Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting combine three lines code into one Post 302420977 by jimmy_y on Thursday 13th of May 2010 05:08:36 AM
Old 05-13-2010
Sorry for not writting in details.

Code:
[root@ tmp]# cat 3.pl
#!/usr/bin/perl
use strict;
use warnings;

my $date = `date +%u | tr -d '\n'`.","; #line1
(my $a = '1,2,3,4,5,6,7,' ) =~ s/$date//g; #line2
print $a;

[root@ tmp]# ./3.pl

just want to combine line1 and line2 into line.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Combine two lines

I have a file called test.txt. Inside this file is the following: tcenh100.telkom.co.za 100.200.300.400 tcenh101.telkom.co.za 500.600.700.800 I want to take out the new lines and spaces, then I want to put the ip address of the host name next to the host name on the same line, as soon as... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolf
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combine two lines

Hi I have a file with the records 1 A B C D 2 E F G H 3 I J K L 4 M N O P In the ouput I want 1 A B C D 2 # F G H 3 I J K L 4 M N O P How to achieve this? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: superprg
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

combine 2 lines

Moderator, kindly delete this thread because I already found what I needed... thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deanne
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to combine lines?

Hi, I have a file like this: "sdfc@abc.com","arovls","some addr ", "more stuff" "ssss@email.com","arovls","some addr", "sss" "edx@email.com","arovls","some addr", "sssdfvv" "ssss@a55.com","arovls","some addr", "lsdsdgf" "ssss@0234.com","aro vls","123 Main", "lSdfv" I want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: erniel
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

combine 2 lines

Hello, I want to combine 2 lines in one I have a text file example: bla123 blo31 xx:yy:zz ->bla43 bli532 00:01:02 bla1237 blo351 aa:ss:dd ->bla433 bli34332 55:10:28 I want the result to be: bla123 blo31 xx:yy:zz, ->bla43 bli532 00:01:02 bla1237 blo351 aa:ss:dd, ->bla433 bli34332... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Petko Meshov
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can I combine 2 lines into one?

Hi, I have a file like this: A 1 B 2 C 3 ... And I want to have just one line like this: A 1 B 2 C 3 ... How can I do it? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: elsagarcia
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine 2 lines

All, i am new to linux script... source Filter: vlan281-BUM-5M BUM-5M 0 0 Filter: vlan282-BUM-5M BUM-5M 0 0 Filter: vlan2828-BUM-5M Filter:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samoptimus
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combine lines in file

Hi All, I am trying to understand if its possible to carry out the following. I have a text file which contains output from multiple commands, within the file a node will be quiered twice if there was 2 commands for example. Is it possible do combine 2 lines into 1 if the first word is the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mutley2202
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine lines if fields match in lines

In the awk below, what I am attempting to do is check each line in the tab-delimeted input, which has ~20 lines in it, for a keyword SVTYPE=Fusion. If the keyword is found I am splitting $3 using the . (dot) and reading the portion before and after the dot in an array a. If it does have that... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to remove lines that do not start with digit and combine line or lines

I have been searching and trying to come up with an awk that will perform the following on a converted text file (original is a pdf). 1. Since the first two lines are (begin with) text they are removed 2. if $1 is a number then all text is merged (combined) into one line until the next... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
cam(1)							      General Commands Manual							    cam(1)

NAME
cam - CPU'S AUDIO MIXER for Linux SYNOPSIS
cam [-v x,y] [--volume x,y] [-b x,y] [--bass x,y] [-t x,y] [--treble x,y] [-s x,y] [--synth x,y] [-p x,y] [--pcm x,y] [-S x,y] [--speaker x,y] [-l x,y] [--line x,y] [-m x,y] [--mic x,y] [-c x,y] [--cd x,y] [-M x,y] [--mixer x,y] [-a x,y] [--altpcm x,y] [-r x,y] [--reclev x,y] [-i x,y] [--igain x,y] [-o x,y] [--ogain x,y] [-l1 x,y] [--line1 x,y] [-l2 x,y] [--line2 x,y] [-l3 x,y] [--line3 x,y] [-3d 1|0] [--3dse 1|0] [-agc 1|0] [--agc 1|0] [-h] [-?] [--help] [-get] [-save] [-getfile filename] [-savefile filename] xcam DESCRIPTION
This is an audio mixer for Linux. You have the choice to use it with an interface or at the command line. OPTIONS
When using the interface you can use the following keys : LEFT ARROW decrease the volume of the current device. RIGHT ARROW increase the volume of the current device. UP ARROW go to previous device. DOWN ARROW go to next device. L locks or unlocks : unlocked : you can control the left and right channel separately. lock : left and right channel are controlled together. R turn on/off recording mode : red lamp : recording turned on green lamp : recording turned off 3 turn on/off 3D Stereo Enhancement (3DSE) device : when turned on green indicator 3D will be lit at the left side of main volume handle. A turn on/off microphone Automatic Gain Control : when turned on green indicator AGC will be lit at the left side of microphone volume handle. S save the settings of ALL devices in a file ($HOME/.camrc) G loads the saved settings and restores them. H shows the help screen. Q/ESC exits the program and returns to shell. NOTE: you can use upper or lower case. When using the command line options the interface is not shown. The following options are available : -v, --volume x,y Set 'volume' to x (left) and y (right) -b, --bass x,y Set 'bass' to x (left) and y (right) -t, --trebble x,y Set 'treble' to x (left) and y (right) -s, --synth x,y Set 'synth' to x (left) and y (right) -p, --pcm x,y Set 'pcm' to x (left) and y (right) -S, --speaker x,y Set 'speaker' to x (left) and y (right) -l, --line x,y Set 'line in' to x (left) and y (right) -m, --mic x,y Set 'microphone' to x (left) and y (right) -c, --cd x,y Set 'CD in' to x (left) and y (right) -I, --imix x,y Set 'mixer' to x (left) and y (right) -a, --altpcm x,y Set 'altpcm' to x (left) and y (right) -r, --reclev x,y Set 'record level' to x (left) and y (right) -i, --igain x,y Set 'input gain' to x (left) and y (right) -o, --ogain x,y Set 'output gain' to x (left) and y (right) -l1, --line1 x,y Set 'line 1' to x (left) and y (right) -l2, --line2 x,y Set 'line 2' to x (left) and y (right) -l3, --line3 x,y Set 'line 3' to x (left) and y (right) -3d, --3dse 1|0 Set 3D Stereo Enhancement to 1 (on) or 0 (off) -agc, --agc 1|0 Set Automatic Gain Control for microphone to 1 (on) or 0 (off) -get restore the saved values from $HOME/.camrc -save save the values to $HOME/.camrc -getfile filename restore the saved values from file 'filename' -savefile filename save the values to file 'filename' -h, -?, --help displays help NOTE: x and y are in range from 1 to 100. Higher or lower numbers are ignored. BUGS
None known as yet. If you find one, please let me know. AUTHOR
Jan 'TWP' VANDENBERGHE <jvdbergh@uia.ua.ac.be> cam(1)