Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Changing an image between grub and GDM Login Post 302422251 by pludi on Tuesday 18th of May 2010 01:36:19 AM
Old 05-18-2010
Wow. 5 hours of no reply in this forum, and you're already giving up.

Anyways: The image isn't called usplash, but is the output of the usplash program. There's a description here, with a customization guide here.
This User Gave Thanks to pludi For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changing login prompt on redhat

Hi... Can anyone help! I am in dire need to change the "login:" prompt to "username:" any ideas? Thanks in advance :) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: juilan
6 Replies

2. HP-UX

cannot login after changing login shell

Hello Everyone, I am a newbie in unix. I was practicing shell scripts on hp unix machine. I changed my current login shell (Korn) to Bourne shell giving the following command. $ chsh username /usr/bash I am using secure shell client for accessing the hp ux server. After which i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hardesh
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing default login shell

Hi everybody, The problem is quite simple, I want to change my default shell which is /bin/csh to /bin/bash. I have looked online for solutions to my problem, but to no avail. I have tried chsh, but it tells me this: chsh: can only change local entries; use ypchsh instead. I use ypchsh,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: z1dane
7 Replies

4. IP Networking

Changing network parameter in Existing OS image

Hi , Can some one tell me , is there a way to change the existing network parameter in existing OS image , or do i have to create a new image to have new network parameters . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thana
0 Replies

5. Debian

Gnome session reverts back to gdm on login.

Hi everyone. I just had a quick problem. I'm not too familiar with linux yet, otherwise I'd have this figured out by now. I recently did the Debian 5lenny7 update with the standard debian update manager. After getting all installed and rebooted, I tried to login to my account again. Every... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: runfaj
3 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Login Problems when the system is grub mode

Hi Experts, I am using ubuntu.When i am trying to login it is showing grub ..How i can overcome to this problem..Pls reply me ASAP.. Thanks, Sree (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sree vasu
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the Login Path

Hi frnds! i m installing a software named 'Gamit' by using bash. bt i recieved the follwoing error: .. removing any existing Makefiles or archive files from libraries directories /root/Documents/ISP/Gamit_10.4/com/rmfresh: Permission denied. .. removing any existing Makefiles or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Engr. Shoaib
1 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Changing login details

Dear Administrators! I would like to change my username for this forum, would it be possible? Regards FR (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fretagi
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Changing grub from /dev/sda to /dev/sdb

Hi, Please suggest steps to change grub from /dev/sda to /dev/sdb, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies
uri_urn(n)					    Tcl Uniform Resource Identifier Management						uri_urn(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
uri_urn - URI utilities, URN scheme SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require uri::urn ?1.1.2? uri::urn::quote url uri::urn::unquote url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides two commands to quote and unquote the disallowed characters for url using the urn scheme, registers the scheme with the package uri, and provides internal helpers which will be automatically used by the commands uri::split and uri::join of package uri to handle urls using the urn scheme. COMMANDS
uri::urn::quote url This command quotes the characters disallowed by the urn scheme (per RFC 2141 sec2.2) in the url and returns the modified url as its result. uri::urn::unquote url This commands performs the reverse of ::uri::urn::quote. It takes an urn url, removes the quoting from all disallowed characters, and returns the modified urls as its result. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category uri of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
rfc 2141, uri, url, urn CATEGORY
Networking uri 1.1.2 uri_urn(n)