Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Wiki conversion with Awk or Sed Post 302421895 by rk4k on Monday 17th of May 2010 03:23:36 AM
Old 05-17-2010
Computer Wiki conversion with Awk or Sed

I have the words in twiki format that I want to convert to mediawiki format like below :

Code:
%BLUE%some words1%ENDCOLOR%

bla bla blab labdad sdadasd adsasdads oerdkfj kdfjs %PINK%some wordks2 123.4.5.6/26%ENDCOLOR%, ksdjak dkasjd kjfrjkfgjdkfgjdfkgjdgdfgdgf %PURPLE%1.2.3.4/28%ENDCOLOR%, dskd kjdfksjiertudfkjdk gjdkfgjdkgjdfkgjf:
<pre>
sdsa sdad asdlfkd %YELLOW%some workds3 %ENDCOLOR%255.255.255.240 %GREEN%someworkds4%ENDCOLOR%
</pre>

bla bla bla

The expected results should be like this :

Code:
<font color=blue>some words1</font>

bla bla blab labdad sdadasd adsasdads oerdkfj kdfjs <font color=pink>some wordks2 123.4.5.6/26</font>, ksdjak dkasjd kjfrjkfgjdkfgjdfkgjdgdfgdgf <font color=purple>1.2.3.4/28</font>, dskd kjdfksjiertudfkjdk gjdkfgjdkgjdfkgjf:
<pre>
sdsa sdad asdlfkd <font color=yellow>some workds3 </font>255.255.255.240 <font color=green>someworkds4</font>
</pre>

bla bla bla

I know sed or awk can do the job, but I have no idea...
This not a homework Smilie

TIA

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Conversion in awk

I am porting a awk script from Windows to unix I_SALE_MEDIA=$67 if ((I_VOID_FLAG == "Y") && (I_SALE_MEDIA == 0)) NOW consider the case where I_SALE_MEDIA i.e $67 is "000" The above comparison works fine in Windows , but to make it work in Unix , I had to change the above as follows : ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohanrege
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script for date conversion

hi awk script for dd/mm/yyyy to yyyymmdd awk script for dd-mon-yyyy to yyyymmdd awk script for dd-mm-yyyy to yyyymmdd formate ..............urgent............. Thanks in advanced (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: charandevu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Currency Conversion

How can I use awk command to convert values to currency. For example I have a database like follows John:200 smith:300 kim:405 and want it to out put like this John $200.00 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3junior
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File conversion and awk

Hi Everyone, I am confused with the output of the input file and I am using below command in script to get the expected output. Also I want to add another condition using logical AND (&&) in place of $2=="L"{$4=0-$4} as $2=="L" && $3=="L" {$4=0-$4} but I am getting some awk error. Can someone... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gehlnar
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk string to number conversion

Can someone explain whats happening here: $ awk 'BEGIN {print (2.5 - 1)}' 1,5 2.5 - 1 is correctly calculated to 1,5 (using european locale) $ echo "2.5" | awk '{temp = $1 - 1; print temp}' 1 If i now pipe the string 2.5 through awk it seems at it truncates 2.5 to 2? What's the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: beow
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Most vexing: Sed or Awk scripting for date conversion needed

Hi, I have some files being sent to me that have dates in them in this format: from 1/8/2011 15:14:20 and I need the dates in this format (mysql date format) To 2011-01-08 15:14:20 all I have so far is the regexp that detects the format: sed -r -e 's@\1/\2/\3\4\5\6]::$@do... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Astrocloud
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion of line via awk or etc

Hello friends, could you help me about problem with my data lines. I suppose a simple awk code may help me. I have following data lines: (first line including 3 numbers and then a matrices of 4x10) 500 40 9 1 A B 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpf
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Decimal conversion number of the form x.xx to 0x.xx, sed?

Hello I have a file of the form ... num 0.12 num num num 25.53 num num num 7.82 num num ...... and I want to convert the 2nd field of each line adding a "0" at the numbers >= 0 and < 10 so the output will have the form: ... num 00.12 num num num 25.53 num num num 07.82 num... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: phaethon
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Numeral conversion in awk

I am running into conversion of string to numbers in awk that I can't understand and don't know how to deal with properly My script checks for numeric only field, I use this approach to do that: $1 + 0 == $1 It works most of the time, but in some cases it does not behave how I expect it to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Base64 conversion in awk overlaps

hi, problem: output is not consistent as expected using external command in AWK description: I'm trying to convert $2 into a base64 string for later decoding, and for this when I use awk , I'm getting overlapped results , or say it results are not 100% correct. my code is: gawk... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
9 Replies
RDUP-UP(1)							       rdup								RDUP-UP(1)

NAME
rdup-up - update a directory tree with a rdup archive SYNOPSIS
rdup-up [OPTION]... DIRECTORY DESCRIPTION
With rdup-up you can update an (possibly) existing directory structure with a rdup archive. The rdup archive has to be given to rdup-up's standard input. Username and uids rdup outputs both the username and uid, the receiving system (which may be a totally different system) checks if the username and uid match. If the username and uid don't match the (numeric) uid is used on the file. The same holds true for the groupname and gid. OPTIONS
-n Do a dry-run and do not create anything on disk. -t Create DIRECTORY (ala mkdir -p) if it does not exist. -s N Strip N path components from a pathname. If the resulting pathname is empty after this operation it is skipped. Be careful however with the following structure: /foo /foo/bar /foo/bar/bla.txt /foo/blork/bla.txt With rdup-up -s2 this will leave: <empty> <empty> /bla.txt /bla.txt And the last 'bla.txt' will overwrite the previous one, this will happen without warnings. -r PATH This option is related to the -s option, but works different. The string PATH is removed from (the beginning of) each pathname. With -r /home/backup the pathname /home/backup/bin/mycmd becomes /bin/mycmd. The same could be done with -s 2, but then you need to count the slashes. Note -s is always performed before -r. -v Be more verbose and echo the processed files to standard output. -vv Be even more verbose and echo processed file and the uid and gid information to standard output. -T Show a table of contents of the rdup stream received (ala tar -tf -). With -T the directory argument is optional. -T unsets any verbose (-v) options. -h A short help message. -V Show the version. EXIT CODE
rdup-up return a zero exit code on success, otherwise 1 is returned. AUTHOR
Written by Miek Gieben. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <miek@miek.nl>. SEE ALSO
http:/www.miek.nl/projects/rdup/ is the main site of rdup. Also see rdup(1), rdup-tr(1) and rdup-backups(7). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005-2010 Miek Gieben. This is free software. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Licensed under the GPL version 3. See the file LICENSE in the source distribution of rdup. 1.1.11 13 Dec 2008 RDUP-UP(1)