Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Microphone doesn't work in Ubuntu 10.04 Post 302421587 by i2000s on Friday 14th of May 2010 09:37:51 PM
Old 05-14-2010
thanks!
I will have a try and report the result later Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why doesn't this work?

cat .servers | while read LINE; do ssh jason@$LINE $1 done exit 1 ./command.ksh "ls -l ~jason" Why does this ONLY iterate on the first server in the list? It's not doing the command on all the servers in the list, what am I missing? Thanks! JP (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpeery
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script doesn't work, but commands inside work

Howdie everyone... I have a shell script RemoveFiles.sh Inside this file, it only has two commands as below: rm -f ../../reportToday/temp/* rm -f ../../report/* My problem is that when i execute this script, nothing happened. Files remained unremoved. I don't see any error message as it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheongww
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk -v -- Why doesn't my example work?

Hi. I've been playing around a bit. This isn't for any practical purpose-- it's really just a theoretical exercise. I wrote this little thing: foreach num ( 6 5 4 ) awk -v "number=$num" 'BEGIN{for(x=0;x<$number;x++) printf "-"; printf "\n"}' end I would expect the following output: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP: If Doesn't Work in AWK

Hi! I have a somehow big file (almost 3000 lines long and thirteen columns). Some lines have no value at all or, at least, are incomplete. The columns' values that have no data are marked with a "-" and the corresponding line (the line that owns that value) should be discarded and not used. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcelo de Brit
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command works on Fedora/Ubuntu, but doesn't work in Mac

Hi, I have a question. I define a function using sed command: replace() { searchterm=$1 replaceterm=$2 sed -e "s/$searchterm/$replaceterm/ig" $3 > $WORK'tempfile.tmp' mv $WORK'tempfile.tmp' $3 } Then I call replace 'test = 0' 'test = 1' $myfileThis code works well in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dark2Bright
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command works on Fedora/Ubuntu, but doesn't work in Mac

Hi, I have a question. I define a function using sed command: replace() { searchterm=$1 replaceterm=$2 sed -e "s/$searchterm/$replaceterm/ig" $3 > $WORK'tempfile.tmp' mv $WORK'tempfile.tmp' $3 } Then I call replace 'test = 0' 'test = 1' $myfile This code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dark2Bright
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why doesn't this work?

find . -name "05_scripts" -type d -exec mv -f {}/'*.aep\ Logs' {}/.LogFiles \; Returns this failure: mv: rename ./019_0120_WS_WH_gate_insideTEST/05_scripts/*.aep\ Logs to ./019_0120_WS_WH_gate_insideTEST/05_scripts/.LogFiles/*.aep\ Logs: No such file or directory I don't know why it's trying... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scribling
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How come this if statement doesn't work?

greetings, the following code isn't working as i expect it to. the first dbl brackets do but the second set gets ignored. ie: if i'm on t70c6n229 it echoes "Something" and i expect it not to. what am i missing? if " ]] || " ]]; then echo "Something" fi thanx! (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimso
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why my awk doesn't work?

root@SDP_Wildcat_Pass-3-C1:~# cat /proc/driver/rtc rtc_time : 05:29:40 rtc_date : 2014-12-19 alrm_time : 01:51:53 alrm_date : 2014-12-20 alarm_IRQ : no alrm_pending : no update IRQ enabled : no periodic IRQ enabled : no periodic IRQ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

-ne 0 doesn't work -le does

Hi, I am using korn shell. until ] do echo "\$# = " $# echo "$1" shift done To the above script, I passed 2 parameters and the program control doesn't enter inside "until" loop. If I change it to until ] then it does work. Why numeric comparison is not working with -ne and works... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab_2010
3 Replies
SPEAKER-TEST(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   SPEAKER-TEST(1)

NAME
speaker-test - command-line speaker test tone generator for ALSA SYNOPSIS
speaker-test [-options] DESCRIPTION
speaker-test generates a tone that can be used to test the speakers of a computer. speaker-test by default will test the default device. If you want to test another sound device you will have first to get a list of all of the sound cards in your system and the devices associated with those cards. Notice that there might be for example, one device for analog sound, one for digital sound and one for HDMI sound. To get the list of available cards and devices you can run aplay -L. $ aplay -L null Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture) default:CARD=ICH5 Intel ICH5, Intel ICH5 Default Audio Device front:CARD=ICH5,DEV=0 Intel ICH5, Intel ICH5 Front speakers surround40:CARD=ICH5,DEV=0 Intel ICH5, Intel ICH5 4.0 Surround output to Front and Rear speakers (...) in the above example, there are four devices listed: null, default, front and surround40. So, if you want to test the last device you can run speaker-test -Dsurround40:ICH5 -c 6. The -c option will indicate that the six audio channels in the device have to be tested. OPTIONS
-c | --channels NUM NUM channels in stream -D | --device NAME PCM device name NAME -f | --frequency FREQ sine wave of FREQ Hz --help Print usage help -b | --buffer TIME Use buffer size of TIME microseconds. When 0 is given, use the maximal buffer size. The default value is 0. -p | --period TIME Use period size of TIME microseconds. When 0 is given, the periods given by -P option is used. The default value is 0. -P | --nperiods PERIODS Use number of periods. The default value is 4. -r | --rate RATE stream of RATE Hz -t | --test pink|sine|wav -t pink means use pink noise (default). Pink noise is perceptually uniform noise -- that is, it sounds like every frequency at once. If you can hear any tone it may indi- cate resonances in your speaker system or room. -t sine means to use sine wave. -t wav means to play WAV files, either pre-defined files or given via -w option. You can pass the number from 1 to 3 as a backward compatibility. -l | --nloops COUNT Specifies the number of loops. Zero means to run infinitely. When -s option below with a valid channel is given, speaker-test will perform always a single-shot without looping. -s | --speaker CHANNEL Do a single-shot speaker test for the given channel. The channel number starts from 1. The channel number corresponds to left, right, rear-left, rear-right, center, LFE, side-left, side-right, and so on. For example, when 1 is passed, it tests the left channel only once rather than both channels with looping. -w | --wavfile Use the given WAV file for the playback instead of pre-defined WAV files. -W | --wavdir Specify the directory containing WAV files for playback. The default path is /usr/share/sounds/alsa. USAGE EXAMPLES
Produce stereo sound from one stereo jack: speaker-test -Dplug:front -c2 Produce 4 speaker sound from two stereo jacks: speaker-test -Dplug:surround40 -c4 Produce 5.1 speaker sound from three stereo jacks: speaker-test -Dplug:surround51 -c6 To send a nice low 75Hz tone to the Woofer and then exit without touching any other speakers: speaker-test -Dplug:surround51 -c6 -s1 -f75 To do a 2-speaker test using the spdif (coax or optical) output: speaker-test -Dplug:spdif -c2 SEE ALSO
aplay(1) AUTHOR
The speaker-test program was written by James Courtier-Dutton. Pink noise support was added by Nathan Hurst. Further extensions by Takashi Iwai. speaker-test April 2nd, 2011 SPEAKER-TEST(1)