Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to assign record count output of isql to a shell variable ? Post 302421431 by vikram3.r on Friday 14th of May 2010 09:40:54 AM
Old 05-14-2010
How to assign record count of isql output to a shell variable ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyadhar85
Code:
variable=`isql << eof
select count(*) from Table
eof`

Actually with this option, the variable gets the value like '(1 row affected)' or '(0 rows affected)'. But i need only the exact record count. How to achieve this..?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to assign an output to a variable

Hi, I am giving a grep command, and i am getting the output. i want to store it in a variable for eg a = grep '12345' /dir/1/2/log.txt ( the output is number) b= grep 'basic' /dir/1/2/log1.txt (in this case the output is character) so how to assign the output of grep to a variable ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasikaran
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to assign sql output data to shell script variable

Hi Guys ! I am new to unix and want to find out how we can make sql statement data to shell script variable? Any help/suggestion is greatly appreciated -Chandra (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kattics
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting value of Shell variable from within ISQL

Hi Guys, Need help. I am using ISQL inside a shell script. Is there a way to set the value of shell script variable from inside the ISQL code. I do not want to write the results from the SQL to an output file. Please let me know. Regards, Tipsy. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tipsy
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with Isql record count

What I am trying to do is check if the database query returned any records. If no records returned then output a message else output results to a file. Right now if I take out the if and else statements the code runs fine and sends the email. If no records returned the email sends the column... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnu122
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting variable for query using iSql / Korn Shell

Hi All- First time using iSql. I have 4 query files - some have more than 1 line of sql statements After a bit of research it appears I can just use the -i command and specify the input file. Questions: Does it matter that there are multiple queries in each file? Do I need to have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cailet
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign perl output to ksh shell variable

Hello, I am writing a ksh script on an AIX system. I need to get the date and time from a file into a variable. I found the following perl script from another post on this site and modified it slightly to output the format I need: perl -e '@d=localtime ((stat(shift)));... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: swimp
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to use shell variable in isql

Hi , I want to use shell variable in isql. example.. $ksh ./sudh.ksh "2041qwer" sudh.ksh is my script passing the perameter "2041qwer" Code in my script : =========== $SYBASE/$SYBASE_OCS/bin/isql -I$SYBASE/interfaces -S$OTHRSRVR -U$SYBUSER -P$SYBPASS -w... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhakarpasala
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to assign value from isql to UNIX variable

I want output to be assigned to UNIX variables echo "Enter RRS ID: " read rrs isql -SPROD_DDS -USYBUSER -PSYBPASS -b -osfg.out << EOF use sip go set nocount on select issuerId, legalStructTxt, productName, issuerName from sf_product where rrsId = $rrs go EOF (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JayDoshi
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return value inside isql to a shell variable in ksh

Hello, I have a shell script where I am doing an isql to select some records. the result i get from the select statement is directed to an output file. I want to assign the result to a Shell variable so that I can use the retrieved in another routine. e.g. "isql -U${USER} -P${PASSWD} -S${SERVER}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RookieDev
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the output of a ISQL command in a variable?

I am trying to run a query which returns a sum value(a number). I want to get it in a variable so that i can refer to that variable in different places. when i am running the following command variable=`isql -Uuser -Sserver -Ppassword 1> select sum(count(*)) from xyz..abc where clm_id... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharma331
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)