Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to escape dollar in unixcommand Post 302421513 by phoenix_nebula on Friday 14th of May 2010 01:30:41 PM
Old 05-14-2010
how to escape dollar in unixcommand

i have

Code:
my @tmp = `egrep 'jpg$|gif$' output.txt`;

perl assumes $ as a variable;
i tried escaping but failed please help me

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using $ dollar symbal as text

All, How can I get unix to handle the symbol $ as text rather than thinking its a variable value. e.g When calling a sql script from unix: exec SQL_PACKAGE('OPS$JOHN.EMP') where OPS$JOHN is the owner of the table ($JOHN is not a variable!) Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramit
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum Dollar Amounts

I get a transaction file and I need to sum two of the columns. I each record I get a debit(D) or credit(C) indicator. Then I get an amount field. I need to sum the total dollar value of debits and credits. I know I can loop through each record and get the sum total but is there a better way with... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
7 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

65 thousand dollar question

I was just a-wondering through some hardware and software sites, and in one of them, I was scrolling down a UNIX os page when I noticed that the prices for these OS's were climbing alarmingly high; in the 5 to 10 G's. Imagine my surprise when I saw one particular UNIX os selling for 65 freakin'... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mud
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in dollar substitution

Hi, I have a problem in dollar substitution:- $ csv1="first_csv" $ csvnumber=1 $ echo {csv$csvnumber} {csv1} $ echo "${csv$csvnumber}" bad substitution I want first_csv...why is it not working thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scripter12
2 Replies

5. AIX

Implementing PowerVM without spending a single dollar

Hi experts. I want to setup a training lab. I have a Power 5 standalone server 9110-51A (p5 510) I want to enable PowerVM on it and create two LPARs I don't have money for an HMC I know I can use IVM instead I understand IVM is part of the VIOS software TWO QUESTIONS: 1- If... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: livehho
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto escape script to escape special chars in script args

This is a bit off the wall, but I often need to run scripts where there are argument values that contain special characters. For example, $ ./process.exe -t M -N -o temp.mol.s -i ../molfiles/N,N\',N\'\'-trimethylbis\(hexamethylene\)triamine.mol && sfile_space_to_tab.sh temp.mol.s temp.s It... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep and dollar command

Hello there, first of all, don't hesitate to notify me if I misbehave. I'm a newbe in the use of this site, and in unix too (in english as well :-) Well, if someone hat a little time to waste, could he explain to me this strange behavior. I'm using ksh under AIX. cdeset=$(su - db2inst1 -c... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: skitoc
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dollar symbol in Shell Script Variable

Hi, I am working on PGP encryption. I am getting public keys from some file. One of the key has dollar sign in it "$" Example: "abc$123" echo 'passphrase='$passphrase --> Giving correct value abc$123 But if I use $passphrase in PGP command getting Invalid passphrase error. If I... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sreehari
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignore dollar value in sed

Hi Guys, I need to replace the string based on specific value by keeping dollar sign input=$1 var=$(echo "@code_temp_table_$value_table"| sed -r "s/\@code/${input}/;s/(nz|sa)_\$value_/\$value1_\1_/" ) Expected if input=nz,sa then nz_temp_table_$value1_table else if any other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Master_Mind
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)