Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UltraSPARC T2 or T2+
Special Forums Hardware UltraSPARC T2 or T2+ Post 302421914 by soliberus on Monday 17th of May 2010 04:15:52 AM
Old 05-17-2010
4 cores x 0.75 = 3 licences

The T1 processor, for example, is calculated at 0.25. This means it's going to cost us more to licence our 4 core T2 than it cost us to licence our 8 core T1

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

printing with my UltraSparc

I just got an HP 1200se printer. I have it networked using a single print server, so I'd really like to get it working with my Ultra10 system. I know that there are no Solaris drivers, honestly, I don't know if HP puts out Solaris drivers for any of their stuff. This printer, and I dunno... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
2 Replies

2. UNIX Benchmarks

Sun Blade 2000 UltraSparc III Solaris 8

Sun Blade 2000 UltraSparc III Solaris 8 Notes: prtdiag: System Configuration: Sun Microsystems sun4u SUNW,Sun-Blade-1000 (UltraSPARC-III+) System clock frequency: 150 MHZ Memory size: 3GB ==================================== CPUs ==================================== ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tnorth
0 Replies

3. Solaris

440 MHz problems in UltraSparc 5 Computer

Hi all, I recently purchased a 440 MHz processor module for my Sun Ultrasparc 5 computer. I installed the module, updated the boot prom to the most recent version and when the machine starts up the initial white screen shows I have a 333 MHz processor installed ! I checked the details of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: usparche
2 Replies

4. Solaris

First posting Help :ULTRA 10 UltraSPARC-IIi 360MHZ

Hello Forum team members, I have a problem with ULTRA 10. It does not boot and just stops at this prompt. OpenBoot 3.19, 256 MB... Boot device:disk:a File and args: Need your help, Thanks in advance, Regards NV. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: narahv
7 Replies
CORE(5) 						      BSD File Formats Manual							   CORE(5)

NAME
core -- memory image file format SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> DESCRIPTION
A small number of signals which cause abnormal termination of a process also cause a record of the process's in-core state to be written to disk for later examination by one of the available debuggers. (See sigaction(2).) This memory image is written to a file named by default core.pid, where pid is the process ID of the process, in the /cores directory, provided the terminated process had write permission in the directory, and the directory existed. The maximum size of a core file is limited by setrlimit(2). Files which would be larger than the limit are not created. The core file consists of the Mach-O(5) header as described in the <mach-o/loader.h> file. The remainder of the core file consists of vari- ous sections described in the Mach-O(5) header. NOTE
Core dumps are disabled by default under Darwin/Mac OS X. To re-enable core dumps, a privileged user must do one of the following * Edit /etc/launchd.conf or $HOME/.launchd.conf and add a line specifying the limit limit core unlimited * A privileged user can also enable cores with launchctl limit core unlimited * A privileged user can also enable core files by using ulimit(1) or limit(1) depending upon the shell. SEE ALSO
gdb(1), setrlimit(2), sigaction(2), Mach-O(5), launchd.conf(5), launchd.plist(5), sysctl(8) HISTORY
A core file format appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. BSD
June 26, 2008 BSD