Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX [SOLVED] HP UX SERVER IP ADDRESS Post 302421148 by ldaliosmane on Thursday 13th of May 2010 02:27:44 PM
Old 05-13-2010
[SOLVED] HP UX SERVER IP ADDRESS

I am moving an HP UX 9000 server to a new subnet. How do I change the server's IP address??

Many thanks in advance

Smilie

Last edited by vbe; 06-07-2010 at 11:54 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find i.p address of our server

I don't have root access. How do I find i.p address of our sun server? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpotluri
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get the server name using IP address

Hi all, what is the comamnd to get the server address using the IP address ? Please help. Thanks, Sona. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sona
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting the IP address in unix server

Hi, I want to know the IP of my Unix server in my script programming. Below are the my trial and i didn't find anything useful for me.because i want only IP. hostname -> Giving the name of the server and hostanme -i -> Giving the error message that..i am not super user. ipConfig ->... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balamani
7 Replies

4. IP Networking

Getting IP address of a server

Hello, I have a server in C that is listening on a socket using s_addr = INADDR_ANY, and clients connect to it. How can I know which address did the client use to connect to that socket? It might be 127.0.0.1 (if the server is running locally), 192.168.x.x (if the client is from inside the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royger
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

[Solved] How do I configure Unix Mail Server to use another Mail Exchange Server

We have configured our mail unix server and can send out emails automatically from applications running on unix to different people in our company as well as outside our company. However there is an outside client who is not receiving these emails because the settings on their mail server cannot... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tenyhwa
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

DHCP Server address

Where can you find your DHCP Server address? I checked all of the files that this mentioned with no luck. Quick HOWTO : Ch08 : Configuring the DHCP Server - Linux Home Networking (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Can't get on internet with Linux Static IP address and Linksys Router.

I configured my linux server with Static IP address out of the range of the DHCP linksys router, but cannot get on the internet. When I switch back to "Automatically obtain IP address" ..then I can get on the internet. Can comeone help with this. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FrankOscar
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Box with a new MAC address can't connect to the internet

Hi, i replaced one of my UNIX machines last week, the old box had an external IP address before. Everything is the same as the previous box and the only difference is the new one has a different MAC address (of course, since the mother boards are different). The problem is the new machine can't... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tezarin
2 Replies

9. Programming

IP address of a server at runtime

Hello, I developed a client task in C and a server task in C (an application strongly coupled). The client needs the server IP address to connect to the server. The problem is: I don't know in advance which machine will run the client and which machine will run the server so I can know the ip... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Ip address of Linux server

Hi, How to find ip address of Linux servers ? I know by ping command we can find ip address but wanted to check with you. Thanks, Maddy (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
5 Replies
MIREDO-SERVER.CONF(5)					      System Manager's Manual					     MIREDO-SERVER.CONF(5)

NAME
miredo-server.conf - configuration for miredo-server SYNOPSIS
miredo-server.conf DESCRIPTON
miredo-server.conf is the configuration file for miredo-server. Each configuration directive consists of one directive name, possibly followed by one or several spaces and a value for the directive. White spaces, empty lines and lines starting with '#' are ignored. Directives are case-insensitive. A comprehensive list of the supported directives follows: SERVER OPTIONS
ServerBindAddress server_ip Specifies the primary IPv4 address of the Teredo server. miredo-server will bind to UDP/IPv4 port 3544 on this address and waits for packets from Teredo clients. It will advertise the Teredo prefix which is defined with the Prefix directive. A Teredo server needs two subsequent IPv4 addresses. It will wait for UDP IPv4 packets on port 3544 on both addresses. server_ip specifies the lowest of both IPv4 addresses, which is known as the primary IPv4 server address. The secondary IPv4 address should be server_ip + 1 and must also be assigned to the server. ServerBindAddress2 server_ip2 It is possible to specify a secondary IPv4 server address manually. However, Miredo clients will need manual configuration (with the ServerAddress2 directive in miredo.conf). Other Teredo clients are believed not to support such setup. Prefix teredo_prefix This directive specifies the Teredo prefix which the Teredo relay and/or server will advertise. teredo_prefix must be a valid IPv6 prefix. The default value is 2001:0000::. A 32-bits prefix is required to use this option. Since you do not have such big an IPv6 prefix YOU WILL NOT USE THIS OPTION. Moreover, certain third party Teredo client implementations require the default prefix. InterfaceMTU mtu This directive overrides the value of the MTU that is advertised to Teredo clients. The default value is 1280 bytes and should not be changed if the default Teredo prefix is used. YOU MUST NOT USE THIS OPTION with the default prefix. This would break interoperability with most Teredo relays. SyslogFacility facility Specify which syslog's facility is to be used by miredo-server for logging. Possible values are: daemon (the default), local0, ... local7, kern and user (see syslog(2)). SEE ALSO
miredo-server(8) AUTHOR
Remi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab dot net> http://www.remlab.net/miredo/ miredo February 2008 MIREDO-SERVER.CONF(5)