Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Adding space to a directory?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Adding space to a directory? Post 302420106 by bluescreen on Monday 10th of May 2010 03:47:17 PM
Old 05-10-2010
You can only space to a filesystem. What version of 'NIX are you running?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk adding a space between integer and the rest of the field

Hi, I have a problem where some of the records I need to process have the first address field as something like "10Walpole Street" where obviously I want it to be "10 Walpole Street". I know I need to somehow separate out the integer and probably form a new string variable, but I just don't... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonathanm
5 Replies

2. AIX

Adding space to a filesystem

Hello I have a flesystem that has run out of space. I have tried using the following command to add space: # chfs -a size=+100 /lsrc I get the following error: 0516-404 allocp: This system cannot fulfill the allocation request. There are not enough free partitions or not enough... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkranes
9 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Adding space to partition C: from D: in Win 2K3

Hi, I have a Windows 2K3 machine. I have installed the OS on C: partiiton which has 8 GB space and D: has 60GB space. I want to add the 60GB of D: to C; without rebuilding the host. How can I do that? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gunnervarma
3 Replies

4. Linux

Adding space to existing mount

I am on Red Hat Linux 4.7. I am getting this error message: Preparing... ########################################### You have insufficient diskspace in the destination directory (/usr/lib) to install xxxxxxxxxxxxx. The installation requires at least 1.5 GB free on this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxh461
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

Adding space to a filesystem

Hello, I am trying to add space to my existing system and I need a little assistance determining if I have any disk space available to allocate. Here is what I have: DISKS: Class I H/W Path Driver S/W State H/W Type Description... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dkranes
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display all directory/sub directory with occupied space?

Hello, I am using Red Hat linux system. I see my /work directory has used space 300GB. But there are so many sub directory under /work. I want to list each direcotry and under all subdirectory. But i want to know how much space occupied by each directory. What kind of command i can use to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding space after character using sed?

dears i have the data below, i want a command ( i think it should be sed) that add a space after the seconds as below : Jun 24 22:28:18966568406148@ Jun 24 05:47:35966555747744@ Jun 24 05:47:53966560825239@ Jun 24 06:07:52966541147164@ Jun 24 15:49:55966566478883@ thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thehero
5 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Adding lines to pattern space

Is there any way to add lines to the pattern space of sed? I know a bit about the N flag, but am not able to use it to do what I want which is: read a file n lines at a time. If I find a match I quit else move to the next line. e.g. if I am looking for the following three lines Hello How... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jawsnnn
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding word in blank space

Hi, var=QSB SBD SDN SGJ SJP SKB SKD SLP SML SNB SRE SRG STP TAJ UMP UNO VKS VND VNS WAH ZRR I have to put *.sql after every word What I did echo $var>/root/file1.sql sed -i 's/ /*.sql /g' file1.sql cat file1.sql Output QSB*.sql SBD*.sql SDN*.sql SGJ*.sql SJP*.sql SKB*.sql... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding variable number of space in between two string

Hi, I am looking for the way to add variable number of spaces between two string. e.g input line is a ,bb abc ,bcb pqr ,bfg My output should be something like this a ,bb abc ,bcb pqr ,bfg This text... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: diehard
9 Replies
gfs_quota(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      gfs_quota(8)

NAME
gfs_quota - Manipulate GFS disk quotas SYNOPSIS
gfs_quota <list|sync|get|limit|warn|check|init> [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
gfs_quota is used to examine and change quota values in a GFS filesystem. This command has a number of different actions. ACTIONS
list List the contents of the quota file. Only IDs that have a non-zero hard limit, warn limit, or value are printed. sync Sync any local quota changes to the quota file. get Get the current data for the ID specified by the -u or -g argument. limit Set the current hard limit for the ID specified by the -u or -g argument to the value specified by the -l argument on the specified filesystem. The filesystem won't let the user or group use more than this much space. A value of zero here means that no limit is enforced. warn Set the current warn limit for the ID specified by the -u or -g argument to the value specified by the -l argument on the specified filesystem. The filesystem will start complaining to the user or group when more than this much space is used. A value of zero here means that the user won't ever be warned. check Scan a filesystem and make sure that what's out there on the disk matches what's in the quota file. This is only accurate if the filesystem is idle when this is running. If there is a mismatch, it is printed to stdout. Note: GFS quotas are transactional and a quota check is not needed every time there is a system crash. init Scan a filesystem and initialize the quota file with the values obtained from the scan. The filesystem should be idle when this is run. You should only need to do this if you upgrade a pre-quota GFS filesystem (pre-GFS 5.1). OPTIONS
-b The units for disk space are filesystem blocks. -d Don't include the space allocated to GFS' hidden files in what's reported for the root UID and GID values. This is useful if you're trying to get the numbers reported by gfs_quota to match up with the numbers reported by du. -f Directory Specifies which filesystem to perform the action on. -g GID Specifies the group ID for get, limit, or warn. It can be either the group name from the group file, or the GID number. -h Print out a help message describing available options, then exit. -k The units for disk space are kilobytes. -l Size Specifies the new value for the limit or warn actions. The value is assumed to be in the units specified by the -m, -k, -s, -b arguments. The default is megabytes. -m The units for disk space are megabytes. This is the default. -n Don't try to resolve UIDs and GIDs into user and group names. -s The units for disk space are sectors (512-byte blocks). -u UID Specifies the user ID for get, limit, or warn. It can be either the username from the password file, or the UID number. -V Print program version information, then exit. EXAMPLE
To set the hard limit for user "nobody" to 1048576 kilobytes on filesystem /gfs0 gfs_quota limit -l 1048576 -k -u nobody -f /gfs0 gfs_quota(8)