Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting No Syntax Error and No Output Post 302422147 by ibzee33 on Monday 17th of May 2010 03:08:58 PM
Old 05-17-2010
@scottn: i have a couple of questions,

what is this command, awk '{print $1}' is it compatible with Fedora?

what is the output for this?!
Code:
lines=$(wc -l < ./temp)

i used this command to save the number of lines, so i can use them in a loop while reading the file, a programming approach i guess, since im new to scripting and im not sure how to read the lines in a file
Code:
lines=$(wc -l ./temp | cut -d" " -f1)

@Franklin52
the ./temp file is only a temporary file holding the information from the who command, after that i read each line separately, and use it to save the full name, time and IP which i save in tmplog, that i sort and the final output is in logfile

the output should be something like this
Jack_Oneal 12:23 172.168.12.1

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk Shell Script error : "Syntax Error : `Split' unexpected

hi there i write one awk script file in shell programing the code is related to dd/mm/yy to month, day year format but i get an error please can anybody help me out in this problem ?????? i give my code here including error awk ` # date-month -- convert mm/dd/yy to month day,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Herry
2 Replies

2. AIX

nim mksysb error :/usr/bin/savevg[33]: 1016,07: syntax error

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, help me please. I am trying to create a mksysb bakup using nim. I am geting this error, how to correct it ? : Command : failed stdout: yes stderr: no... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Receiving error: ./ang.ksh[35]: 0403-057 Syntax error at line 116 : `done' is not expected.

Hi All I am quite new to Unix. Following is a shell script that i have written and getting the subject mentioned error. #!/bin/ksh #------------------------------------------------------------------------- # File: ang_stdnld.ksh # # Desc: UNIX shell script to extract Store information.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitsinha
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for a syntax output for a table.

Hello Unix Gurus, I need a few instuructions how to approach the following scenarios.For a given TABLENAME a script should display the following structure on the screen.The structure should be as below.for a given perticular table. SELECT *FROM TAB1 a JOIN TAB1 b ON ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanakaraju
0 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Syntax for output filenames

Hello to everybody... I have spent very long time on this before I decided to sign up in this forum. Maybe I've just not used the right keywords. I have to say that I'm not a programmer or something like that... I've been playin' around a little with ImageMagick and I would like to have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pixelanstalt
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with print append to output file syntax

I'm trying to output the contents of the infile to the outfile using Append. I will want to use append but the syntax doesn't seem to be working ! Input file (called a.txt) contains this: a a a b b b I'm running shell script (called k.sh) from Unix command-line like this: ./k.sh .... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: script_op2a
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk syntax mistake doubles desired output

I am trying to add a line to a BASH shell script to print out a large variable length table on a web page. I am very new to this obviously, but I tried this with awk and it prints out every line twice. What I am doing wrong? echo "1^2^3%4^5^6%7^8^9%" | awk 'BEGIN { RS="%"; FS="^"; } {for (i =... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: awknewb123
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dot and redirected output syntax in a tar command

Hi All, Please could anyone advise what the purpose of the dot syntax in the following command means: tar -cvf ${WORKING_BACKUP_ROOT}/${TAR_ARCHIVE_FILE} . >/${BACKUP_ROOT}/${ARCHIVE_LOG} Many thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveu7
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF section problem. syntax error: unexpected end of file error

Hello, I have another problem with my script. Please accept my apologies, but I am really nooby in sh scripts. I am writing it for first time. My script: returned=`tail -50 SapLogs.log | grep -i "Error"` echo $returned if ; then echo "There is no errors in the logs" fi And after... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jedzio
10 Replies
CUBRID_GET_CLIENT_INFO(3)						 1						 CUBRID_GET_CLIENT_INFO(3)

cubrid_get_client_info - Return the client library version

SYNOPSIS
string cubrid_get_client_info (void ) DESCRIPTION
This function returns a string that represents the client library version. PARAMETERS
RETURN VALUES
A string that represents the client library version; on success. FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 cubrid_get_client_info(3) example <?php printf("%-30s %s ", "CUBRID PHP Version:", cubrid_version()); printf(" "); $conn = cubrid_connect("localhost", 33088, "demodb"); if (!$conn) { die('Connect Error ('. cubrid_error_code() .')' . cubrid_error_msg()); } $db_params = cubrid_get_db_parameter($conn); while (list($param_name, $param_value) = each($db_params)) { printf("%-30s %s ", $param_name, $param_value); } printf(" "); $server_info = cubrid_get_server_info($conn); $client_info = cubrid_get_client_info(); printf("%-30s %s ", "Server Info:", $server_info); printf("%-30s %s ", "Client Info:", $client_info); printf(" "); $charset = cubrid_get_charset($conn); printf("%-30s %s ", "CUBRID Charset:", $charset); cubrid_disconnect($conn); ?> The above example will output: CUBRID PHP Version: 9.1.0.0001 PARAM_ISOLATION_LEVEL 3 LOCK_TIMEOUT -1 MAX_STRING_LENGTH 1073741823 PARAM_AUTO_COMMIT 1 Server Info: 9.1.0.0212 Client Info: 9.1.0 CUBRID Charset: iso8859-1 PHP Documentation Group CUBRID_GET_CLIENT_INFO(3)