Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers problem with character @ inside username to use pop3 with nail Post 302420617 by chemi on Wednesday 12th of May 2010 06:00:15 AM
Old 05-12-2010
problem with character @ inside username to use pop3 with nail

Hi:

I am trying to read mails using pop3 protocol with the nail client. I have configurated the following files:

.mailrc

set NAIL_EXTRA_RC=~/.nailrc

.nailrc

shortcut myisp pop3://developers@afinformatica.com@mail.afinformatica.com
set password-developers@afinformatica.com@mail.afinformatica.com =myPassord

Then I execute from system:

informix@linux:~> nail -f myisp
Could not resolve host: afinformatica.com@mail.afinformatica.com

My user in pop3 server is developers@afinformatica.com. The pop3 server is mail.afinformatica.com

It seems that the problem is the “@” of my user's name. Nail thinks that this “@” is the separator character between user and host. How do I can do it? Smilie

Thanks ....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Pop3 server problem

hi frnds Unable to connect to POP server mit.com. Error sending password: -ERR Bad login i m getting this problem in Ximain .I m using Redhat Enterprise 3. mit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naik_mit
1 Replies

2. Linux

pop3 and imap problem

Hi all I have a Redhat 8 box running sendmail-8.12.8-9.80. I use both imap and pop3 for clients to donwlaod mails. imap is used by some application related stuff. The users use opp3 to download their mails. The problem started a yesterday when 1 user complained that he was not able to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skotapal
2 Replies

3. AIX

check for a particular character inside a file and substitute with a given character?

i am a newbie to shell script,so i want a kshell script in which i need to check for a particular character inside a file through conditional looping(like if ,case,while)and if that character exists ,then substitute a given character to that character. consider a file test.txt,inside the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthikprasathk
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

check if a character is inside a variable

Good morning forums. Ive been trying all weekend to do this with no luck, so i have come to the forums for help. What i want to do is check if an inputed character is inside a variable. for example, if var=1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 i would like to see if a newly inputed number is already... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: strasner
5 Replies

5. BSD

Problem userdir ~username on apache

i have problem user cannot add or edit file on their directory i mean /home/user/public_html i have httpd.conf like this : ................ # UserDir Include etc/apache22/extra/httpd-userdir.conf and httpd-userdir.conf ................ # UserDir public_html UserDir disabled... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moslemovic
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

couting occurences of a character inside a string and assigning it to a variable

echo "hello123" | tr -dc '' | wc -c using this command i can count the no of times a number from 0-9 occurs in the string "hello123" but how do i save this result inside a variable? if i do x= echo "hello123" | tr -dc '' | wc -c that does not work...plz suggest..thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arindamlive
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Preserve extented ascii character when run echo comand inside bash script

Hi everyone, I'm echo some text with extended ascii characters as below: echo -e "Pr\xE9sentation du spectacle" > output or echo -e "Présentation du spectacle" > outputIf I open the file created I see this text Présentation du spectacleThe text is shown correctly in this created file when... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove \n <newline> character inside the records.

Hi, In my file, I have '\n' characters inside a single record. Because of this, a single records appears in many lines and looks like multiple records. In the below file. File 1 ==== 1,nmae,lctn,da\n t 2,ghjik,o\n ut,de\n fk Expected output after the \n removed File 2 =====... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with character by character reading

Hi friend, i have the following problem: when i am writting the below command on the command prompt , its working. while read -n 1 ch; do echo "$ch" ; echo "$ch" ; done<file_name.out. but when i am executing it after saving it in a ksh file, its not working. Please helppppppppp .. thankss... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: neelmani
18 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing username and password to a script running inside "expect" script

Hi I'm trying to run a script " abc.sh" which triggers "use.sh" . abc.sh is nothing but a "expect" script which provides username and password automatically to the use.sh script. Please find below the scripts: #abc.sh #!/usr/bin/expect -f exec /root/use.sh expect "*name*" send... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: baddykam
1 Replies
mdbFontEncoding(5)						 The m17n Library						mdbFontEncoding(5)

NAME
mdbFontEncoding - Font Encoding DESCRIPTION
The m17n library loads information about the encoding of each font form the m17n database by the tags <font, encoding>. The data is loaded as a plist of this format. FONT-ENCODING ::= PER-FONT * PER-FONT ::= '(' FONT-SPEC ENCODING [ REPERTORY ] ')' FONT-SPEC ::= '(' [ FOUNDRY FAMILY [ WEIGHT [ STYLE [ STRETCH [ ADSTYLE ]]]]] REGISTRY ')' ENCODING ::= SYMBOL FONT-SPEC is to specify properties of a font. FOUNDRY to REGISTRY are symbols corresponding to Mfoundry to Mregistry property of a font. See m17nFont for the meaning of each property. For instance, this FONT-SPEC: (nil alice0 lao iso8859-1) should be applied to all fonts whose family name is 'alice0 lao', and registry is 'iso8859-1'. ENCODING is a symbol representing a charset. A font matching FONT-SPEC supports all characters of the charset, and a character code is mapped to the corresponding glyph code of the font by this charset. REPERTORY is a symbol representing a charset or 'nil'. Omitting it is the same as specifying ENCODING as REPERTORY. If it is not 'nil', the charset specifies the repertory of the font, i.e, which character it supports. Otherwise, whether a specific character is supported by the font or not is asked to each font driver. For so called Unicode fonts (registry is 'iso10646-1'), it is recommended to specify 'nil' as REPERTORY because such fonts usually supports only a subset of Unicode characters. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Information-technology Promotion Agency (IPA) Copyright (C) 2001-2011 National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html>. Version 1.6.2 12 Jan 2011 mdbFontEncoding(5)