Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX xntpd starts after reboot only when HACMP services are started ? Post 302421606 by shockneck on Saturday 15th of May 2010 05:14:57 AM
Old 05-15-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilius
[...]Running AIX 6.1, AIX machine is HACMP node.
Recently I set up ntp service. [...] xntpd starts automatically only after cluster services are started.[...]
Depending on the cluster setup there is no IP address active after node boot that could be used by xntpd. Service IP labels are active only after a Resource Group came online and so are the corresponding routes. Make xntpd use the nodeīs Persistent Address.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command xntpd

Hi: I,am trying syncronise clock, but i canīt do it In the server client put: /etc/ntp.conf -> server namehost -> resolver /etc/xntpres /etc/tcp -> uncoment lines when say Xntpd /etc/ xntpd In the server as server clock: /etc/ntp.conf -> peers hostname if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AlvaroD
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Services not started - HELP!!!!

Yesterday, we had an outage and Solaris 8 Sunfirer Server. Now today we can telnet, ftp or rhost in the server. We are getting error message connection refused for each connection. Is there any other way to get into box to see what is going on with the services? Please advise ASAP (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cassy
4 Replies

3. AIX

services persistant across reboot

Hi, I am nerw to AIX. how can i make certain services to be persistant across reboot,similar to "chkconfig" in linux. Thanks, amit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit4g
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

Services persistant across reboot

Hi All, I need to run a daemon which should start automatically during reboot. which all files i need to alter/modify ? /etc/inittab ? Thanks, Amit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amit4g
1 Replies

5. AIX

HACMP does not start db2 after failover (db2nodes not getting modified by hacmp)

hi, when I do a failover, hacmp always starts db2 but recently it fails to start db2..noticed the issue is db2nodes.cfg is not modified by hacmp and is still showing primary node..manually changed the node name to secondary after which db2 started immediately..unable to figure out why hacmp is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkr747
4 Replies

6. AIX

Thoughts on HACMP: Automatic start of cluster services

Hi all, I remember way back in some old environment, having the HA cluster services not being started automatically at startup, ie. no entry in /etc/inittab. I remember reason was (taken a 2 node active/passive cluster), to avoid having a backup node being booted, so that it will not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaxxon
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to write a shell script that starts one, then kills it, then starts another?

This is on a CentOS box, I have two scripts that need to run in order. I want to write a shell script that calls the first script, lets it run and then terminates it after a certain number of hours (that I specify of course), and then calls the second script (they can't run simultaneously) which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: btramer
3 Replies

8. Linux

Application services not starting with server reboot

Hi All, My application uses three different sub-services to make complete application up and running to normal. The entry of all the three services are present in /etc/init.d directory with proper softlink created to application home path where it actually exists. In one rare case one of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hk_kamozalwar
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Lot of services in non-global zones, in uninitialized after reboot

Hello, This is Solaris-10 server, running with 4 non-global zones. This server was hung today and I had to reboot it forcefully from console. Then root file-system was not clean and I had to run fsck from failsafe mode. After it came back in run-level-3, lot of services are showing in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inotifywait restart script prevents reboot when started

Hi, maybe someone could help me optimizing this little script. It works so far, but when running, reboot does not work. If kill inotifywait reboot from shell works. I think some optimization is required here. This script starts at the end of the boot process, from an external device and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
3 Replies
clusvcmgrd(8)						       Red Hat Cluster Suite						     clusvcmgrd(8)

NAME
rgmanager - Resource Group (Cluster Service) Manager Daemon DESCRIPTION
rgmanager handles management of user-defined cluster services (also known as resource groups). This includes handling of user requests including service start, service disable, service relocate, and service restart. The service manager daemon also handles restarting and relocating services in the event of failures. HOW IT WORKS
The service manager is spawned by an init script after the cluster infrastructure has been started and only functions when the cluster is quorate and locks are working. During initialization, the service manager runs scripts which ensure that all services are clear to be started. After that, it determines which services need to be started and starts them. When an event is received, members which are no longer online have their services taken away from them. The event should only occur in the case that the member has been fenced whenever fencing is available. When a cluster member determines that it is no longer in the cluster quorum, the service manager stops all services and waits for a new quorum to form. COMMAND LINE OPTIONS
-f Run in the foreground (do not fork). -d Enable debug-level logging. -w Disable internal process monitoring (for debugging). -N Do not perform stop-before-start. Combined with the -Z flag to clusvcadm, this can be used to allow rgmanager to be upgraded with- out stopping a given user service or set of services. SEE ALSO
clusvcadm(8) Jan 2005 clusvcmgrd(8)