Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Missing packets between interfaces Post 302421241 by jim mcnamara on Friday 14th of May 2010 12:30:12 AM
Old 05-14-2010
Obvious questions:
it was working before? - how do you know?
has anything changed on the SLES box lately? You know ifconfig, etc.
Any changes to router or bridge configs on the eth2: side?

The display shows no "speed" disparity from eth0 to eth2, correct?

syslog does not show any issues on the SLES box, right?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending packets

How can i send a packet, and what is an empty packet? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Avatar0fEvil
8 Replies

2. IP Networking

Redirecting outgoing packets

I'd like to find out how to redirect Outbound packets. So instead of having packets go to IP1 as they normally would, have them go to IP2 instead. I believe this is possible using IPFW but I'm not sure. I've played with it, but haven't gotten too far. Any ideas would be appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Seraph
1 Replies

3. Programming

Packets Getting Lost

I am working on a project, which has the following type of hardware setup. A special hardware device is receiving data from an external network interface. So we can have multiple such a hardware devices. Now these hardware devices will route the captured incoming data through the external... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.P.Prasad
4 Replies

4. IP Networking

counting the packets

there are a number of clients connected to a server.... how can i count that each clients recieve ...? how do i moniter the activity of the client..? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: damn_bkb
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

send packets

Hello I need to send some packets to check connection. Packets will be catch by snoop. Is there any Sun tool to send some packets on selected IP and Port? Thx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: miojamo
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

packets statistics

Hi there, are there any functions that can get the packets statistics on UNIX ? thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank2004
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Interfaces and Virtual-interfaces queries

Hi Al, In course of understanding networking in Solaris, I have these doubts on Interfaces. Please clarify me. I have done fair research in this site and others but could not be clarified. 1. In the "ifconfig -a" command, I see many interfaces and their configurations. But I see many... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satish51392111
1 Replies

8. IP Networking

Route packets over specified interface

Hi, I'm quite new to unix networking and ip tables. I'm running a debian (htpc) server with two NIC's; eth0 and wlan0. I'm trying to set it up in a way that eth0 is the default interface for internet, but some processes should run through wlan0. For example, I'm using eth0 for downloads... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subbeh
2 Replies

9. SuSE

How to resolve missing missing dependencies with opensuse 11.3 and 12.3?

Hello, This is a programming question as well as a suse question, so let me know if you think I should post this in programming. I have an application that I compiled under opensuse 12.2 using g77-3.3/g++3.3. The program compiles and runs just fine. I gave the application to a colleague who... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Yum - resolving missing dependencies that are not missing

I am trying to install VirtualBox on RHEL 5 but I need the 32 bit version for 32 bit Windows. When I run yum I get the following: sudo yum localinstall /auto/spvtg-it/spvss-migration/Software/VirtualBox-4.3-4.3.2_90405_el6-1.i686.rpm Loaded plugins: fastestmirror Setting up Local Package... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: gw1500se
13 Replies
Match-all classifier in tc(8)					       Linux					     Match-all classifier in tc(8)

NAME
matchall - traffic control filter that matches every packet SYNOPSIS
tc filter ... matchall [ skip_sw | skip_hw ] [ action ACTION_SPEC ] [ classid CLASSID ] DESCRIPTION
The matchall filter allows to classify every packet that flows on the port and run a action on it. OPTIONS
action ACTION_SPEC Apply an action from the generic actions framework on matching packets. classid CLASSID Push matching packets into the class identified by CLASSID. skip_sw Do not process filter by software. If hardware has no offload support for this filter, or TC offload is not enabled for the inter- face, operation will fail. skip_hw Do not process filter by hardware. EXAMPLES
To create ingress mirroring from port eth1 to port eth2: tc qdisc add dev eth1 handle ffff: ingress tc filter add dev eth1 parent ffff: matchall skip_sw action mirred egress mirror dev eth2 The first command creats an ingress qdisc with handle ffff: on device eth1 where the second command attaches a matchall filters on it that mirrors the packets to device eth2. To create egress mirroring from port eth1 to port eth2: tc qdisc add dev eth1 handle 1: root prio tc filter add dev eth1 parent 1: matchall skip_sw action mirred egress mirror dev eth2 The first command creats an egress qdisc with handle 1: that replaces the root qdisc on device eth1 where the second command attaches a matchall filters on it that mirrors the packets to device eth2. To sample one of every 100 packets flowing into interface eth0 to psample group 12: tc qdisc add dev eth0 handle ffff: ingress tc filter add dev eth0 parent ffff: matchall action sample rate 100 group 12 SEE ALSO
tc(8), iproute2 21 Oct 2015 Match-all classifier in tc(8)