Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming GNUPLOT- how to change the style of data points Post 302422211 by natasha on Monday 17th of May 2010 08:03:40 PM
Old 05-17-2010
GNUPLOT- how to change the style of data points

Hi,

I am trying to arrange my graphs with GNUPLOT. Although it looked like simple at the beginning, I could not figure out an answer for the following: I want to change the style of my data points (not the line, just exact data points) The terminal assigns first + and then x to them but what I need is -, _ or simple dots (.). Does anyone know how to do that? Thanks,

Natasha

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

Gnuplot question: how to plot 3D points as colored points in map view?

I have a simple gnuplot question. I have a set of points (list of x,y,z values; irregularly spaced, i.e. no grid) that I want to plot. I want the plot to look like this: - points in map view (no 3D view) - color of each point should depend on its z-value. - I want to define my own color scale -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karman
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

matching points in Gnuplot

Does anyone know how can one draw lines between 2 sets of data for the same point. let's say that the three points (x1,y1) = (1,2) (4,5) (8.9) became: (x2,y2) = (3,6) (6,4) (4, 0) so if I want to plot these points and match every (x1,y1) with the corresponding (x2,y2), how can I do it?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get data only inside polygon created by points which is part of whole data from file?

hiii, Help me out..i have a huge set of data stored in a file.This file has has 2 columns which is latitude & longitude of a region. Now i have a program which asks for the number of points & based on this number it asks the user to enter that latitude & longitude values which are in the same... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: reva
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fitting data in gnuplot with xyerrorbars

I was looking at the examples that show how to fit data using gnuplot (ex: gnuplot / misc (2E)) but I can't find a place that shows what to do if I have ranges for the x and y error bars. I tried the common sense: gnuplot> fit f(x) "data.txt" using 3:6:4:5:7:8 via a,b ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
8 Replies

5. Programming

How do I change html style dynamically

I've got the following form element in a template driven web page... <INPUT type="text" class="normal" id="LastName" name="LastName" value="{LastName}"> The stylesheet description is simply... input.normal { width: 250; } I want to change the background colour of the input box after the user... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JerryHone
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

placeholder in gnuplot data

My input data has occasional holes in it, spots where a sensor couldn't be read. These are ERR in the data file instead of a floating point number. What should I change them to, for gnuplot to ignore these values instead of whining about them? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Corona688
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the file style to another version with awk

#cat myfile libgcc: Package > additional *crt*.o files for PPC libgcc: Package > additional *crt*.o files for PPC binutils: Default to n64 when configured for mips64 binutils: Default to n64 when configured for mips64 > gcc-4.6, gcc-4.7: Add support for building mips64 cross compi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

To change of remote printer font style

How can I change the remote printer font style as its been printing in a non readable format. Is it possible to change it from the server console. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gnuplot Time Data Question

I have a data file of the following format: servername,2013-05-11 17:46:03,SomeText,195,195,11,202 servername,2013-05-11 17:47:03,SomeText,192,192,23,103 servername,2013-05-11 17:48:03,SomeText,189,190,14,117 servername,2013-05-11 17:49:03,SomeText,196,195,24,231 ... ... I want to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeeryM
0 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Gnuplot Same Data Two Axes Different Units)

I'm pretty familiar with Gnuplot, but I've never actually come across a reasonable solution to this problem and I'm hoping someone can help me out! I think it's because I don't know how to pose the problem neatly, so please bare with me. Also new to the forum....so yeah... I have one data set (x... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TC69
3 Replies
Tk_GetCapStyle(3)					       Tk Library Procedures						 Tk_GetCapStyle(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_GetCapStyle, Tk_NameOfCapStyle - translate between strings and cap styles SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> int Tk_GetCapStyle(interp, string, capPtr) const char * Tk_NameOfCapStyle(cap) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter to use for error reporting. const char *string (in) String containing name of cap style: one of "butt", "projecting", or "round". int *capPtr (out) Pointer to location in which to store X cap style corresponding to string. int cap (in) Cap style: one of CapButt, CapProjecting, or CapRound. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tk_GetCapStyle places in *capPtr the X cap style corresponding to string. This will be one of the values CapButt, CapProjecting, or CapRound. Cap styles are typically used in X graphics contexts to indicate how the end-points of lines should be capped. See the X docu- mentation for information on what each style implies. Under normal circumstances the return value is TCL_OK and interp is unused. If string does not contain a valid cap style or an abbrevia- tion of one of these names, then an error message is stored in interp->result, TCL_ERROR is returned, and *capPtr is unmodified. Tk_NameOfCapStyle is the logical inverse of Tk_GetCapStyle. Given a cap style such as CapButt it returns a statically-allocated string corresponding to cap. If cap is not a legal cap style, then "unknown cap style" is returned. KEYWORDS
butt, cap style, projecting, round Tk Tk_GetCapStyle(3)