs/stateu.edu '/afs/stateu.edu' is a mount point for volume '#stateu.edu:root.cell' PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must have the "l" (lookup) permission on the ACL of the root directory of the volume that houses the file or directory named by the -dir argument, and on the ACL of each directory that precedes it in the pathname. SEE ALSO
fs_flushmount(1), fs_mkmount(1), fs_rmmount(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FS_LSMOUNT(1)