Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Capturing running process name Post 302422132 by frans on Monday 17th of May 2010 02:11:00 PM
Old 05-17-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by radoulov
What's wrong with using $0?
Yes, what's wrong ? Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

capturing process id

I am newbie to unix shells world. I am trying to capture a background process id into a file so that it can be killed later. this process is basically a java program running in background as: java TestApp & this returning process id immediately. So how can i redirect that pid into a file.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bvreddy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Capturing the Process ID of a process

hi Everybody I am trying to capture process id of a process which has been started through the execution of a shell script CLASSPATH=. CLASSPATH=${CLASSPATH}:sampleswing.jar java -cp ${CLASSPATH} Sample echo $! > pid.sh above is the simple script file called swings.sh When i... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: appleforme1415
8 Replies

3. AIX

Capturing Process on AIX boxes - IMP

Guys we all know what command 'COLUMNS=2047 /usr/bin/ps –eo pid,ppid,uid,user,args' does.It prints 5-column output for the running processes on a AIX box. Here is simple thing i need: I need to insert this tabular data in a db2 table. How do i need? I have created table with these five... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing the exit status of the script running in background

Hi All, I have a scenario where I am executing some child shell scripts in background (using &)through a master parent script. Is there a way I can capture the exit status of each individual child script after the execution is completed. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragkalra
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing the CPU% used by a process

Hi, I just wonder I need to write a script where I can check if a particular process is consuming X amount of CPU. I was thinking of using the ps command but doesn't seems to work. Any ideas. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arizah
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing PIDs of same process at different instances

Hi, I'm gonna launch a process from my 'C' code. I'm gonna launch it a few times. I would like to capture the PID of that process each time I launch. I have to copy the each PIDs into a 'C' variable and I have to kill all of them when I exit from the 'C' code. My requirement is int... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryaemlinux
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing the killed process logs

I have two set of questions. 1) To skip killing some process automatically. 2) To kill other process and capture their log. I have set of process, some needs to be killed gracefully and others should be skipped. Listed are the process. adm 1522... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murali1687
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing name of the user who is running a shell script

Hello All, I am writing a shell script which will run on build server where multiple users can login.These users can run this script at the same time. I want to capture the name of the user who ran the script for every instance.How can I do that ? Regards,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing the return code from background process

Hi All, I was out not working on unix from quite sometime and came back recently. I would really appreciate a help on one of the issue I am facing.... I am trying to kick off the CodeNameProcess.sh in PARALLEL for all the available codes. The script runs fine in parallel. Let say there are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkumar28
1 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)