Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Linux: dlopen fails to find symbols Post 302422453 by fpmurphy on Tuesday 18th of May 2010 12:45:54 PM
Old 05-18-2010
Assuming you are using gcc, change your Makefile rule for test3 to include the following linker directive
Code:
-Wl,-export-dynamic

and test3 now works as expected.

Regular executables such as test3 do not export their variables and routines as dynamic symbols by default. You need to use the -export-dynamic directive to specifically export the variables and routines.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

test program(dlopen) fails on hp but run well on solaris

Hi, I have a c test program which test dlopen call. This program run well on solaris but fails on hp-ux. The program load jvm library successfully on solaris. On hp-ux it displays error I compile this program as $cc -o testjvm testjvm.c What am I missing? I have tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
2 Replies

2. AIX

Find command fails in crontab

Hi , I imported find command I have on my hp-ux server to clean up the /tmp of my new IBM AIX servers. Though, the commands always fails in the cron but if I past it at the prompt, it works find. I tried with at jobs and regular 'find' . Could anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Many... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cforget2810
4 Replies

3. Programming

dlopen Linux vs. OSX

I've got a C++ program and some plugins ( shared objects ) that I have been developing for Linux. I was originally using and OSX machine to develop and test most of the code. I use dlopen to open the shared objects and then call methods from them. It behaves differently on Linux ( don't know the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rfkrakora
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Grub installation fails in Linux BMR..

Hi all, This topic is purely on a problem in installing grub in my LINUX BMR process... A major problem too.. I am designing Linux BMR where i do the following.. Backup the " / " as a whole .. with partition details ..etc And using the Knoppix Live CD i first create the partitions... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: selvarajvs
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Difference between Unix and Linux for resolving symbols

I came across a difference between Unix and Linux, when it comes to resolving the symbols from the libs. consider the following code segments... $ cat call1.c #include <stdio.h> int a1; extern int a3; void prnt_a3() { printf("\n%d\n",a3); } $ cat test.c #include <stdio.h>... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: snowline84
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find command fails when a space is in the directory path variable

I have a script like this running under OS X 10.8. The problem arises when the find command encounters a space in the path name. I need the "dir" variable as I'll be extending the script to more general use. #!/bin/bash CFS=$IFS IFS=$(echo) set dir = "/Users/apta/Library/Mail\... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apta
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tcp connection to Linux server fails

I am trying to send json messages to a port on a linux server from a remote server running a .net program. I have one implementation running with successful incoming messages to port 1514. I tried to replicate the same thing but just to another port but cannot get it to work as I get the following... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unienewbie
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed works on Linux but fails on Solaris

Hi, On Linux i get the desired ouput: echo "<value>WEB_USER</value>" | sed 's/\(<value>\|<\/value>\)//g'Output: Executing the same command on Solaris: echo "<value>WEB_USER</value>" | sed 's/\(<value>\|<\/value>\)//g'Output: I need to get the desired output on Solaris i.e. WEB_USER and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command fails mid-way during execution

I wish to search for a particular string say "Yellow_Colors" in all files in all folders in the current directory. Below is the command I use: find ./ -type f | xargs grep -i "Yello_Colors"However, my command does not traverse all files and folders and errors out mid-way with the below error... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command works on Linux but fails on Solaris.

Hi, I am looking for a generic find command that works on both Linux and Solaris. I have the below command that works fine on Linux but fails on solaris.find /web/config -type f '(' -name '*.txt' -or -name '*.xml' -name '*.pro' ')' Fails on SunOS mysolaris 5.10 Generic_150400-61 sun4v sparc... (1 Reply)
1 Replies
asadmin-unset(1AS)						   User Commands						asadmin-unset(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-unset, unset - removes one or more variables from the multimode environment SYNOPSIS
unset env_var [env_var]* Removes one or more variables you set for the multimode environment. The variables and their associated values will no longer exist in the environment. OPERANDS
env_var environment variable to be removed. Example 1: Using unset to remove environment variables asadmin> export AS_ADMIN_HOST=bluestar AS_ADMIN_PORT=8000 AS_ADMIN_USER=admin AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=password asadmin> export AS_ADMIN_PREFIX=server1.jms-service asadmin> export AS_ADMIN_HOST=bluestar AS_ADMIN_PORT=8000 AS_ADMIN_USER=admin AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=******** AS_ADMIN_PREFIX=server1.jms-service asadmin> unset AS_ADMIN_PREFIX asadmin> export AS_ADMIN_HOST=bluestar AS_ADMIN_PORT=8000 AS_ADMIN_USER=admin AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=******** Using the export command without the argument lists the environment variables that are set. Notice the AS_ADMIN_PREFIX is not in the envi- ronment after running the unset command. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-export(1AS), asadmin-multimode(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-unset(1AS)