Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Script not showing accurate Time Stamp and Size Post 302422218 by rdcwayx on Monday 17th of May 2010 08:44:55 PM
Old 05-17-2010
If you need see the real size, change below line: (in fact I don't prefer the cut command)

Code:
FILE_SIZE=$(du -sh $1 | cut -f1)

to

Code:
FILE_SIZE=$(ls -l $1 | cut -d" " -f5)

and leave this for you to update by yourself. below line used for file time, which shows only Month and day.

Code:
FILE_TIME=$(ls -l $1| cut -d" " -f6,7)

Last edited by rdcwayx; 05-17-2010 at 09:50 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for listing files of today's time stamp

Hi, I need to write a script,which behaves like this, Given the folder name, it should list the files with today's timestamp. Please direct me on this. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kid123
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

time stamp perl script error out of range 1..31

Hi, while running the perl script i am getting this error message , Day '' out of range 1..31 at rsty.sh line 44 what do iam missing in the script, any suggestion #!/usr/bin/perl use Time::Local; my $wday = $ARGV; my $month = $ARGV; # convert the month shortname into 0-11 number if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saha
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

append date time stamp via ftp script

I have searched several thread and not found my solution, so I am posting a new qustion. I have a very simple script on an AIX server that FTPs 2 files to a MS FTP server. These 2 files are created on the AIX server every hour, with a static name. I need to FTP the files to the MS server, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sknisely
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing File Time Stamp (Bash Script)

I need some help recovering from a "slight" screwup. We just moved 3 TB of data from one RAID Array to another. Low lever archive files. This was done with a regular cp (for some reason) and now we have lost all the timestamps on the files, and we urgently need to get the timestamps back on these... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chj
7 Replies

5. Hardware

time accurate simulator

Hi all, Does anybody know how to build a cycle accurate simulator? I've looked at QEMU and SESC simulator, but they are only cycle accurate for the CPU part. I'm looking for a simulator which can estimate the performance including CPU and I/O. For example, when I configure the simulator by SSD... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qqkk88
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a script when a file is modified/time stamp changed

Hi, I need to run a script file which uses a file and that file is modified as and when some alarms generated, it is not based on any fixed time period.. it may be modified even once in a minute for some time and once in 30 min or once in 20 min. Hence i need to watch for the timestamp change of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Store time stamp for .csh shell users

How do I store the time stamps of each command executed for C shell users? However, I am able to set this for Bash users with this command: export HISTTIMEFORMAT="%F %T " This is how a typical .cshrc look like for a Cshell user: # more .cshrc # necessary to get hostname... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl:Script to append date and time stamp

Help with Perl script : I have a web.xml file with a line <display-name>some_text_here</display-name> Need to append the current date and time stamp to the string and save the XML file Something like <display-name>some_text_here._01_23_2014_03_56_33</display-name> -->Finally want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaurav99
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script | Parse log file after a given date and time stamp

I am developing one script which will take log file name, output file name, date, hour and minute as an argument and based on these inputs, the script will scan and capture all the error(s) that have been triggered from a given time. Example: script should capture all the error after 13:50 on Jan... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROMA3
2 Replies

10. AIX

AIX dump device not showing accurate size

I am trying to configure dump devices on my AIX server. Running 7100-03-04-1441. My dump device needs to be about 2GB in size. My PP Size is 1024MB, so I create the device with 2 PPs. When I run lslv on the dump device, it shows the 2 PPs, and a PP Size of 1024 megabytes. However, a dumpcheck... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: paqman
4 Replies
IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream(3pm)

NAME
"IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream" - stream-based protocols using lines of text SYNOPSIS
Most likely this class will be subclassed to implement a particular network protocol. package Net::Async::HelloWorld; use strict; use warnings; use base qw( IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream ); sub on_read_line { my $self = shift; my ( $line ) = @_; if( $line =~ m/^HELLO (.*)/ ) { my $name = $1; $self->invoke_event( on_hello => $name ); } } sub send_hello { my $self = shift; my ( $name ) = @_; $self->write_line( "HELLO $name" ); } This small example elides such details as error handling, which a real protocol implementation would be likely to contain. DESCRIPTION
EVENTS
The following events are invoked, either using subclass methods or CODE references in parameters: on_read_line $line Invoked when a new complete line of input is received. PARAMETERS
The following named parameters may be passed to "new" or "configure": on_read_line => CODE CODE reference for the "on_read_line" event. METHODS
$lineprotocol->write_line( $text ) Writes a line of text to the transport stream. The text will have the end-of-line marker appended to it; $text should not end with it. AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2012-10-24 IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream(3pm)