Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to write a new line to the end of the file in Perl? Post 302421562 by pseudocoder on Friday 14th of May 2010 06:59:07 PM
Old 05-14-2010
Not sure if I got you, hope this is what you were searching:
Code:
    $string =`cat test.dat | grep  test`;
    $ofile='/home/run/pretest.log';
    io('write',$ofile,\ $string);

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar: write error unexpected end of file

Hi, I have attempted to backup some database files on my company's Solaris machine about 3 times now. Each time that I attempt the backup, about 6 files are evident on the dat tape when I do read of the media and then I see the dreaded "tar: write error unexpected EOF" message. Each time that I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robyn
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl -write values in a file to @array in perl

Hi can anyone suggest me how to write a file containing values,... say 19 20 21 22 .. 40 to an array @array = (19, 20, ... 40) -- Thanks (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: meghana
27 Replies

3. Programming

concatinate all lines from second line to end of line in perl

I have datafile like ~dta.yunm shhshsgggssssjsksjs sggsjshsjsjssss shshshhshshshs i wish to take only first line and all other lines in concatenated form in second line what should I do??? output like ~dta.yunm shhshsgggssssjsksjssggsjshsjsjssssshshshhshshshs please tell me how... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sujit_singh
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write a new entry at the beginning of a log file instead of at the end?

Hi Ladies and Gents, Explanation of my question with an example: Let's consider the script: backup_every_hour.sh #!/bin/bash rsync -auv $dir $backup_dir >> backup_every_hour_script.log Each time this script is called there will be a new entry at the end of the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freddie50
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding tab/new line at the end of each line of a file

Hello Everyone, I need a help from experts of this community regarding one of the issue that I am facing with shell scripting. My requirement is to append char's at the end of each line of a file. The char that will be appended is variable and will be passed through command line. The... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sourav Das
20 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Write to a file

Hai #!user/bin/perl -------- -------- print("$line.......\n"); ------- ------ I want to write inside $line into a file like run.log How i can pleasw tel me Thanks kiran (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran425
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

With script bash, read file line per line starting at the end

Hello, I'm works on Ubuntu server My goal : I would like to read file line per line, but i want to started at the end of file. Currently, I use instructions : while read line; do COMMAND done < /var/log/apache2/access.log But, the first line, i don't want this. The file is long... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fuziion
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing string from last field of the nth line of file to start (or end) of each line (awk I think)

My file (the output of an experiment) starts off looking like this, _____________________________________________________________ Subjects incorporated to date: 001 Data file started on machine PKSHS260-05CP ********************************************************************** Subject 1,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: samonl
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl to extract values and print at end of each line

In the below perl I am trying to extract and print the values AF1=, the GT value, and F or QUAL diveded by 33 (rounded to the nearest whole #). The GT value is at the end after the GT:PL so all the possibilities are read into a hash h, then depending on the value that is in the line the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

File write begin/end, recording time

Hello all, How can I find out the start and end of the writing file in the directory or recording time for writing file? I have a directory where small ~ 1*MB temporary files are written. After the end of the record, they are retrieved and erased. I can only find out that the files are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrAibo
4 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)