Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Rotate an array by 2 places
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Rotate an array by 2 places Post 302422466 by Scott on Tuesday 18th of May 2010 01:32:17 PM
Old 05-18-2010
Code:
$ cat ArrTest
set -A a 0 1 2 3 4

echo A is:
printf "%s\n" ${a[@]}

set -A a $(printf "%s\n" ${a[@]} | sed '1,3{H;d;}; $G')

echo "--------"

echo A is:
printf "%s\n" ${a[@]}

$ ./ArrTest
A is:
--------
A is:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HP-UX lp spooling places

Does anybody know if HP-UX uses any other directories besides /var/spool/lp/request to spool print jobs? I checked the man pages, and it only mentions /var/spool/lp in general. I was just wondering if anyone knew of some other place it might possibly use. thanks in advance for any help! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: doeboy
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

deciaml places

Hello All, Can anyone please tell me how do i define the variable as decimal. Below is my script. After division i get a whole number where as i want to see the decimal places also.. TABLEAVG=`expr ${TABLECHARS}/${TABLELINES} | bc` EG: if TABLECHARS= 1280 and TABLELINES=44 the O/P is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: OSD
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

log rotate

hi , what is the meaning of log rotate? how do i rotate /var/adm/wtmps log and gzip it? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cromohawk
6 Replies

4. Programming

Rotate an array

i have an array a={1,2,3,4,5} the output should be a= {4,5,1,2,3} please help me writin this program in c. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgmfourms
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Decimal places

i need to multiplay a number with 1.00.. so that the output should contain two decimal places at end.. for example... 236 * 1.00 = 236.00 245.8 * 1.00 = 245.80 but when i perform multiplication it shows output as. 236 245.8 can anyone help me to get the actual output of... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunmanas
11 Replies

6. Programming

Badly places ()'s on C

I dont know why this Linux would give me badly placed () error all the time for this; #include <stdio.h> int main() { register int num=0 ; while ((num < 5)) ++num; printf("Pass %d \n", num) ; return 0 ; } can anyone help me please? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sizzler786
11 Replies

7. HP-UX

How To Rotate A File in HP-UX?

I need to rotate a file in HP-UX of a application. I´ve tried to do a task in the cron with a script (with sed and ed commands) but it was a successfully option (the application continued writing the file :( ) LINEAS_OUT=$(wc -l < $RMISTDOUT) LINEAS_FIN=1,expr $LINEAS_OUT - 100p sed... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: werkraft
19 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log rotate

Hi, I have below script in logrotate.d to rotate logs. logs are not rotating after the file grow to 1k, do you have any idea? Is it because of it just only 1K? Please let me know if the below syntax is in correct. # more trotate /sourcepath/*/servers/*/logs/*log... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lpprasad321
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Logs do not rotate

My problem: Both access and error logs do not rotate any more and get really large. They are located here: /srv/www/+vHost name here+/logs/ Configuration seems to be here: /etc/logrotate.conf => looks OK, including "size 10M" to avoid large files (/etc/logrotate.d => is empty) manually... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: floko
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum the fields with 6 decimal places - getting only 2 decimal places as output

I used the below script to Sum up a field in a file based on some unique values. But the problem is when it is summing up the units, it is truncating to 2 decimals and not 6 decimals as in the input file (Input file has the units with up to 6 Decimals – Sample data below, when the units in the 2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brlsubbu
4 Replies
echo(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						  echo(1B)

NAME
echo - echo arguments to standard output SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/echo [-n] [argument] DESCRIPTION
echo writes its arguments, separated by BLANKs and terminated by a NEWLINE, to the standard output. echo is useful for producing diagnostics in command files and for sending known data into a pipe, and for displaying the contents of envi- ronment variables. For example, you can use echo to determine how many subdirectories below the root directory (/) is your current directory, as follows: o echo your current-working-directory's full pathname o pipe the output through tr to translate the path's embedded slash-characters into space-characters o pipe that output through wc -w for a count of the names in your path. example% /usr/bin/echo "echo $PWD | tr '/' ' ' | wc -w" See tr(1) and wc(1) for their functionality. The shells csh(1), ksh(1), and sh(1), each have an echo built-in command, which, by default, will have precedence, and will be invoked if the user calls echo without a full pathname. /usr/ucb/echo and csh's echo() have an -n option, but do not understand back-slashed escape characters. sh's echo(), ksh's echo(), and /usr/bin/echo, on the other hand, understand the black-slashed escape characters, and ksh's echo() also understands a as the audible bell character; however, these commands do not have an -n option. OPTIONS
-n Do not add the NEWLINE to the output. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), echo(1), ksh(1), sh(1), tr(1), wc(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The -n option is a transition aid for BSD applications, and may not be supported in future releases. SunOS 5.10 3 Aug 1994 echo(1B)