Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to create a xml file using Perl Script Post 302421068 by girish.raos on Thursday 13th of May 2010 09:54:10 AM
Old 05-13-2010
how about using xml simple with xmlout() ?
which one do you suggest ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to extract 'ID' From XML File

File1.xml <?xml version.........> - <abcd:abcd_list version="1" www.john_uncle's_server.com" xmlns: - <device id="100"> <firmware>12.4(3d)</firmware> <location id="500">Sitting Room</location> </device> - <device id="101"> <firmware>12.4(3d)</firmware> <location id="501">Class... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to update a xml file

Hi experts, I have a set of xml files in folder which has the below field. <mm:sessionID>157.235.206.12900397BE4:A</mm:sessionID>, I need to update this field regularly with new session id, which I have it from a login file. Can anyone tell me how to add a new value in <mm:sessionID>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amvarma77
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create an XML tree using perl

Hi, I am having an xml file which looks like this: <Nodes> <Node> <Nodename>Student</Nodename> <Filename>1.txt</filename> <Node> <Nodename>Dummy</Nodename> <Filename>22.txt</filename> </Node> </Node> </Nodes> The text files will have data like this: #1.txt... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
8 Replies

4. Programming

extract xml data and create word document using perl.

hi, i have large xml file which contains students information, i need to extract student number and some address tags and create a word document for the extracted data. my data looking llike this <student> <number>24</number> <education>bachelors</education> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: veerubiji
1 Replies

5. Programming

Extract xml data and create word document using perl.

Hi, I have large xml data file.I need to extract node and some tags in the node and after I need to create word document. my XMl data is look like as below -<student> <number>24</number> <education>bachelor</bachelor> <specialization>computers</specialization> ... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

6. Programming

help need in the perl script that create one xml file form multiple files.

Hi every one, Please excuse me if any grammatical mistakes is there. I have multiple xml files in one directory, I need to create multiple XML files into one XML file.example files like this</p> file1:bvr.xml ... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get multiple values from an xml file using one of the following commands or together awk/perl/script

Hello, I have a requirement to extract the value from multiple xml node and print out the values to new file to compare. Would be done using either awk/perl or some unix script. For example sample input file: ..... ..... <factories xmi:type="resources.jdbc:DataSource"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slbmind
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting xml file into several xml files using perl

Hi Everyone, I'm new here and I was checking this old post: /shell-programming-and-scripting/180669-splitting-file-into-several-smaller-files-using-perl.html (cannot paste link because of lack of points) I need to do something like this but understand very little of perl. I also check... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcosta
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX/PERL script to convert XML file to pipe delimited format

Hello, I need to get few values from a XML file and output needs to be written in another file with pipe delimited format. The Header & Footer of the Pipe Delimited file will be constant. The below is my sample XML file. I need to pull the values in between the XML tags <Operator_info to... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthi1305561
15 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to read a csv and create xml - Perl

I have a csv file like below. john,r2,testdomain1,john.r2@hex.com,DOMAINADMIN,testdomain1.dom maxwell,b2, testdomain1,maxwell.b2@hex.com,DOMAINADMIN,testdomain1.dom I would need the perl script to read the above csv and create an xml like below. <Users> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
1 Replies
XML-XPARSE(1)							   User Commands						     XML-XPARSE(1)

NAME
xml-xparse - Parse XML documents with entity and URI resolution SYNOPSIS
xml-xparse [options] xmlfile DESCRIPTION
xml-xparse is a simple command line tool for parsing and validating XML documents. It is not an actual XML parser, it just wraps around a JAXP Parser, adding support for catalog-based entity and URI resolution. OPTIONS
-c catalogfile Load a particular catalog file. May be specified multiple times. -v Perform a validating parse. This is the default. -w Perform a well-formed parse, not a validating parse. -N Perform a namespace-aware parse. This is the default. -n Perform a namespace-ignorant parse. -d debuglevel Set the debug level (an integer). Warnings are shown if the debug level is set to greater than 2. -E maxerrors Set the maximum number of errors to display. The default is 10. FILES
/etc/java/resolver/CatalogManager.properties The central catalog manager configuration file used by xml-xparse. SEE ALSO
xml-xread(1), xml-resolver(1), java(1), the OASIS entity resolution technical committee home page at <http://www.oasis-open.org/commit- tees/entity/>. AUTHOR
Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM> 1.1 July 2004 XML-XPARSE(1)