Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers problem with character @ inside username to use pop3 with nail Post 302420638 by zaxxon on Wednesday 12th of May 2010 06:55:10 AM
Old 05-12-2010
You simply use an invalid email address notation:
E-mail address - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is an article how to configure it:
http://www.linux.com/archive/feed/51767
This User Gave Thanks to zaxxon For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Pop3 server problem

hi frnds Unable to connect to POP server mit.com. Error sending password: -ERR Bad login i m getting this problem in Ximain .I m using Redhat Enterprise 3. mit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naik_mit
1 Replies

2. Linux

pop3 and imap problem

Hi all I have a Redhat 8 box running sendmail-8.12.8-9.80. I use both imap and pop3 for clients to donwlaod mails. imap is used by some application related stuff. The users use opp3 to download their mails. The problem started a yesterday when 1 user complained that he was not able to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skotapal
2 Replies

3. AIX

check for a particular character inside a file and substitute with a given character?

i am a newbie to shell script,so i want a kshell script in which i need to check for a particular character inside a file through conditional looping(like if ,case,while)and if that character exists ,then substitute a given character to that character. consider a file test.txt,inside the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthikprasathk
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

check if a character is inside a variable

Good morning forums. Ive been trying all weekend to do this with no luck, so i have come to the forums for help. What i want to do is check if an inputed character is inside a variable. for example, if var=1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 i would like to see if a newly inputed number is already... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: strasner
5 Replies

5. BSD

Problem userdir ~username on apache

i have problem user cannot add or edit file on their directory i mean /home/user/public_html i have httpd.conf like this : ................ # UserDir Include etc/apache22/extra/httpd-userdir.conf and httpd-userdir.conf ................ # UserDir public_html UserDir disabled... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moslemovic
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

couting occurences of a character inside a string and assigning it to a variable

echo "hello123" | tr -dc '' | wc -c using this command i can count the no of times a number from 0-9 occurs in the string "hello123" but how do i save this result inside a variable? if i do x= echo "hello123" | tr -dc '' | wc -c that does not work...plz suggest..thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arindamlive
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Preserve extented ascii character when run echo comand inside bash script

Hi everyone, I'm echo some text with extended ascii characters as below: echo -e "Pr\xE9sentation du spectacle" > output or echo -e "Présentation du spectacle" > outputIf I open the file created I see this text Présentation du spectacleThe text is shown correctly in this created file when... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove \n <newline> character inside the records.

Hi, In my file, I have '\n' characters inside a single record. Because of this, a single records appears in many lines and looks like multiple records. In the below file. File 1 ==== 1,nmae,lctn,da\n t 2,ghjik,o\n ut,de\n fk Expected output after the \n removed File 2 =====... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with character by character reading

Hi friend, i have the following problem: when i am writting the below command on the command prompt , its working. while read -n 1 ch; do echo "$ch" ; echo "$ch" ; done<file_name.out. but when i am executing it after saving it in a ksh file, its not working. Please helppppppppp .. thankss... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: neelmani
18 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing username and password to a script running inside "expect" script

Hi I'm trying to run a script " abc.sh" which triggers "use.sh" . abc.sh is nothing but a "expect" script which provides username and password automatically to the use.sh script. Please find below the scripts: #abc.sh #!/usr/bin/expect -f exec /root/use.sh expect "*name*" send... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: baddykam
1 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)