Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting E-mailing Multiple Attachments in AIX Post 302420172 by pseudocoder on Tuesday 11th of May 2010 01:15:03 AM
Old 05-11-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem_In_I
3. ( cat body.txt
uuencode pic.jpg pic.jpg
) | mailx -s "subject" abc@xyz.com
Unfortunately I don't have AIX, but maybe it's just a missing semicolon?
Code:
(cat body.txt; uuencode pic.jpg pic.jpg) | ...

like it's described here: Email multiple file attachment from Solairs / AIX / HP-UX UNIX/ Linux command line

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

multiple attachments

how can you send multiple attachments in 1 email, usually I just use uuencode to send 1 attachment. thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: edog
5 Replies

2. How do I send email?

multiple attachments

how can you send multiple attachments in 1 email, usually I just use uuencode to send 1 attachment. thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: edog
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mailing with attachments in mail command in HP-UX Release 11i

Hi Can some one tell me how to send a mail with body and file attached in a shell sript, in HP-UX Release 11i. i did code in AIX and it works fine but i guess here in HP-UX release.. there's some syntax change which i;m not able to make out.. TIA, Ronnie (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rosh0623
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending multiple attachments

Hi people, I am new to this forums. I have a quick question I hope one of you could help me with. I am writing a script to send attachments via email. However I am having trouble when trying to send multiple attachments. Here is the code I am using: send_mail() { uuencode $TMP $TMP1 > $TMP1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deo2k8
1 Replies

5. AIX

Aix Unix Mailx Attachments

I'm trying to send a mailx with an attachment, really I have not do it in a long time. I forgot (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darioa
3 Replies

6. AIX

Mailing from AIX 5.3 to windows mail system.

Hi, I want to mail a log from my IBM AIX 5.3 server to my windows mailbox in my company every month. Any ideas what the command would be? Do I need to set any smtp settings? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jfd7000
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with multiple mail attachments

Hi everyone... I am facing problem with the multiple mail attachments. cd /work/mohan/pi_log/ mail_file='uuencode ahmedabad.csv ahmedabad.csv ; uuencode ahmedabad_devrpt_20110530.csv ahmedabad_devrpt_20110530.csv' ( $mail_file ) | mailx -m -s"test" domain@website.com its giving me error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohanm
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple attachments using mutt

I am trying to attach multiple files using mutt command, and all file names to be attached are taken from a flat file. and mutt command is called from a bash script when : 1. Script execution is completed. 2. Script execution is interrupted for some reason. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailing multiple PNG attachments using sendmail

Need assistance in using the below script and having multiple png file attachments in the same script . Your inputs are appreciated. I dont have uuencode , I use either mailx, sendmail, mpack . ( echo "to: samplemail@somewhere.com" echo "from: samplemail@elsewhere.com" echo "subject:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Read mail attachments in AIX

Hello All, Is there a way to read/view email attachments in AIX? Here's my scenario; I have users that will being scanning documents for digital storage. To make it easier for the users, I would like for them to scan and email the pdf version of the document directly to one of my AIX... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
3 Replies
escape(1)							Mail Avenger 0.8.3							 escape(1)

NAME
escape - escape shell special characters in a string SYNOPSIS
escape string DESCRIPTION
escape prepends a "" character to all shell special characters in string, making it safe to compose a shell command with the result. EXAMPLES
The following is a contrived example showing how one can unintentionally end up executing the contents of a string: $ var='; echo gotcha!' $ eval echo hi $var hi gotcha! $ Using escape, one can avoid executing the contents of $var: $ eval echo hi `escape "$var"` hi ; echo gotcha! $ A less contrived example is passing arguments to Mail Avenger bodytest commands containing possibly unsafe environment variables. For example, you might write a hypothetical reject_bcc script to reject mail not explicitly addressed to the recipient: #!/bin/sh formail -x to -x cc -x resent-to -x resent-cc | fgrep "$1" > /dev/null && exit 0 echo "<$1>.. address does not accept blind carbon copies" exit 100 To invoke this script, passing it the recipient address as an argument, you would need to put the following in your Mail Avenger rcpt script: bodytest reject_bcc `escape "$RECIPIENT"` SEE ALSO
avenger(1), The Mail Avenger home page: <http://www.mailavenger.org/>. BUGS
escape is designed for the Bourne shell, which is what Mail Avenger scripts use. escape might or might not work with other shells. AUTHOR
David Mazieres Mail Avenger 0.8.3 2012-04-05 escape(1)