Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users bind 9 forwarders: use UDP or TCP? Post 302421983 by honglus on Monday 17th of May 2010 08:19:43 AM
Old 05-17-2010
bind 9 forwarders: use UDP or TCP?

I use forwarders for a subzone, but TCP 53 is blocked, So does forwarders really need TCP?
If forwaders use UDP, I can't get following scenario to work:
main zone is master, but subzone is forwad. Is it possible?
(On name sever itself, resolution of xx.stub.abc.com worked fine.)

Code:

#sub zone
zone "stub.abc.com" {
 type forward;
 forward only;
 forwarders { 1.1.1.1; };
};

#main zone
zone "abc.com" {
 type master;
};

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TCP/UDP Ports

Just starting to work with unix, wondering if there is any good on-line documentation explaining TCP/UDP ports, how to use them, etc... Thanks.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eugene_mayo
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

TCP/UDP Ports

Just wondering if anyone knows of any good on-line documentation on TCP/UDP Ports. Basically i want to know how to check if they are in use, learn how to close them, etc... Thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eugene_mayo
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what are forwarders when you talk about DNS?

i am looking to setup my own home domain name server. i am having a problem though... "forwarders" what are they? is that the space where i put my ISP's DNS ip addresses, or is it something else? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xyyz
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

3600 tcp/udp, trap-daemon, text relay-answer

3600 tcp/udp, trap-daemon, text relay-answer Does anyone know what this service is responsible for, or how significant it is? Thanks.....James (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cassj
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check the TCP/UDP port of a connection

Hi, Users are connecting thru a KCML Client to UNIX machine, and I want to know which TCP/UDP port that client uses? How can I check the port of a user logged in? Regards, Tayyab (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with named forwarders

Hello all, I'm having a problem with DNS for external websites. I'm running OpenBSD currently, for named. Internal sites are working perfectly, however if I try to get out to any outside website, it won't resolve. The results of nslookup are: My named.conf file looks like this: I've tried... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmarino713
0 Replies

7. AIX

TCP/UDP port range for default AIX NFS?

May I know what is the TCP/UCP port range for any default AIX NFS? Based on rpcinfo -p, I got the following output: program vers proto port service 100000 4 udp 111 portmapper 100000 3 udp 111 portmapper 100000 2 udp 111 portmapper 100000 4 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: famasutika
4 Replies

8. AIX

How could I enable logging of bind 9 forwarders messages?

How could I enable logging of bind 9 forwarders messages? I have the following but forwarded requests do not show up in the logs even when running named in debug 10 mode: logging { channel syslog_errors { // this channel will send errors or ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devyn
0 Replies

9. AIX

Multiple DNS forwarders and syntax question.

Hey Guy's, Is there a limit on the number of forwards that can be used or the syntax and spaces? I noticed I have to put spaces between ; and the IP for at least the first one, then space at the end to work and the rest don't work at all no matter what I try. forward first; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Devyn
1 Replies
zcons(7D)							      Devices								 zcons(7D)

NAME
zcons - Zone console device driver DESCRIPTION
The zcons character driver exports the console for system zones. The driver is comprised of two "sides:" a master side with which applica- tions in the global zone communicate, and a slave side, which receives I/O from the master side. The slave side is available in the global zones. Applications must not depend on the location of /dev or /devices entries exported by zcons. Inside a zone, the zcons slave side is fronted by /dev/console and other console-related symbolic links, which are used by applications that expect to write to the system console. The zcons driver is Sun Private, and may change in future releases. FILES
/dev/zcons/<zonename>/masterconsole Global zone master side console for zone <zonename>. /dev/zcons/<zonename>/slaveconsole Global zone slave side console for zone <zonename>. /dev/zconsole Non-global zone console (slave side). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | Interface Stability |Sun Private | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
zoneadm(1M), zonecfg(1M), attributes(5), zones(5) SunOS 5.11 24 Aug 2003 zcons(7D)