Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Wiki conversion with Awk or Sed Post 302421908 by Franklin52 on Monday 17th of May 2010 03:59:46 AM
Old 05-17-2010
Another one with awk:
Code:
awk -F"%" '{
  for(i=2;i<NF;i+=2){
    if(i%4==0){
      $i="</font>"
    }
    else{
      $i="<font color=" tolower($i) ">"
    }
  }
}1' OFS="" file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Conversion in awk

I am porting a awk script from Windows to unix I_SALE_MEDIA=$67 if ((I_VOID_FLAG == "Y") && (I_SALE_MEDIA == 0)) NOW consider the case where I_SALE_MEDIA i.e $67 is "000" The above comparison works fine in Windows , but to make it work in Unix , I had to change the above as follows : ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohanrege
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script for date conversion

hi awk script for dd/mm/yyyy to yyyymmdd awk script for dd-mon-yyyy to yyyymmdd awk script for dd-mm-yyyy to yyyymmdd formate ..............urgent............. Thanks in advanced (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: charandevu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Currency Conversion

How can I use awk command to convert values to currency. For example I have a database like follows John:200 smith:300 kim:405 and want it to out put like this John $200.00 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3junior
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File conversion and awk

Hi Everyone, I am confused with the output of the input file and I am using below command in script to get the expected output. Also I want to add another condition using logical AND (&&) in place of $2=="L"{$4=0-$4} as $2=="L" && $3=="L" {$4=0-$4} but I am getting some awk error. Can someone... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gehlnar
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk string to number conversion

Can someone explain whats happening here: $ awk 'BEGIN {print (2.5 - 1)}' 1,5 2.5 - 1 is correctly calculated to 1,5 (using european locale) $ echo "2.5" | awk '{temp = $1 - 1; print temp}' 1 If i now pipe the string 2.5 through awk it seems at it truncates 2.5 to 2? What's the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: beow
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Most vexing: Sed or Awk scripting for date conversion needed

Hi, I have some files being sent to me that have dates in them in this format: from 1/8/2011 15:14:20 and I need the dates in this format (mysql date format) To 2011-01-08 15:14:20 all I have so far is the regexp that detects the format: sed -r -e 's@\1/\2/\3\4\5\6]::$@do... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Astrocloud
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion of line via awk or etc

Hello friends, could you help me about problem with my data lines. I suppose a simple awk code may help me. I have following data lines: (first line including 3 numbers and then a matrices of 4x10) 500 40 9 1 A B 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpf
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Decimal conversion number of the form x.xx to 0x.xx, sed?

Hello I have a file of the form ... num 0.12 num num num 25.53 num num num 7.82 num num ...... and I want to convert the 2nd field of each line adding a "0" at the numbers >= 0 and < 10 so the output will have the form: ... num 00.12 num num num 25.53 num num num 07.82 num... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: phaethon
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Numeral conversion in awk

I am running into conversion of string to numbers in awk that I can't understand and don't know how to deal with properly My script checks for numeric only field, I use this approach to do that: $1 + 0 == $1 It works most of the time, but in some cases it does not behave how I expect it to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Base64 conversion in awk overlaps

hi, problem: output is not consistent as expected using external command in AWK description: I'm trying to convert $2 into a base64 string for later decoding, and for this when I use awk , I'm getting overlapped results , or say it results are not 100% correct. my code is: gawk... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
9 Replies
UICILIBRIS(1)						      uicilibris User Manual						     UICILIBRIS(1)

NAME
uicilibris - a harvester for mediawiki contents, with LaTeX export SYNOPSIS
uicilibris uicilibris [--url=URL] DESCRIPTION
uicilibris is a harvester able to fetch contents from a mediawiki, assemble them consistently, exprt them to LaTeX format, compile the source, and deal interactively with errors. OPTIONS
--url=URL Optionnally loads the given URL (which must be in a mediawiki). When uicilibris is invoked without arguments, it enters GUI mode and accepts URLs to be dragged and dropped in its first panel tab. KNOWN BUGS
This package does not imprment a grammatical parser for mediawiki code. So it can be fooled by some particular inputs. Beware of the following: underscores in image file names should be avoided (replace them by hyphens), avoit using successive curly braces in mathemeatic formulas when these are inside mediawiki templates. Just separate consecutive braces by spaces, which does not harm for LaTeX mathematic formulas. AUTHOR
Georges Khaznadar <georgesk@ofset.org> Wrote this manpage. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Georges Khaznadar Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or (at your option) any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. uicilibris 08/24/2011 UICILIBRIS(1)