Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to change values in certain column only in every line (any script) Post 302422098 by luna_soleil on Monday 17th of May 2010 12:25:02 PM
Old 05-17-2010
new values would be:
A1000001EFFFF1
A1000002000000
A1000002100000
A1000002200000
A1000002300000

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

print unique values of a column and sum up the corresponding values in next column

Hi All, I have a file which is having 3 columns as (string string integer) a b 1 x y 2 p k 5 y y 4 ..... ..... Question: I want get the unique value of column 2 in a sorted way(on column 2) and the sum of the 3rd column of the corresponding rows. e.g the above file should return the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amigarus
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to change values in datafiles

Hi all, Let say I have 2 files, 1 is source file and another is destination file. Source file contains the following : Kitten Dogs Donkey Chicken Turkey And destination file contains : Kitten, 0 Dogs, 0 Donkey, 0 Chicken, 0 Turkey, 0 Kitten, 0 Dogs, 0 Donkey, 0 (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: luna_soleil
16 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change values in Log4j.xml using ksh script

Hi, I am new to UNIX and shell scripting. I have to create a shell script(ksh) which parses log4j.xml file for a given webservice name and change the corresponding value from INFO to DEBUG or vice-versa. My log4j.xml looks like:- <!-- Appender WEBSERVICENAME--> <appender... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjeevcseng
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change file content 4 column to one Column using script

Hi Gurus, I have file content sample: ,5113955056,,TAgent-Suspend ,5119418233,,TAgent-Suspend ,5102119078,,TAgent-Suspend filenames 120229H5_suspend, 120229H6_unsuspend I receive those files one of directory /home/temp/ I need following: 1. Backup first /home/temp/ file to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command line / script option to filter a data set by values of one column

Hi all! I have a data set in this tab separated format : Label, Value1, Value2 An instance is "data.txt" : 0 1 1 -1 2 3 0 2 2 I would like to parse this data set and generate two files, one that has only data with the label 0 and the other with label -1, so my outputs should be, for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gnat01
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read column values from previous and next line using awk

Hi, I have a csv file which contains data that looks something like this: Key1 Key2 Key3 New_Key1 New_Key2 New_Key3 102 30 0 - - - 102 40 1 30 40 50 102 50 2 40 50 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nishi_Licious
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change values in .conf file with a script

This is my first time posting here...so be gentle. Suppose I have a test.conf file that contains a value such as a IP. I would like to be able to use the Dialog Utility in Linux to allow me to enter the new IP in a Dialog form...and the results get saved into the test.conf file in the place... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: calahanp
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting values based on line-column numbers from multiple text files

Dear All, I have to solve the following problems with multiple tab-separated text file but I don't know how. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have access to Linux mint (but not as a professional). I have multiple tab-delimited files with the following structure: file1: 1 44 2 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bastami
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bring values in the second column into single line (comma sep) for uniq value in the first column

I want to bring values in the second column into single line for uniq value in the first column. My input jvm01, Web 2.0 Feature Pack Library jvm01, IBM WebSphere JAX-RS jvm01, Custom01 Shared Library jvm02, Web 2.0 Feature Pack Library jvm02, IBM WebSphere JAX-RS jvm03, Web 2.0 Feature... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to append suffix to column when column has duplicated values

Please help me to get required output for both scenario 1 and scenario 2 and need separate code for both scenario 1 and scenario 2 Scenario 1 i need to do below changes only when column1 is CR and column3 has duplicates rows/values. This inputfile can contain 100 of this duplicated rows of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: as7951
1 Replies
PAPI_read(3)							       PAPI							      PAPI_read(3)

NAME
PAPI_read - Read hardware counters from an event set. SYNOPSIS
Detailed Description C Interface: #include <papi.h> int PAPI_read(int EventSet, long_long * values ); PAPI_read() copies the counters of the indicated event set into the provided array. The counters continue counting after the read. Note the differences between PAPI_read() and PAPI_accum(), specifically that PAPI_accum() resets the values array to zero. PAPI_read() assumes an initialized PAPI library and a properly added event set. Parameters: EventSet -- an integer handle for a PAPI Event Set as created by PAPI_create_eventset() *values -- an array to hold the counter values of the counting events Return values: PAPI_EINVAL One or more of the arguments is invalid. PAPI_ESYS A system or C library call failed inside PAPI, see the errno variable. PAPI_ENOEVST The event set specified does not exist. Examples * do_100events(); * if (PAPI_read(EventSet, values) != PAPI_OK) * handle_error(1); * // values[0] now equals 100 * do_100events(); * if (PAPI_accum(EventSet, values) != PAPI_OK) * handle_error(1); * // values[0] now equals 200 * values[0] = -100; * do_100events(); * if (PAPI_accum(EventSet, values) != PAPI_OK) * handle_error(1); * // values[0] now equals 0 * See Also: PAPI_accum PAPI_start PAPI_stop PAPI_reset Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for PAPI from the source code. Version 5.2.0.0 Tue Jun 17 2014 PAPI_read(3)