Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris DNS resolv problem for some domains Post 302421539 by binover on Friday 14th of May 2010 03:56:45 PM
Old 05-14-2010
DNS resolv problem for some domains

Hi guys,
I just got a new job. I'm working in an ISP and Datacenter, we have 2 DNS servers, a LINUX (primary), and a SUNOS (secondary). A few days ago we had an issue with some non-authoritative domains(not all, just some) in the SUNOS that can't be resolved.

The same domain in the LINUX box is resolved without no problem.*To be honest, this is the fist time I use SUNOS and I'm lost. Could you guys guide me a little?
Thank you!
--
This is who nslookup looks like
Code:
nslookup 
> server ns2.dnsserver.com
Default server: ns2.dnsserver.com
Address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx#53
> set q=any
> domain.co.nz
Server:        ns2.dnsserver.com
Address:    xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx#53

** server can't find domain.co.nz: NXDOMAIN

The same with ns1.dnsserver.com is resolved like a champ.

Thanks!

Last edited by Scott; 05-14-2010 at 07:33 PM.. Reason: Code tags, please...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dns and resolv.conf

Hi ,,still struggling with unix ,,the system is running sco openserver release 5 and have dsl installed ,, the dsl modem is a bt router which in turn is connected to a vpn hardware router,, which also serves internet to the whole network ,, but i still cant connect to the internet via the unix box... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: b03der
10 Replies

2. News, Links, Events and Announcements

DNS Free for Five Domains

We have had a great experience recently with these folks: http://www.zoneedit.com/ and highly recommend them. You can set up and manage the DNS for five free domains there, both primary and secondary. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

DNS Problem

Hello Everyone, I am working on a HP-Unix machine and I am trying to get it to use the University's DNS servers. Long story short... the resolv.conf file is ok : nameserver 149.150.51.1 nameserver 149.150.51.2 search shu.edu The hosts file is ok. And when I make the nsswitch.conf file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: loslappy
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

wierd Blue Quartz GUI problem with Virtual domains

Hi all Sorry this will turn out to be a long post since the code is kinda long. I have a centos 4.x box running Blue Quartz management system. I manage like 70 virtual domains on this server. I asked this question at the Blue Quartz Forum site NuOnce Networks / Cobalt - BlueQuartz - CentOS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mcraul
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Mail Problem. Maybe, it is a DNS Problem!

Hi, i've a redhat linux 9 upadated by redhat from 7 version to 9 version. A couple of days ago i was a problem with my mail, in other words i'm not able to get any email nor to send any email. I've a proxy configuration and i tried to set iptables in order to verify the port. The 110,255 and 995... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pintalgi
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve all DNS zones (domains) from local server

Hello, I am trying to retrieve all DNS zones from the local bind server without parsing the /var/named folder, removing .db from the zone file names and the special zones files. I am looking for some kind of named, dig etc command that would retrieve all domains from the server eventually with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AndyB78
2 Replies

7. AIX

resolv.conf and DNS configration

Guys, I have enabled the resolv.conf to be configured with our DNS Network and it's configured when I ping any hostname in my Network from the server it's giving me the hostname of that machine (witch mean it's working fine ) but I‘m facing slowness in my connection when I rename... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
13 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Samba in multiple domains problem

Hello all. I'm hoping you can help with a problem I'm having with Samba. I have Samba running on a Solaris host. All of my users authenticate against the same domain, but some of my users are using PCs on a different domain. When the users whose PCs are on a different domain try to connect to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: trouphaz
0 Replies

9. IP Networking

DNS problem?

I uploaded a new domain and I am having problems with the paths... Works..shop.mydomain.com/index.php?main_page=contact. Does Not Work..shop.mydomain.com/contact/. copied the entire directory from a working directory and changed the appropriate paths where necessary (as usual) so ...? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tifischer
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DNS server - /etc/resolv.conf file issue

Hi, Am trying to configure DNS server and trying to keep the information in /etc/resolv.conf file as: search server nameserver 192.168.0.10 when i restart the network service with #service network restart, resolv.conf file is changing as: nameserver 192.168.0.10 search server -... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raosr020
5 Replies