Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Facing Problem with metaset in SVM Post 302422304 by Tytalus on Tuesday 18th of May 2010 04:04:08 AM
Old 05-18-2010
humph... looks reasonable...

One other standard setup question - Is root a member of group 14 (sysadmin usu.) ?

Or if not a member of group 14 do you have .rhosts setup with all other hostnames ?

And I'm assuming you're not running SunCluster 3.x ?? (at which point you *shouldn't* need this setup...)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

facing a problem in redirection

Hi, I am doing this perl script print (@line(1..15)); the lines 1 to 15 get printed... how can i redirect this to file? thanks and regards vivek.s (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekshankar
4 Replies

2. Solaris

please help as i am facing problem with uptime

Hi I am getting the uptime output as follows 12:40am up 4 day(s), 18:29, 2 users, load average: 38.97, 36.54, 34.89 The load average is too high . I have checked the processes , but no process is taking too much cpu time Please help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy009
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Facing problem with zone

i am using this way to create zone1 and zone2 bash-2.05b# zonecfg -z zone1 zone1: No such zone configured Use 'create' to begin configuring a new zone. zonecfg:zone1> create zonecfg:zone1> set zonepath=/zone/1 zonecfg:zone1> set autoboot=true zonecfg:zone1> add net zonecfg:zone1:net>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: coxmanchester
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Cluster-Metaset problem

Hi Guys i have two servers which are n cluster prd1 and prd2.. I already have a metaset configured in it..My job was to create a 1.8 tb LUN in my storage which is having Hardware raid5 pre-configured..i Created 1.8 tb with raid 5 in my storage and it got detected in both t servers prd1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madanmeer
4 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Sun Cluster-Metaset problem

Hi Guys i have two servers which are n cluster prd1 and prd2.. I already have a metaset configured in it..My job was to create a 1.8 tb LUN in my storage which is having Hardware raid5 pre-configured..i Created 1.8 tb with raid 5 in my storage and it got detected in both t servers... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: madanmeer
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Problem with SVM

HI, I added by error to a submirror some disks : metattach d53 c2t90d0s0 c2t90d1s0 ... instead of doing a stripe by disk (like that) : metattach d53 c2t90d0s0 metattach d53 c2t90d1s0 .. then, I did a growfs -M to expand FS and the size isn't correct. I tried to launch a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phil.nakache
1 Replies

7. Solaris

SVM Soft partitions in a metaset- how to migrate ?

Hi Friends, I need your assistance, could someone assist.... Scenario:- Solaris 10, with zones and mounted file systems, using SAN. SVM with metasets on it configured soft partitions on the meta device. These soft partitions are mounted and file systems are being accessed. We are now trying... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: unahb1
6 Replies

8. Solaris

SVM metaset on 2 node Solaris cluster storage replicated to non-clustered Solaris node

Hi, Is it possible to have a Solaris cluster of 2 nodes at SITE-A using SVM and creating metaset using say 2 LUNs (on SAN). Then replicating these 2 LUNs to remote site SITE-B via storage based replication and then using these LUNs by importing them as a metaset on a server at SITE-B which is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dn2011
0 Replies

9. AIX

facing problem using su

Hi, I am able to login using su - or su directly , # prompt is coming, it doesnt ask for password. any normal user on aix system is login using su - or su . Please suggest where to change the configuration direct root login is disabled in /etc/ssh/sshd_config file. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
0 Replies
add member(1m)															    add member(1m)

NAME
add member - Adds a member to a group in a name service entry; if the specified entry does not exist, creates the entry SYNOPSIS
rpccp add member group-entry-name -m member [-s syntax] OPTIONS
Declares the name of a member to be added to the specified group entry (required). You can add only one member at a time. Indicates the name syntax of the entry name (optional). The only value for this option is the dce name syntax, which is the default name syntax. Until an alternative name syntax becomes available, specifying the -s option is unnecessary. ARGUMENTS
Specifies the name of the target group. For an entry in the local cell, you can omit the cell name and specify only the cell-relative name. DESCRIPTION
The add member command adds a member to a group in a name service entry. The name of the entry containing the group and the name of the new group member are required. The entry of a group may have been created previously (by either the add entry or add member command). If the specified entry does not exist, the add member command tries to create the entry. Privilege Required You need both read permission and write permission to the CDS object entry (the target group entry). If the entry does not exist, you also need insert permission to the parent directory. NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLES
The following commands run RPCCP and add the member /.:/LandS/anthro/Cal_host_3 to the group /.:/LandS/anthro/Calendar_group: $ rpccp rpccp> add member > -m /.:/LandS/anthro/Cal_host_3 > /.:/LandS/anthro/Calendar_group RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: remove group(1m), remove member(1m), show group(1m) add member(1m)