Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Gathering data from complex/large dataspreads .txt format Post 302422505 by p43hd on Tuesday 18th of May 2010 03:09:20 PM
Old 05-18-2010
The .txt file is too large and I havn't been able to open the file without freezing. Weirdly, it shows the full text in the preview window in explorer.

I also don't know how to use code tags properly for this situation.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data gathering script

I am pretty new at shell scripting, but I managed to make a primative shell script to connect from my webserver (bluehost) to an external data server via ftp or sftp or whatever I need. This script is : #!/bin/sh HOST='ftp.host.com' USER='username' PASSWD='password' FILE='file' ftp -n... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mesoeast
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK CSV to TXT format, TXT file not in a correct column format

HI guys, I have created a script to read 1 column in a csv file and then place it in text file. However, when i checked out the text file, it is not in a column format... Example: CSV file contains name,age aa,11 bb,22 cc,33 After using awk to get first column TXT file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mdap
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Gathering data using SAR

Hi everyone, I would like to ask if it is possible to gather SAR data on a specified time. let say yesterdays report, i want to get data at around 12PM and 5PM. thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cwiggler
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

What is the best tools for performance data gathering and analysis?

Dear Guru, IHAC who complaint that his CentOS is getting performance issue. I have to help him out of there. Could you please tell me which tools is better to gathering the whole system performance data? -- CPU/Memory/IO(disk & Network)/swap I would like the tools could be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: devyfong
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Use Regex to identify / format a complex string

First of all, please have mercy on me. I am not a noob to programming, but I am about as noob as you can get with regex. That being said, I have a problem. I've got a string that looks something like this: Publication - Bob M. Jones, Tony X. Stark, and Fred D. Man, \"Really Awesome Article... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: egill
1 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Ssmtp -t < /path/to/the/message.txt (How to format message.txt for html email)

ssmtp has been running well under Kubuntu 12.04.1 for plain text messages. I would like to send html messages with ssmtp -t < /path/to/the/message.txt, but I cannot seem to get the message.txt file properly formatted. I have tried various charsets, Content-Transfer-Encoding, rearranging the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ronald B
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to format one txt file to required format

Hello Everyone, I have one source file which is genarated by SAP in different format(Which I've never seen). I need to convert that file to required format and I need to read this target file from Datastage to use this in my Jobs. So I do not have any other options except to use Unix script to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prathyu
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gathering data in columns from multiple files

Hello world! I need to gather all the data from different folders and copy it in an one unique text file in columns format. Let me explain, letīs say "a, b, c" are 3 data files of thousands and thousands lines (in the reality, I have nearly one hundred). "a, b, c" are located in the folders... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: user10600
5 Replies
GENCFU(1)							 ICU 50.1.2 Manual							 GENCFU(1)

NAME
gencfu - Generates Unicode Confusable data files SYNOPSIS
gencfu [ -h, -?, --help ] [ -V, --version ] [ -c, --copyright ] [ -v, --verbose ] [ -d, --destdir destination ] [ -i, --icudatadir direc- tory ] -r, --rules rule-file -w, --wsrules whole-script-rule-file -o, --out output-file DESCRIPTION
gencfu reads confusable character definitions in the input file, which are plain text files containing confusable character definitions in the input format defined by Unicode UAX39 for the files confusables.txt and confusablesWholeScript.txt. This source (.txt) format is also accepted by ICU spoof detectors. The files must be encoded in utf-8 format, with or without a BOM. Normally the output data file has the .cfu extension. OPTIONS
-h, -?, --help Print help about usage and exit. -V, --version Print the version of gencfu and exit. -c, --copyright Embeds the standard ICU copyright into the output-file. -v, --verbose Display extra informative messages during execution. -d, --destdir destination Set the destination directory of the output-file to destination. -i, --icudatadir directory Look for any necessary ICU data files in directory. For example, the file pnames.icu must be located when ICU's data is not built as a shared library. The default ICU data directory is specified by the environment variable ICU_DATA. Most configurations of ICU do not require this argument. -r, --rules rule-file The source file to read. -w, --wsrules whole-script-rule-file The whole script source file to read. -o, --out output-file The output data file to write. VERSION
1.0 COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009 International Business Machines Corporation and others ICU MANPAGE
24 May 2009 GENCFU(1)