Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting nested double quota and white space inside variable Post 302422282 by dr.house on Tuesday 18th of May 2010 03:08:15 AM
Old 05-18-2010
You may want to give single quotes a try, e.g.:

Code:
string="Ethernet 'USB Ethernet' 'Bluetooth DUN' AirPort FireWire 'Bluetooth PAN'"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

stripping white space...

Hi All; Having a problem with a file.. the file contains the following data... (a snapshot) 1331F9E9DB7C2BB80EAEDE3A8F043B94,AL7 1DZ,M,50 186FDF93E1303DBA217279EC3671EA91,NG5 1JU,M,24 3783FFAF602015056A8CD21104B1AAAF,CH42 4NQ,M,17 It has 3 columns sepreated by a , the second column... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zak
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SED with White Space

Dear Members, Suppose i have a variable test which stores a string as below: test='John drives+++++++++a+++++car' now i want to use sed on the above variable and replace + with a white space, so that i get echo $test should give me 'john drives a car' Between... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandeep_1105
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed + white space

Hi, What sed command (if sed is the right command) can remove ALL white space from my file. I have a csv, except I want to remove all white space between commas and characters. My idea (without testing) sed 's/ //g' Is there a better way? (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcclunyboy
18 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: Eliminating white space while setting variable

Hi, I have a large flat file from host without delimiter. I'm transforming this file to a csv file using statements like # Row 03: Customer / field position 3059 +20 WOFABNAM=substr( $0, 3059, 20 ); and deleting the trailing whitespaces before and after with that sub( /^ +/, "",... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Celald
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

filename with white space

our user creates a text file with a white space on the filename. this same file is transfered to unix via automation tool. i have a korn shell script that reads these files on a input directory and connects to oracle database to run the oracle procedures which will load the data from each of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtolentino
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested case inside awk

please let me know if the below code could be written efficiently inside single awk case "$INP" in ksh) cat catalog | awk 'BEGIN {FS=",";} { print $2 } END {}' ;; pset) cat catalog | awk 'BEGIN {FS=",";} { print $3 } END {}' ;; dml) cat catalog | awk 'BEGIN {FS=",";} {... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cvsanthosh
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - trim white space from a field / variable

Hi, Consider the data (FS = |): 1| England |end 2| New Zealand |end 3|Australia|end 4| Some Made Up Country |end 5| West Indies|end I want the output to be (i.e. without the leading and trailing white space from $2) England New Zealand Australia Some Made Up Country West... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Storms
4 Replies

8. HP-UX

Unable to pass a space inside a variable shell scripting

Can anyone help me in solving this ? p=`date` e=`echo $p | awk '{print $2,$3}'` # echo $p Wed Aug 4 12:00:08 IST 2013 but when I am echoing the value of e it is giving me with one space. As shown below: # echo $e Aug 4 I need this value to be exact as found in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kits
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add white space

hi guys how can i add spacein file name with sed if strings have no space around dash input 19-20 ( 18-19 ) ABC-EFG output after add white space 19 - 20 (18 - 19 ) ABC - EFG thx in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhs
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error with nested if within an sqlplus task inside

Hi ALL, I am receving a "strange" error using a nested if within an sql operation inside: ./dom.ksh: syntax error at line 80 : `then' unmatched This is all my script code: in bold the step receiving the error. Any help would really aprrecieted ......! **** I have tried all the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AndreaCecco
2 Replies
NG_UBT(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						 NG_UBT(4)

NAME
ng_ubt -- Netgraph node type that is also a driver for Bluetooth USB devices SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <netgraph/bluetooth/include/ng_ubt.h> DESCRIPTION
The ubt node type is both a persistent Netgraph node type and a driver for Bluetooth USB devices. It implements a Bluetooth USB transport layer as per chapter H2 of the Bluetooth Specification Book v1.1. A new node is created when a supported USB device is plugged in. The node has a single hook called hook. Incoming bytes received on the device are re-assembled into HCI frames (according to the length). Full HCI frames are sent out on the hook. The node will add a HCI frame indicator if the device did not send it. HCI frames received on hook are transmitted out. The node will drop the HCI frame indicator unless the device requires it to be present. HARDWARE
The ng_ubt driver supports all Bluetooth USB devices that conform with the Bluetooth specification v1.1, including: o 3Com 3CREB96 o AIPTEK BR0R02 o EPoX BT-DG02 o Mitsumi Bluetooth USB adapter o MSI MS-6967 o TDK Bluetooth USB adapter o Broadcom Bluetooth USB adapter HOOKS
This node type supports the following hooks: hook single HCI frame contained in a single mbuf structure. CONTROL MESSAGES
This node type supports the generic control messages, plus the following: NGM_UBT_NODE_GET_DEBUG (get_debug) Returns an integer containing the current debug level for the node. NGM_UBT_NODE_SET_DEBUG (set_debug) This command takes an integer argument and sets the current debug level for the node. NGM_UBT_NODE_GET_QLEN (get_qlen) This command takes a parameter that specifies the queue number and returns the current maximal length of the queue for the node. NGM_UBT_NODE_SET_QLEN (set_qlen) This command takes two parameters that specify the queue number and the maximum length of the queue and sets the maximal length of the queue for the node. NGM_UBT_NODE_GET_STAT (get_stat) Returns various statistic information for the node, such as: number of bytes (frames) sent, number of bytes (frames) received and number of input (output) errors. NGM_UBT_NODE_RESET_STAT (reset_stat) Reset all statistic counters to zero. SHUTDOWN
This node shuts down when the corresponding USB device is un-plugged. SEE ALSO
netgraph(4), ugen(4), usb(4), ngctl(8) HISTORY
The ubt node type was implemented in FreeBSD 5.0. AUTHORS
Maksim Yevmenkin <m_evmenkin@yahoo.com> BUGS
Isochronous USB transfers are broken. This means that the USB device will not be able to transfer SCO data (voice). USB interrupt transfers are implemented as bulk-in transfers (not really a bug). BSD
December 26, 2012 BSD