Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Time In Ubuntu
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Time In Ubuntu Post 302421550 by Corona688 on Friday 14th of May 2010 04:50:09 PM
Old 05-14-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallace
I ran the strace, and didn't see anything odd.
Not looking for odd things, looking for what system call the clock program was freezing on, i.e. the very last one.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Would like to install x86 desktop Ubuntu over AMD64 Ubuntu server

My intention was to build a dual boot XP Pro 64 and Ubuntu media server. I had installed the AMD64 version of Ubuntu 8.10 server and thought that I would be able to install Apache server. I need a GUI to work in. I tried to boot and install Mythbuntu 32 bit 8.10, but my machine now won't recognize... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: docflyboy
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

First Time Linux(Ubuntu) user, Installing

I want to install ubuntu on a seperate hard drive. I have two 500gb sata drives with XP on sata 0,0 and like to install ubuntu on the other sata 1,1. A few questions: Will this work? Can I unplug the XP drive and boot up with ubuntu to 1,1? If that works, how can I boot to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwainbar
6 Replies

3. Ubuntu

[UBUNTU] mount.nfs fails in Ubuntu / Works on Red Hat!!!

Gurus, I want log in locally to my Lucid (10.04) workstation and have my code saved over the network on my samba account At work, all developers have samba user ids and when we were running Red Hat, we went thru the following procedure to get setup. * open a shell session to NFS server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

What time did Ubuntu installed on machine?

How can I learn what time OS installed time and release information. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setting up ubuntu server as real time

0 down vote favorite share share share Let's solve my case please, it's urgent I have installed ubuntu server 11.04 on a machine with size 4GB. As, the ubuntu server 11.04 does not support real time kernel by default, I ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr_mabuse
0 Replies

6. Ubuntu

How to Get Started on Ubuntu Desktop for the first time

Hello Everyone, I have been using RHEL from quite a while now on server system, but now i also want to use Linux as my Desktop/Laptop OS on my personal computer. So i downloaded the Ubuntu 12.04 yeserday as i have read alot about it being the most popular Linux Desktop OS. So guys could you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rohit Bhanot
1 Replies
POW(3)							   BSD Library Functions Manual 						    POW(3)

NAME
pow -- power function SYNOPSIS
#include <math.h> double pow(double x, double y); long double powl(long double x, long double y); float powf(float x, float y); DESCRIPTION
The pow() functions compute x raised to the power y. SPECIAL VALUES
pow(+-0, y) returns +-infinity and raises the "divide-by-zero" floating-point exception for y an odd integer < 0. pow(+-0, y) returns +infinity and raises the "divide-by-zero" floating-point exception for y < 0 and not an odd integer. pow(+-0, y) returns +-0 for y an odd integer > 0. pow(+-0, y) returns +0 for y > 0 and not an odd integer. pow(-1, +-infinity) returns 1. pow(1, y) returns 1 for any y, even a NaN. pow(x, +-0) returns 1 for any x, even a NaN. pow(x, y) returns a NaN and raises the "invalid" floating-point exception for finite x < 0 and finite non-integer y. pow(x, -infinity) returns +infinity for |x| < 1. pow(x, -infinity) returns +0 for |x| > 1. pow(x, +infinity) returns +0 for |x| < 1. pow(x, +infinity) returns +infinity for |x| > 1. pow(-infinity, y) returns -0 for y an odd integer < 0. pow(-infinity, y) returns +0 for y < 0 and not an odd integer. pow(-infinity, y) returns -infinity for y an odd integer > 0. pow(-infinity, y) returns +infinity for y > 0 and not an odd integer. pow(+infinity, y) returns +0 for y < 0. pow(+infinity, y) returns +infinity for y > 0. A domain error occurs if x is finite and negative and y is finite and not an integer. A domain error can occur if x is 0 and y less than or equal to 0. Range errors may occur. VECTOR OPERATIONS
If you need to apply the pow() functions to SIMD vectors or arrays, using the following functions provided by the Accelerate.framework may give significantly better performance: #include <Accelerate/Accelerate.h> vFloat vpowf(vFloat x, vFloat y); vFloat vpowf(vFloat x, vSInt32 y); void vvpowf(float *z, const float *y, const float *x, const int *n); void vvpow(double *z, const double *y, const double *x, const int *n); void vvpowsf(float *z, const float *y, const float *x, const int *n); void vvpows(double *z, const double *y, const double *x, const int *n); SEE ALSO
exp(3) math(3) STANDARDS
The pow() function conforms to ISO/IEC 9899:2011. 4th Berkeley Distribution December 11, 2006 4th Berkeley Distribution