Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers replace characters with spaces between tag Post 302420942 by pseudocoder on Thursday 13th of May 2010 02:28:56 AM
Old 05-13-2010
Code:
sed 's/<start>.*<end>/<start> <end>/' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add spaces between Characters

I need to add spaces in between characters in a string variable. Is there a shortcut? I know you can remove the spaces with sed, but does sed have a way to add them? Example: I have: DATA01 I want it to be: D A T A 0 1 What I have done so far is to create a function... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: heyindy06
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace only first found white spaces with some other characters

Anybody can help me How can I replace only four first white spaces with , or any other characters aaaa 08/31/2004 08/31/2009 permanent Logical Processors in System: 64 bedad 08/16/2001 08/15/2011 permanent Logical Processors in System: 64 badnv14 05/31/2008 05/30/2013 permanent Logical... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshan
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace several numbers with respective tag and make a single file

Dear All, I have a final output files as 736645|0| 13879|1| 495563|10| 127933|14| 4975|16| 49038|6| 53560|7| 135115|8| 178857|9| Now I want to replace second column with respective tag as per the value (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojo123
4 Replies

4. AIX

Replace all TAB characters with white spaces

Dear Gurus Can you please advise me on how to Replace all TAB characters with white spaces in a text file in AIX? Either using vi or any utilities (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tenderfoot
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace special characters with Escape characters?

i need to replace the any special characters with escape characters like below. test!=123-> test\!\=123 !@#$%^&*()-= to be replaced by \!\@\#\$\%\^\&\*\(\)\-\= (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to replace XML TAG

As per the requirement I need to replace XML tag with old to new on one of the XML file. Old<com : DEM>PHI</com : DEM> New<com : DEM>PHM</com : DEM> Please someone provide the sed command to replace above mentioned old XML tag with new XML tag (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva83
2 Replies

7. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

How to replace value of password tag in xml with blanks when special characters are there?

Hi All, I am trying to replace the values inside <password> tag in an xml file but it doesn't replace certain passwords: For eg: Server/home/sperinc>cat TextXML.txt <appIds> <entry name="AccountXref"> <type id="ldap"> <realm>nam</realm> ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saroopkris85
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed search and replace after xml tag

Hi All, I'm new to sed. In following XML file <interface type='direct'> <mac address='52:54:00:86:ce:f6'/> <source dev='eno1' mode='bridge'/> <model type='virtio'/> <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x03' function='0x0'/> </interface> ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: varunrapelly
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML files with spaces in the tag name, parse & display?

Greetings all, I have an XML file that is being generated from my application, here is a sample of the first tag (That I am trying to remove and display in a list..) Example- <tag one= "data" data="1234" updateTime="1300"> <tag one= "data1" data="1234" updateTime="1300"> <tag... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a tag with data and replace its data in another tag

Hi I have one file, :16R::GENL :20C::RELA//SET//ABC123456 :22F::XYZYESR :20C::MITI//NETT/QWERTY12345 :16S::GENL :16R::GENL :20C::RELA//SET//XYZ23456 :22F::XYZYESR :16S::GENL The requirement is, if :20C::MITI// is present in any block, then replace the data of :20C::MITI// in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soumyadip Dutta
8 Replies
tracker-tag(1)							   User Commands						    tracker-tag(1)

NAME
tracker-tag - Add, remove and list tags. SYNOPSIS
tracker-tag [OPTION...] FILE [FILE...] DESCRIPTION
tracker-tag allows the caller add tags, remove tags and list tags by URN or to list all tags and the files associated with them. The FILE argument can be either a local path or a URI. It also does not have to be an absolute path. OPTIONS
-?, --help Show summary of options. -l, --limit=N Limit search to N results. The default is 512. -o, --offset=N Offset the search results by N. For example, start at item number 10 in the results. The default is 0. -r, --or-operator Use OR for search terms instead of AND (the default) -t, --list List all tags. Results include the number of files associated with that tag and the tag's unique identifier. You can show the files associated with each tag by using --show-files. -s, --show-files Show the files associated with each tag. This option is ONLY available WITH the --list option. -a, --add=TAG Add a tag with the name TAG. If no FILE arguments are specified, the tag is simply created (if it didn't already exist) and no files are associated with it. Multiple FILE arguments can be specified. -d, --delete=TAG Delete a tag with the name TAG. If no FILE arguments are specified, the tag is deleted for ALL files. If FILE arguments are speci- fied, only those files have the TAG deleted. -V, --version Print version. SEE ALSO
tracker-store(1), tracker-sparql(1), tracker-search(1), tracker-info(1). GNU
July 2009 tracker-tag(1)