Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UltraSPARC T2 or T2+
Special Forums Hardware UltraSPARC T2 or T2+ Post 302421914 by soliberus on Monday 17th of May 2010 04:15:52 AM
Old 05-17-2010
4 cores x 0.75 = 3 licences

The T1 processor, for example, is calculated at 0.25. This means it's going to cost us more to licence our 4 core T2 than it cost us to licence our 8 core T1

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

printing with my UltraSparc

I just got an HP 1200se printer. I have it networked using a single print server, so I'd really like to get it working with my Ultra10 system. I know that there are no Solaris drivers, honestly, I don't know if HP puts out Solaris drivers for any of their stuff. This printer, and I dunno... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
2 Replies

2. UNIX Benchmarks

Sun Blade 2000 UltraSparc III Solaris 8

Sun Blade 2000 UltraSparc III Solaris 8 Notes: prtdiag: System Configuration: Sun Microsystems sun4u SUNW,Sun-Blade-1000 (UltraSPARC-III+) System clock frequency: 150 MHZ Memory size: 3GB ==================================== CPUs ==================================== ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tnorth
0 Replies

3. Solaris

440 MHz problems in UltraSparc 5 Computer

Hi all, I recently purchased a 440 MHz processor module for my Sun Ultrasparc 5 computer. I installed the module, updated the boot prom to the most recent version and when the machine starts up the initial white screen shows I have a 333 MHz processor installed ! I checked the details of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: usparche
2 Replies

4. Solaris

First posting Help :ULTRA 10 UltraSPARC-IIi 360MHZ

Hello Forum team members, I have a problem with ULTRA 10. It does not boot and just stops at this prompt. OpenBoot 3.19, 256 MB... Boot device:disk:a File and args: Need your help, Thanks in advance, Regards NV. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: narahv
7 Replies
gcore(1)                                                           User Commands                                                          gcore(1)

NAME
gcore - get core images of running processes SYNOPSIS
gcore [-pgF] [-o filename] [-c content] process-id... DESCRIPTION
The gcore utility creates a core image of each specified process. By default, the name of the core image file for the process whose process ID is process-id will be core.process-id. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -c content Produces core image files with the specified content. The content description uses the same tokens as in coreadm(1M). The -c option does not apply to cores produced due to the -p or -g flags. -F Force. Grabs the target process even if another process has control. -g Produces core image files in the global core file repository with the global content as configured by coreadm(1M). The com- mand will fail if the user does not have permissions to the global core file repository. -o filename Substitutes filename in place of core as the first part of the name of the core image files. filename can contain the same tokens to be expanded as the paths in coreadm(1M). -p Produces a core image file in the process-specific location with the process-specific content for each process as config- ured by coreadm(1M). The command will fail if the user does not have permissions to the per-process core file repository. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: process-id process ID EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 On success. non-zero On failure, such as non-existent process ID. FILES
core.process-id core images ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWtoo | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |See below. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ Command Syntax is Evolving. Output Format(s) are Unstable. SEE ALSO
kill(1), coreadm(1M), setrlimit(2), core(4), proc(4), attributes(5) NOTES
gcore is unaffected by the setrlimit(2) system call using the RLIMIT_CORE value. SunOS 5.10 11 Feb 2004 gcore(1)