Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Why CPU idle 0 process nohub lose Post 302421229 by ppmanja on Thursday 13th of May 2010 11:29:41 PM
Old 05-14-2010
Why CPU idle 0 process nohub lose

Hello

Solaris 8 when CPU idle 0 . why nohub process lose ?

Thank

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

CPU idle

hi when should we consider that CPU is loaded? When it is 100% idle or 0%idle?? tx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

sar output gives 98% idle CPU

Dear All, Our HPUX 8 GB 8CPU database server is behaving abnormally for the last 4+ weeks. I have generated a sar output and it is here- 11:46:52 %usr %sys %wio %idle 11:46:53 1 1 6 92 11:46:54 0 1 0 99 11:46:55 0 1 0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashrunil
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

vmstat displays cpu idle time at 100%

Since yesterday the vmstat command is displaying the cpu idle time at 100%At each time interval. It never changes. Not sure what it means other than it Quit calculating that stat. And I'm curious why. Using sar I can display a correctCpu idle percent, but vmstat does not. Any ideas why or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tfrye
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CPU 0% idle - how do I find what was running?

Hi, I checking yesterday's SAR logs for one of our servers and it was showing that utilisation was down to 0% for 10 minutes at 2am. We're unaware of any jobs running at this time so need to find out which process caused this spike. Is there anything built into SAR (or does anything else exist)... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlam
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the information about cpu idle from top command?

I am using Ubuntu 9.04. I want to write a shell script to get the information about cpu idle from top command at the real time when i call it, compare cpu idle with 20 (20%), if cpu idle > 20 exit 1, vice versa exit 0. Anybody can help me to resolve it ? Thanks alot. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: huyquocnguyen
7 Replies

6. Solaris

top is showing 0% cpu Idle

What should we do if we show a 0% cpu idl on top? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on shell script conditional execution when CPU Idle > 60%

I need a shell script that will monitor a few conditions and not execute until the these conditions are met. The problem I'm having is that I can not perform a database snapshot (backup) of a sybaseIQ database unless the CPU Status Idle % is above 60% or the snapshot (backup) fails. If... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pancona99
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

idle% cpu and run queue

Hi Everybody, Can anybody explain how CPU idle% is about 50%, but runq-sz more than 1? sar from Solaris 10: 00:00:05 %usr %sys %wio %idle 17:00:08 27 12 0 61 17:20:05 40 15 0 45 17:40:05 27 12 0 61 18:00:05 23... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sant
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Idle Process Exhausting CPU

I noticed when having some trouble with code I was testing that the CPU was becoming exhausted and I would have to reboot. After rebooting a couple times I decided to check for other problems before trying my code again. That's when I noticed that the CPU with the idle process was through the roof:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
5 Replies

10. AIX

Process lose its parent then consume high CPU usage ...

Hello. In an informix context, on AIX 5.3 TL 12, we encounter this problem : Sometimes in the day (probably when users exits from their session), a child process lose its parent (PPID is now "1") and this child is consumming lot of CPU "USER". I tried, on different cases, "truss -p... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephnane
4 Replies
RUNQUEUE(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual					       RUNQUEUE(9)

NAME
chooseproc, procrunnable, remrunqueue, setrunqueue -- manage the queue of runnable processes SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/proc.h> extern struct rq itqueues[]; extern struct rq rtqueues[]; extern struct rq queues[]; extern struct rq idqueues[]; struct thread * choosethread(void); int procrunnable(void); void remrunqueue(struct thread *td); void setrunqueue(struct thread *td); DESCRIPTION
The run queue consists of four priority queues: itqueues for interrupt threads, rtqueues for realtime priority processes, queues for time sharing processes, and idqueues for idle priority processes. Each priority queue consists of an array of NQS queue header structures. Each queue header identifies a list of runnable processes of equal priority. Each queue also has a single word that contains a bit mask identify- ing non-empty queues to assist in selecting a process quickly. These are named itqueuebits, rtqueuebits, queuebits, and idqueuebits. The run queues are protected by the sched_lock mutex. procrunnable() returns zero if there are no runnable processes other than the idle process. If there is at least one runnable process other than the idle process, it will return a non-zero value. Note that the sched_lock mutex does not need to be held when this function is called. There is a small race window where one CPU may place a process on the run queue when there are currently no other runnable processes while another CPU is calling this function. In that case the second CPU will simply travel through the idle loop one additional time before noticing that there is a runnable process. This works because idle CPUs are not halted in SMP systems. If idle CPUs are halted in SMP sys- tems, then this race condition might have more serious repercussions in the losing case, and procrunnable() may have to require that the sched_lock mutex be acquired. choosethread() returns the highest priority runnable thread. If there are no runnable threads, then the idle thread is returned. This func- tion is called by cpu_switch() and cpu_throw() to determine which thread to switch to. choosethread() must be called with the sched_lock mutex held. setrunqueue() adds the thread td to the tail of the appropriate queue in the proper priority queue. The thread must be runnable, i.e. p_stat must be set to SRUN. This function must be called with the sched_lock mutex held. remrunqueue() removes thread td from its run queue. If td is not on a run queue, then the kernel will panic(9). This function must be called with the sched_lock mutex held. SEE ALSO
cpu_switch(9), scheduler(9), sleepqueue(9) BSD
November 3, 2000 BSD