Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Switching between sessions
Operating Systems Solaris Switching between sessions Post 302421438 by pupp on Friday 14th of May 2010 09:52:57 AM
Old 05-14-2010
how exactly did your session terminate? was there a network issue? how are you rolling out your java code (hopefully with a red carpet Smilie ) ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C programming sessions

Hey guys, i'm in trouble, i'm high school teacher, and a student ask me for help, he want's to know where he can study C language for his application exam. Somebody could help us? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eleia
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

su (switching to other user)

Hi, what is the use of the double quotes and !! in the following code segment: su - user1 << ""!! > /dev/null 2>&1 echo "welcome user1" EOF !! also what is the difference between below: su - user1 << ""!! > /dev/null 2>&1 and su - $USER << ""!!!> /dev/null 2>&1. Note: $USER =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bjagadeesh
1 Replies

3. Linux

Switching from one DNS to another

Hi all, we have running some linux servers with sles9 and we have some problems with our dns servers. Sometimes they don't like to work. However, is there a parameter to enable faster switching between two ore more dns servers? Thx for your help in front Regards frank (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ortsvorsteher
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script : How many sessions are there ?

Hi everybody, I need a script that shows the total number of sessions there are ... This shows how many sessions are open... echo "Number of open sessions: " w | grep :0 | wc | awk '{print $1} But how can I see how many sessions there are in total?? I hope someone can help me... ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xaviraan
3 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

vt switching

greetings, i hope this hasn't been covered previously. has anyone heard of a .kext or daemon that would allow linux or (open)solaris-like vt switching? googling didn't help much.. i know os x allows a '>console' login from loginwindow.app, but i'm mainly interested in this because there are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bamdad
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I-node and sessions

I have a program (written by me, for educational purposes) called "analyzer". The program takes a parameter, a filename, and does some statistics on it (for example, word's number, line's number, ... ) at regular intervals. My teacher told me that if the file is edited while the "analyzer" is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hurricane
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kill sessions

Hi , I am connecting to the linux redhat machine as user : APPS I would like to know how i can kill -9 , all APPS sessions beside me . Please advice Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
2 Replies

8. Solaris

The switching in the different AP's

HI, I am using the windows 2003 server R2 in there we are using the putty as to access the different AP's now from the primary AP i want to login to several different AP's using a script what the script will do is :- input a text file in which list of different ap's and the corresponding... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amiglani
0 Replies

9. HP-UX

Idle sessions.

What kind of problems can be faced if any session which connects to unix server is open for longer time? How to find out from how much time that session is idle? :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anandgodse
1 Replies

10. Programming

Switching over to C++

Hi, We've been using a perl script to extract datas from several logs to generate a report. I've been asked to rewrite the code in C++. I want to know if it is wise to have a code in C++ and will it be more faster than Perl? (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ribosome
23 Replies
appender_type_rollingfile.h(3)					       log4c					    appender_type_rollingfile.h(3)

NAME
appender_type_rollingfile.h - Log4c rolling file appender interface. SYNOPSIS
#include <log4c/defs.h> #include <log4c/appender.h> #include <log4c/rollingpolicy.h> Functions LOG4C_API rollingfile_udata_t * rollingfile_make_udata (void) LOG4C_API int rollingfile_udata_set_logdir (rollingfile_udata_t *rfudatap, char *logdir) LOG4C_API int rollingfile_udata_set_files_prefix (rollingfile_udata_t *rfudatap, char *prefix) LOG4C_API int rollingfile_udata_set_policy (rollingfile_udata_t *rfudatap, log4c_rollingpolicy_t *policyp) LOG4C_API const char * rollingfile_udata_get_logdir (rollingfile_udata_t *rfudatap) LOG4C_API const char * rollingfile_udata_get_files_prefix (rollingfile_udata_t *rfudatap) LOG4C_API long rollingfile_get_current_file_size (rollingfile_udata_t *rfudatap) Variables __LOG4C_BEGIN_DECLS LOG4C_API const log4c_appender_type_t log4c_appender_type_rollingfile Detailed Description Log4c rolling file appender interface. The rolling file appender implements a logging mechanism of a list of files up to a maximum number. The files are written by default to the current directory with logging names folowing the pattern log.1, log.2 etc. These parameters may be changed using the appropriate setter functions. If the appender fails to open logfiles for writing then the messages are logged to stderr--it will continue to try to open the zero-th file for writing at rollover events so if it succeeds at some point to open that file the messages will start to appear therein and will no longer be sent to stderr. Switching from logging from one file to the next is referred to as a 'rollover event'. The policy that determines when a rollover event should happen is called a 'rolling policy'. A mechanism is provided to allow different rolling policies to be defined. Log4c ships with (and defaults to) the classic size-window rollover policy: this triggers rollover when files reach a maximum size. The first file in the list is always the current file; when a rollover event occurs files are shifted up by one position in the list--if the number of files in the list has already reached the max then the oldest file is rotated out of the window. See the documentation in the rollingpolicy_type_sizewin.h file for more details on the size-win rollover policy. Function Documentation LOG4C_API long rollingfile_get_current_file_size (rollingfile_udata_t *rfudatap) Get the prefix string in this rolling file appender configuration. Parameters: rfudatap the rolling file appender configuration object. Returns: the current size of the file being logged to. LOG4C_API rollingfile_udata_t* rollingfile_make_udata (void) Get a new rolling file appender configuration object. Returns: a new rolling file appender configuration object, otherwise NULL. LOG4C_API const char* rollingfile_udata_get_files_prefix (rollingfile_udata_t *rfudatap) Get the prefix string in this rolling file appender configuration. Parameters: rfudatap the rolling file appender configuration object. Returns: the prefix. LOG4C_API const char* rollingfile_udata_get_logdir (rollingfile_udata_t *rfudatap) Get the logging directory in this rolling file appender configuration. Parameters: rfudatap the rolling file appender configuration object. Returns: the logging directory. LOG4C_API int rollingfile_udata_set_files_prefix (rollingfile_udata_t *rfudatap, char *prefix) Set the prefix string in this rolling file appender configuration. Parameters: rfudatap the rolling file appender configuration object. prefix the logging files prfix to use. Returns: zero if successful, non-zero otherwise. LOG4C_API int rollingfile_udata_set_logdir (rollingfile_udata_t *rfudatap, char *logdir) Set the logging directory in this rolling file appender configuration. Parameters: rfudatap the rolling file appender configuration object. logdir the logging directory to set. Returns: zero if successful, non-zero otherwise. LOG4C_API int rollingfile_udata_set_policy (rollingfile_udata_t *rfudatap, log4c_rollingpolicy_t *policyp) Set the rolling policy in this rolling file appender configuration. Parameters: rfudatap the rolling file appender configuration object. policyp the logging files prfix to use. Returns: zero if successful, non-zero otherwise. Variable Documentation __LOG4C_BEGIN_DECLS LOG4C_API const log4c_appender_type_t log4c_appender_type_rollingfile rollingfile appender type definition. This should be used as a parameter to the log4c_appender_set_type() routine to set the type of the appender. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for log4c from the source code. Version 1.2.1 Mon May 2 2011 appender_type_rollingfile.h(3)